Chapter 118

An update! I'm on vacation with the fam. so haven't had much writing time. Enjoy!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Corey and Victor took turns watching Samantha's laptop and the little bug we put on her computer. Nothing happened for the rest of Monday. Corey and Victor were nearly obsessed with keeping watch and I had to make them take breaks so they'd give their eyes a rest.

Now, it was early morning, around seven on Tuesday, when Victor stilled and leaned closer to the laptop, his sleepy brown eyes focusing, the dullness in them melting into fiery determination as his fingers moved across the screen.

Corey had gotten up to get a few minutes of shut eye, but he was in the room just as quickly as Victor got to work.

"What happened?" Corey asked, taking the seat next to Victor. A couple of the other guys came into the room, watching and waiting.

"She just sent Vulcan an email," Victor said. The bug is being sent over. Now he just needs to open it and we'll be on his device."

"What if he opens it on his phone?" Kota asked.

Corey glanced over briefly with a smirk. "Right now, he's reported to be home. A good chance, he'll be on his laptop, but if not, then we at least can make use of his network and get where we need to through his wireless internet."

"You can do that?" I asked.

He nodded as he focused back on the screen.

"I still don't get why we couldn't send a fake email on her behalf," North grumbled. "Would have been faster than all this waiting."

"Because we don't know her. We don't know the actual pattern to her emailing him and what they contain. Didn't have that time to go that deep. We could have tipped him off and even if we got the bug on his computer, we'd still need time to get everything off. He'd have time to alert his computer friend and he'd fight us while they wiped everything."

"And he'll run," Owen spoke up.

Corey nodded and turned back to the screen to watch Victor. After a few more minutes, Victor moved over and Corey quickly took over, his fingers flying even faster over the keyboard. Victor was good, but Corey was a pro with a few more years under his belt and I had a feeling Corey also liked to live on the edge when it came to this computer stuff. For him, it was more than just tinkering around to see what he could do.

And by the way Victor looked at Corey, he thought the same. To Victor, Corey had to be a god right now with how he worked. I moved closer, wanting to see the screen. My eyebrows lifted with the way screens with gibberish flashed up onto the screen and then just as quickly disappeared.

The screen itself was black with white letters and numbers. Lines popped up and the screen scrolled as Corey typed and pressed enter to go to another line. He put in code I didn't understand. Then the screen would disappear and he'd do more of the same.

I reached over and rested my hand on Victor's back as I came closer. He inched over a bit to give me more room to see.

"Perfect, he opened it on his personal desktop," Corey said with a grin that sent a shiver down my spine. There was anger in the grin and his eyes were lit with cocky assurance.

"This will take time to get everything. But in the next two hours, we'll be able to nail him down," Corey said.

"Come on, Baby, let's get some food for everyone," North said. He held his hand out and without thinking, I reached out for it. When did it become so easy to reach for them?