Chapter 31

My first A Report for this story!! With a good solid 2.9K words for you to hopefully enjoy. And with this update, I've reached the spot I made it to during NaNoWriMo. Yay!! Don't worry, I still have lots of plans and so much more to write.

***

**| ~A~ Report |**

Marc, Luke, and Gabriel watched as Sang crawled into the tube part of the playground and fell asleep.

"She won't last much longer on the streets," Marc spoke quietly, unable to look away from where he knew she was sleeping.

Luke nodded in agreement as his heart wrenched at the idea of her becoming ill. She didn't need that happening to her.

"What the fuck are we supposed to do? We're supposed to be homeless and she doesn't trust anyone. She barely trusts us," Gabriel said with worried eyes as he looked at the small figure. "Fuck. Why can't she just trust us?"

"She does trust us. If she didn't, she wouldn't sleep with us around. The first few nights with us, she didn't sleep at all," Marc said. He dug through his bag and pulled out the emergency phone, meant to be used only when they were cleared to meet with team members for check-ins.

He quickly sent out a text before turning it off and hiding it back in his bag.

While they waited, Luke rested in the twirling slide, listening to everything.

He rubbed at his chest as his thoughts turned to Sang. She was just as broken as they were, probably more so. At least they were safe and it had been years since any of them faced abuse, but Sang? She's been living out here for two years now. Two years!

She kept showing them new tricks every day on how to survive the streets. Without her help, they would have found trouble a long time ago. Especially with that Jade chick.

"Where the fuck is Luke?" a deep voice growled and Luke smiled at the sound of his little brother's worried voice.

"Be quiet," Luke warned, still on the slide and not bothering to move.

"Where the hell is he?" North asked, looking around for his brother. He hadn't seen Luke in a while and needed to make sure he was okay. He hated that Luke was on the streets without him there too.

"On the slide," Gabriel answered. "Now shush. Sang is in the playground and you're not allowed to wake her up."

"Let's take this over to the trees over there," Marc said as Luke finally sat up and looked over the edge of the slide.

He grinned at the thirteen other members of the temporarily formed team and waved big North. This would be the first time they all had a chance to meet up together to get everyone caught up with the different parts of the mission.

Marc pointed off to the side where some trees stood and everyone walked over, the darkness nearly swallowing them. Luke climbed down and walked over, keeping an eye on the playground and for signs of Cupcake waking up and moving around.

Raven came over with a small grocery bag and went to walk past Luke.

"Where are you going?" Axel asked.

Raven smirked. "To give Polosataya Koshka some provisions."

Luke got in front of him to block his way while North stormed over and grabbed the bag. He opened it and scowled.

"Fucking Russian," he growled and glared at Raven who's smirk only widened. "You can't give her fruit cups."

"You'll deny her food?"