Chapter 76

Today, I'm doing a double update for the birthday girl: denice35 Happy birthday! These next two chapters are for you.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

On Monday, Brandon flipped through motorcycle magazines while Wil tutored me. He didn't say much, just greeted Wil and settled down for the next few hours. Which were brutal. Wil stayed patient as he talked me through some of the problems he gave me. I was the one who lost my patience this time around.

"I need a break," I groaned and leaned back, rubbing at my head and the headache trying to take root.

Wil chuckled as he closed the textbook sitting between us.

"I'm going to go find you a reference book," he said before getting up and disappearing. I turned my attention to the magazine Brandon held up as he looked through it. All I could make out on the cover was a mountain.

I reached over and pushed the cover up to get a better view and smiled. The photo was of two couples riding separate bikes up a mountain, the picture showing the view of other mountains behind them, just beyond the cliff. The top of the mountains were snowy white and by the way the road looked to hug the sides of the mountains as they wounded their way up, I thought I knew where.

"Switzerland," I said.

Brandon looked up from the page he stared at. "What?"

I pointed to the cover. "That's Furka Pass in Switzerland. It goes through the Swiss Alps."

He closed the magazine so he could look at the cover.

"How do you know that?" he asked curiously, his cerulean blue eyes making me shift in my seat.

"I read an article that listed the roads a person should drive at least once in their lifetime. That was on there and it's definitely on my bucket list."

Brandon chuckled and I smiled at the deep sound of it. "Driving roads is on your bucket list?"

"No, traveling is," I replied. "I want to see the world. And I figured seeing all these roads would be an interesting way to start."

Brandon put the magazine on the table and leaned back, completely focused on me as I talked. His attention unnerved me, he genuinely looked like he was interested in what I was talking about.

"Where would you start?" he asked.

I smiled wistfully. "Our home country of course. There's plenty to see here. I would head west, making sure to stop at all the big landmarks. I know they're tourist traps, but let's be realistic. They're tourist traps for a reason. But I won't just pass through without really looking around. I want to look beyond Highway 1 that runs along Pacific coastline. I want to swim with the sharks, find hidden caves, private beaches. I want to talk with the locals, learn their stories."

"Locals?" he cocked an eyebrow and his lip twitched. He knew exactly who I was talking about.

I nodded. "The local nomads. They would know everything about the place, all the small nooks and crannies of the area. Talk with them and they can tell you a good spot to stare up at the stars, or the best food trucks to order from."

"Where else?" he whispered, still staring at me.

I flipped through the information in my brain. There were so many places. "I want to walk across the Atlantic Road, take a mountain bike across the White Rim Road. A hundred of miles of just me and the rocky path. Take the ninety-nine bends to get to Tianmen Cave in China and then from China, go to Pakistan on the Karakoram Highway." I sighed. "I want to see it all. Do it all."