Chapter 57

It's an update! Enjoy. Also, this really made me consider making this a RH HEA with 15 boys instead of 14 lmao. (BUT!! Not happening.)

***

**| Sang's POV |**

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Wil asked, looking at me as I collected my things. We just finished up with tutoring and now it was time for me to go face my demons.

I nodded. "Yeah. I'll just go in, and tell them. Should be fine." I paused, doubt sneaking. "Right?"

He nodded. "You did nothing wrong, Sang. Don't let them think you did. Just tell them you realized your birth certificate was a fake. Tell them you realized your dad never registered you when you were born. I will come with you if you need me to."

I shook my head. I did not want him there with me. I wanted to do this alone.

Wil stood up, his worried eyes focused on me. He approached me slowly and I stilled, not sure what he was doing. When he got close enough to feel his heat, he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into a hug, his chin resting on top of my head, his arms wrapping around my body, hands on my back.

I stiffened, not knowing how to respond. He never hugged me before.

"Happy eighteenth birthday, Sang," he whispered. "I'm proud of how far you came despite your situation. You've never strayed far from my thoughts and I wished I had the ability to help you more but you're strong. Stronger than anyone. You were put into a dark place but instead of letting it destroy you, you used it as an opportunity to see the stars, to see what others overlook everyday. You'll be fine and I'm always here for you."

His words warmed me to the core and my eyes burned with tears wanting to fall. This, right here, this moment, I would remember it years down the road, as an old woman. I nodded into his chest, closing my eyes and taking a slow breath, letting his scent comfort me. Finally, I pulled away and looked up at a boy who became a dear friend of mine.

"Thank you," I said thickly.

He smiled back and ran a hand through his dark brown hair, the muscles in his arms flexing at the movement. "No need for a thanks. I just spoke the truth." He went over to his bag and dug through it before pulling out a smaller bag and handing it to me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Your birthday present." I opened my mouth but he shook his head. "I already know what you're going to say and don't worry. This barely cost me anything."

We stared at each other for a few long moments, a battle of wills. He knew how I felt about gifts. Food, I barely tolerated getting from him. I knew he wasn't swimming in money either. He went to school on a scholarship, something set up by his sister. He made by with what he had but he didn't have the extra to spend on me.

"Sang, stop thinking about it," he chuckled. "Just open it."

I nodded and did as he said, opening the bag and peeking inside.

My lips twitched as I reached out and pulled out a book. It was a small pocketbook, making it easy to carry in my bag without weighing it done. On the cover was a globe of the world. I flipped it open and sighed. It was perfect. Each page was a little piece of the world, explaining where it was located, the culture, language, food, and random other facts.

"I know you want to travel the world, to see as much of it as you can. I figure this can be a guide, give you ideas of where to go, what to see beyond the tourist spots. When you get everything cleared up about your existence, one of the first thing you should do is get your passport. I'll help you with it too. There's a program you can sign up for. You can use your experience helping the nomads to get accepted and I don't see why they wouldn't accept you. They train you for a couple of months and then send you out around the world to different locations. You can teach English, or help build up areas, help make sure they are all healthy, whatever you want to volunteer to do."