Chapter 56

*gasp* A double update?!? What? Enjoy! I'm playing a game here, trying to see how complicated I can make this story. Have fun and enjoy Nathan's POV! He's probably the hardest for me to write.

***

**| Nathan's POV |**

Nathan: Family meeting, now. Sergeant Jasper, Victor's apartment.

Mr. B: What is going on? Report.

Doc: Is everything okay?

Kota: Nate, what's going on?

Nathan: I just saw Volto.

Gabe: You better be fucking lying right now.

Nathan: Definitely him. I chased after him but lost him.

Kota: Where?

Nathan: Sending the location now.

Kota: Victor, pull whatever surveillance you can.

Vic: On it.

Mr. B: The Toma team will be joining us. If this really is Volto, we will need their help. Meet at Victor's ASAP.

North: I have Silas and Luke with me right now, we will be there shortly. ETA 10

Raven drove us back to the Sergeant Jasper, ignoring all laws, explaining that they were only suggestions. I held onto the Oh Shit handle in the SUV, my mind going over and over Volto's face. That fucking mask.

He's been haunting my team since we did a mission in a company building, trying to figure who had been selling company information to their rivals. He made himself known during that mission and has been around ever since. We haven't seen him in a year and had hoped he moved on with his sorry excuse of a life.

Victor finally got over his obsession with tracking him down too and this was just going to turn him back into that computer zombie. He would just type furiously at his screen, trying to track the asshole down, barely paying attention to anything.

Mr. B had to ground him, taking away all his electronics for a week. We spent that week camping, trying to get everyone's thoughts away from Volto and on keeping our bond strong.

Volto nearly tore my family apart.

"What is going on?" Raven asked when we were about a mile away from the apartment building everyone moved into.

"You'll find out," I said.

He didn't say anything else and we drove the rest of the way in silence. A perfect night with Sang was now tainted by that fucker. Why did he have to show his face now of all times? What did he want? We weren't even doing any missions, taking a break after getting Kevin back, and focusing on helping Sang.

Sang.

I sighed at the thought of her. I didn't want to leave her like we did. I wanted to make sure she got to her destination safely. Good thing the Uber driver was also Academy so I could trust him to make sure she was safe. And Corey still had the tracker on her. He was smart enough to have it slipped into one of her shoes so she wouldn't notice and it wouldn't be lost when she changed her clothes.

When Raven pulled into the underground garage of the apartment building, I was out and making my way to the elevators, Raven right behind me.

The ride was quick as we went up to the tenth floor, where Victor lived. The moment he turned eighteen, he moved here with Kota. We all followed when we turned eighteen. Doc and Mr. B even had an apartment here though Mr. B stilled held onto his house on the outskirts. Something about the future and not wanting to live in cramped apartment buildings forever.