Chapter 62

Here ya go, 1Lisamurray! Enjoy.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Corey brought me to a little diner and we got seated at a table along the wall, out of sight of the windows and with a clear view of the entire room. We placed our orders quickly, me sticking to oatmeal with small bowl of fresh fruit. Corey went with scrambled eggs, hash browns, and toast.

"Want to tell me about last night?"

I stuck the straw into my water and lifted it, taking a sip and not looking away from his cerulean blue eyes. I shook my head as I placed the cup back down.

Corey's expression softened and he was sweet enough to change the topic, instead going into a project he was working on. I had to admit I got really interested in the conversation, asking him questions about how developing phone apps worked.

Before I knew it, breakfast was over, I was full, and I knew more about Corey. He was so sweet and smart, noticing things about me people normally looked over. About halfway through breakfast he had grabbed a small plate and shared his hash browns with me, noticing that I kept eyeing them. After saying they would go to waste if I didn't eat them, I finally caved and ate them. They were delicious.

"Are we heading to the library?" Corey asked and I nodded.

I had tutoring with Wil and I wasn't going to miss it because of Rocky. Or that Volto character. Or my dad. Certain parts of my routine, I couldn't break.

We walked over to the library and Corey kept pace with me, his hands in his jeans, head up as his eyes kept scanning the area. We made it to the library without anything happening.

The librarian smiled at me but didn't say anything as I slipped past, heading toward the study area.

I spotted Wil's brown hair, glad that he was here. We approached and I grabbed the table next to him.

Wil looked up from the textbook he was going through. He frowned as he took in my face, an eyebrow going up. I shook my head, letting him know I didn't go through with it. I still didn't exist.

"Wil, this is Corey. Some...things happened and he's hanging around to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Corey came over and grabbed the chair next to mine and smiled at Wil.

"Hi, Wil, nice to see you again," he said.

Wil looked Corey over slowly before smiling. "Corey," he said. "Good to see you."

My mouth popped open in surprise as I looked between the two of them.

"You know each other? Does that mean you know the others?"

Does that mean he's in the Academy too?

"The others?" Wil asked, looking confused and my shoulders lowered slightly in relief. "I know Corey and his friend, Axel. They helped me get into college as a favor for my sister."

"Sister? Kayli, right?" I asked.

Wil nodded. "Sit down, Sang. There's nothing more going on here than what you see."

I narrowed my eyes but did as he said. For a moment I thought this was going to be another case of them lying to me. Wil had acted like he didn't even know Marc so it was nice to know that really was the case.

"How is Kayli?" Corey asked, smiling as he settled down in the chair next to mine, his leg bumping into mine.

"Getting a sunburn the last time I knew," Wil chuckled as he pulled out the folder with all the work I would be doing safely tucked away inside.