Chapter 50

An update!!! Thank for you not harassing me about updates during March. I managed to edit half of my original story. Anyways, enjoy and thank you for sticking with me. Now to begin the journey of the silly Academy boys getting Sang's forgiveness.

***

**|Sang's POV|**

I felt a lot better on Sunday, thanks to the hydration I got the day before and the pills Ailee made sure I took on schedule. The moment the hydration finished up, I feigned being tired and then when the coast was clear, found Ailee and talked her into leaving the hospital.

She didn't mind and understood I didn't want to be there. So we walked out and I was glad none of the boys were around to stop us. I didn't doubt they would just pick me up and drag me back into the hospital room.

Now I was underneath a tree in the park, watching all the nomads having fun. I stretched my feet out in front of me and smiled. I couldn't not smile.

Not when everyone else around me was smiling and I had only one week left. Not even a week. Only a few more days.

A few more days and then I was officially eighteen.

A few more days and I could do what I wanted to do a long time ago.

Turn my father in.

Build a life.

I focused on the truck with Ailee up there, helping Tryst to pass out the goods to different nomads. I refused to skip out on today but Ailee decided she would be my arms and legs so I could rest, doing what I would normally do. That meant she made me sit out the shopping part at the warehouse while she collected everything. I just told her what to grab. Then she made me sit here while she helped out at the event.

She even dressed conservatively in a pair of skinny jeans hanging low on her narrow hips and a t-shirt. Her boots didn't even have heels on them. She looked like the nineteen-year-old woman that she was.

Tryst said something and she laughed, shaking her head. Ailee smiled and passed a rolled up blanket to a young girl. The girl grinned at Ailee, nodding and listening intently before taking her gift and walking away.

A familiar figure caught my attention and I watched as he strolled towards me, his gait confident, his white t-shirt popping out against his dark skin. When our eyes met, he sent me a smile.

"You're looking better," he said.

I narrowed my eyes. He may have walked confidently, but his body was stiff so I knew he was hurting.

"Shouldn't you still be in the hospital?"

He nodded. "Of course."

I stayed silent as he settled down next to me, releasing a slow sigh as he leaned against the huge tree I leaned against.

"So?" I asked, not looking at him.

"So, what?"

"Why aren't you in the hospital, resting like you should be?"

He chuckled. "Shouldn't you be too? I mean you were shot and you were sick."

"I hate hospitals."

"Me too."

I frowned. He still didn't answer my question.

Kevin let out a long whistle, keeping it low. "You did all this?"

My cheeks warmed at how much he sounded impressed.

"The nomads need a day where they can just be and this allows them to do that while receiving the care and supplies they desperately need. The volunteers are the reason it's as big as it is now. Without them, this wouldn't exist."