Chapter 51

I know, it's a short chapter, but I promise, the boys will begin making it up to her soon! For now, enjoy!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

I smiled at the librarian when I went into the library, a little nervous since I missed tutoring with Wil. I had never missed tutoring, they were a constant I needed in my life.

I peeked around as I made my way towards all the tables, and smiled when I spotted the familiar dark brown hair as he leaned over a pile of books.

"Hi, Wil," I said, settling into the seat next to his, placing a bag by my feet. I lost my other bag when I hid in the truck so I could help Ailee. This new one was my backup, one I kept well hidden in a tree just in case my other one ever got lost or stolen. Of course, now I needed to get another bag with extra supplies and hide it again.

Wil jumped at the sound of my voice and his head shot up. He stared at me with worried green eyes, his mouth opening and closing. I smiled at him.

He leaned back and looked around the room, no doubt looking for the three boys.

"Are you okay?" he finally asked.

I nodded. "I'm sorry, I got sick and ended up missing tutoring."

"Do you need me to get you some medicine? I can run to the drug store next door and get you something. Tylenol? NyQuil? A›leve? What do you need?" He shifted to get to his feet but I grabbed his hand to make him stop.

"I'm okay," I smiled at him, trying to reassure him. "Ailee made sure I got lots of rest and I feel a lot better now."

His eyes flickered over my face, no doubt taking in the dark circles underneath my eyes. Eventually, he nodded and dug in his bag before pulling out a small paper bag, handing it me.

I lifted an eyebrow and he smiled. "Just a sub. I wasn't sure if you were coming today. I thought...I thought, well hoped, you got off the streets and didn't need me anymore." His expression saddened as he looked down at the notebook in front of him. "Or that you left. Or something bad happened to you."

I stared at him for a few long moments before my eyes grew big with realization. "You were worried."

He nodded. "Yes."

I gave him a soft smile. "Thank you. And I'm sorry I worried you. I was just sick. I promise."

"And what about Gabriel, Marc, and Luke? I'm surprised they aren't right here with you after you were sick. They seemed to want to stick closely to you."

My body stiffened as he talked. "They finished their report.The one I told you they were writing about being homeless."

He snorted. "I'm not dumb, Sang. There was no report. And they were determined to help you with those men kidnapping the nomads."

"They did help."

He shifted. "Is everything okay now?"

I nodded. "They got what they wanted." I pleaded with my eyes for him to just stop. This conversation wasn't something I wanted to get into. I was a confused mess when it came to them.

"Okay." He nodded. "Okay. Let's get you smarter than the average PhD student then."

I gave him a grateful smile as he dug out a folder and handed it to me. I groaned at the subject neatly written on it. Physics.

"Why can't we learn about literature or something?"

"Because I'm a computer science major and no one will be impressed with me if I talk about Tolstoy or Faulkner."