Chapter 122

**| Sang's POV |**

We all sat around the campfire, just talking when Gabriel jumped up. "Okay, game time."

I sat up straighter, interested. "What do you want to play?" I asked.

"Hide and go scare," he said, rubbing his hands together.

Nathan suddenly looked just as excited about this. Luke too. Marc had a smirk on his face and Raven was grinning wide.

"What's that?" I asked.

"The counter counts to fifty while everyone else goes and hides," Gabriel explained. "Once they reach the end, they go and search for everyone. The twist here is that the hiders get to scare the counter and the one who scares them the most wins and the one who doesn't scare them has to be the counter."

"I wanna play."

"And we will. Who wants to be the counter?"

"Me," I said.

"Are you sure?" Victor asked.

I nodded. My skills versus theirs. I eyed Luke. He'd be my biggest challenge. He tried to sit there and look innocent, but I could see the challenge in his eyes. They seemed to say 'Come at me, Cupcake'.

"Great, we get to scare Sang," Marc said with a gleam.

"You'll try," I said and smiled. "But I'm going to scare you."

"I don't think that's how it works," he said.

"Why not?" I asked. "The rules only say I need to find you guys and not get scared. Fair game to return the favor. Watch your back, Mocha. You're first."

The smile slipped away and he actually looked worried. I bit back a smile as the other chuckled.

"Everyone bring a flashlight in case something happens," Sean said and passed them out.

"Sang, go in your tent and count to fifty. Everyone, stay close by. Don't wander too far away."

Everyone stood up and I went over to my tent, climbing inside and zipping it back up.

"Start!" Gabriel yelled.

I began counting loud enough for them to hear me if they stayed close enough to the campsite. I tried to hear where they went, but I was too unfamiliar with the noses around me. They were completely different from Charleston, more natural. Like I wasn't sure of the rustling was from the wind or someone brushing against branches.

Once I hit fifty, I called out a warning and got back out. The only light source was the campfire. That meant some of the guys had to be within sight because they wouldn't risk a forest fire. My best guess would be North, Brandon, and Axel. Owen would go further in, knowing the fire was in good hands.

I wanted to find Marc first, but I also wanted him to stew a bit, build it up. The best way to create fear was through tension. A human mind was interesting. They could come up with a million bad things in moments, and Marc's mind would do just that for me.

I slipped into the woods, mindful of everything that could give my position away. It was hard as I avoided branches and crunchy leaves. There were still rock formations around and I used those when I could to stay quiet. As I moved through the woods, I became familiar with the pattern of nature.

That was the only reason why I caught the extra rustle of leaves that didn't belong. Someone was trying to sneak up on me. I grinned, my heart beating fast as my body fought against the whole being hunted feeling. They wouldn't hurt me.

I slipped between two trees, relying on touch to tell me. Once I got an idea of where the person was, I moved, ducking low and moving slowly. I didn't want them thinking I was an easy target.