Chapter 92

I know! I know! This chapter is really short, but there are reasons:

1. I can't force this to be longer.

2. I really wanted to get this story updated. I didn't disappear!

So enjoy and don't hate me too much! I'm already working on the next chapter.

***

I woke up next to a hard furnace. I kept my eyes closed and furrowed into it, letting the heat keep me warm. Someone grunted and my eyes snapped open, only to meet dark ones. I yelped and pulled away, nearly falling off the other side of the bed.

"R-Raven?" I stuttered out, my brain going from a slug's pace to a squirrel's.

"Yes, Polosataya Koshka," he said with a slight grin.

"What are you..." I trailed off as I realized he was shirtless. My eyes traveled the hard plains and valleys of his expansive chest, taking in all the ink showing. I reached out, wanting to touch the tribal marks coming up his arms and up over his shoulders until they blended into roses on his chest. I could never imagine marking my skin, but seeing how his tattoos against his chest looked, I was tempted to get one.

I traveled down to his pronounced abs and then lower, scared to know if he wore anything or not. He did. Briefs. I let out a little yelp

"Sang?" Raven said and I met his eyes, my face growing hot. He knew I just checked him out. The little prideful smirk told me so.

"Yeah?"

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked. I focused on his face and watched as his mouth slipped down into a concerned frown. Little shadows in his eyes clued me into the guilt that kept his body stiff.

I frowned. "I feel fine."

He nodded. "Good. North got mad. He didn't stop yelling until about an hour ago. Something about reliance on alcohol."

I bit my lip and looked around the room. I wasn't in the one I usually used. The scent of lavender and citrus clued me in. This room smelled just like Sean did.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I wanted a nap too. And you were moaning in your sleep. When I touched you to wake you up, you went quiet. So I crawled into bed."

"Nearly naked?"

He shrugged. "Comfortable."

"Oh."

"Are you really okay?"

I nodded. "I'm fine. I probably had a bad dream."

Raven smirked. "I don't mind chasing away your nightmares. Anytime, Polosataya Koshka, and I'll run them off."

I felt my body relax and I gave him a smile, my chest warm with emotions. He stilled, just staring at me, and my smile slipped away as I grew nervous with how intent he looked at me.

"W-What?" I asked. He was making me self-conscious. I didn't understand the look in his eyes and they made me feel weird.

"You're a hussy."

My eyes widened and my mouth popped open. "Excuse me?" I asked in a low voice, never expecting to hear that from him.

He nodded, as if agreeing to some thought in his head. "Yes, hussy. Or minx. I like minx better."

He flashed me a smile, showing all his teeth. "You have us all wrapped around your finger. You just need to smile and I want to give you the world." His head tilted to the side as I felt the blood drain from my face.

I thought I got away from that.

You're a slut.

All you're good for is opening your legs.

"Um." I sat up from the bed and slipped off, my legs barely able to hold me up. "I'm going to go to the bathroom" I said. My chest heavy. His words overlapped with my stepmother's and it felt like he grabbed my lungs and squeezed them. I struggled to take a full breath.

Tears burned behind my eyes.

"Sang?" Raven called out, panic in his voice. I bumped into someone, threw out an 'excuse me' and kept on going.

Someone else called out for me but all I could hear was her voice.

Should have never took you in.

Useless slut.

Only good for opening your legs for men.

I managed to find the bathroom and pushed through, slamming the door shut behind me, making sure to lock it.

I slid down to the floor and before I even hit the cold tile, the pain exploded and I felt like someone stabbed me in the chest. The tears fell.

I never meant to be a hussy. I didn't want to be that person. I could barely tolerate touch and yet, Raven was right. All of them were doing too much for me. If I were them, I would have left me behind. I would have never gone searching for me when I left them the first time. I wasn't worth the time. I hated how much trouble I gave them.

They were too good for me.

I cried, the tears falling hard as I bit into my hand to stay quiet. I allowed all the emotions to just exist. The pain and sadness, the frustration. The guilt. When I cried myself out, I just sat there curled up, ignoring the slight pain in my body. No doubt, Sean would come and make me take pain medication the moment he realized I was up. That was who he was, making sure everyone was healthy and whole. He made a great doctor. And instead of being here, taking care of me, he could be other there, helping others, like that little boy at Tent City. He needed Sean more than I did.

I was holding them back. I just knew it.

I took in slow breaths and then released them. With each breath, I allowed my emotions to calm and my wall to be rebuilt, brick by brick.

I refused to be someone's burden.