Chapter 65

Figured I needed to update something. Enjoy and thank you for your patience!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

My stepmother screaming woke me up. My eyes flew open and I held my breath. I could practically hear my heart thumping in my chest but I refused to move. If I didn't move, nothing bad could happen. Right?

I didn't hear anything so I slowly sat up and looked around the room. The shadows in the corners were extra dark and there was no stopping the shudder that crawled through my body from head to toe. It felt like eyes were on me but I couldn't see anything. I squinted into a corner too dark to be natural. After a few moments, the corner seemed to shake and my ears itched, trying to pick up any noise that would clue me into what was going on.

I pulled the covers off me, noting the way the blankets were damp. I probably had another nightmare again. I stepped onto the freezing cold floor, my eyes still glued to that dark corner. It was right next to the closet, which only made the possibilities more real. Something could be in there and I was blind because of the solid blackness.

When I made it to my feet and inched towards the door to get out of my room, the blackness surged into a massive wave and flew towards me. I screamed and turned towards the door, aiming to grab the doorknob.

The blackness swallowed me whole.

**

I popped up in bed, swallowing the fear trying to drown me. I wasn't in my old bedroom. My stepmother was no where near me. I dove to the nightstand and turned on the lamp, my eyes blinking at the sudden yellow light. I glanced in all the corners.

Nothing.

Just me.

No darkness.

I got to my feet and went over to the window, peeking out into the backyard. The moon was high in the sky now, lighting it up so that I could see the backyard. I hadn't been in a pool in a while. Maybe I could go swimming tomorrow. They wouldn't mind, right?

I could already feel the refreshing water washing over my skin.

Movement caught my attention and I looked off to the side, near a tree. The shadows were deep but the moonlight reflected off white. And I knew.

He stood there, staring at the house. His head was tilted up and I swear I could feel his eyes on me. Fear coursed through my veins now that I knew he was stalking me because of my affiliation Academy members.

I backed away from the window and went over to the nightstand where I had placed the cellphone Corey gave me. I quickly opened it as I walked back over to the window.

He was still there. So still. So patient.

He always seemed so patient, just showing up and watching. Not making a move. Maybe waiting for the right time.

I quickly called Corey's phone and he answered right away.

"Sang? What's wrong?"

I took in a shuddering breath. "Volto is outside right now. Backyard, left side, by the tree."

There was a moment of silence.

"Stay where you are." Then he hung up. I stared at the phone briefly before looking back out the window. He was still just standing there.

Creeper.

"Sang," Corey called out, coming into the room. I could feel him move up next to me. He glanced out the window and said something underneath his breath.