Chapter 93

Thank you for your patience! Enjoy and let me know what you think. Your votes and comments mean the world to me.

***

**| Corey's POV |**

I went up to check on Sang and Raven. Sean was downstairs, trying to get Mr. Blackbourne to let him help cook. I really hoped he didn't. I tried a soup Sean made. Never again. Sean didn't understand the concept of seasoning.

The door was already opened so I went to go through when someone bumped into me. I blinked in surprise as a little blonde ran past me as if being chased by demons. I couldn't see her face, but by the way her shoulder shook in her thin t-shirt, I knew. Something was wrong.

"Sang!" I called out, hoping to get her to stop. She didn't as she turned around a corner and out of my sight. All my instincts told me to go after her, to comfort her. But first, I needed to know what was wrong.

I glanced in the room and watched as Raven pulled on his clothes. I would normally enjoy the show, but Sang's flight had me on edge. I stepped into the room and closed the door. Raven's head snapped up but his expression fell when he realized it was just me.

That made me frown.

I crossed my arms and leaned up against the doorframe as he approached. "What did you do?"

"Let me out," he said, his accent heavy.

I shook my head. "No. What did you do?"

His frown deepened and he scowled at me. "I don't know. We were talking. And then she looked like I stepped on her tail. And then she was gone, talking about taking a piss."

That confused me. She wouldn't just take off like that to go to the bathroom.

"Raven, what did you say?" I asked.

"She smiled," he said and goofy grin came on his face as his dark eyes glazed. "First time seeing that. Heart. It all came from her heart. I wanted to grab her and kiss her silly." Raven bit down on his lip ring as he came out of thoughts and focused on me.

I thought hearing him say that would feel like a knife twisting in my heart, but I felt nothing like that, which confused me. I loved Raven for a long time and we'd been in a relationship for a couple years now, since after Kayli. She was the one to push us to make the leap. She had a rough personality but solid heart. I was glad she found her happiness with Blake.

"She has a nice smile," I said.

"No, Cor. She smiled," Raven said with intensity, as if that meant everything in the world. "Not that smile she's been using, but the kind that comes from the soul. She left me dumb."

A really bad feeling came over me. "What did you say after that?" I asked.

He frowned, looking so lost and confused. "I said she was a hussy."

I took a moment to process what he said. "Excuse me?"

"Hussy, minx, a goddess."

I shook my head. "Please say you used goddess."

"No, I said hussy, but I think minx sounds better."

I bit down and took in a sharp breath through my nose. "Raven Ravenstahl," I said slowly, trying to find the patience I was known to have inside of me. "Do you understand what you just called her."

"But she's a goddess."

"Maybe, but goddess doesn't mean hussy or minx."

He looked so confused. I wanted to feel bad for him, but I couldn't. Not right now. While mixing up his words was adorable, sometimes he screwed them up so much that he offended others. And it seemed like he just did that with Sang. "You just called Sang an immoral girl."