Chapter 103

There are probably going to be discrepancies because for the life of me, I couldn't remember how much of Sang's abusive background the guys knew about. So if it's repeated knowledge, I apologize, if not, then cool, the story is moving on! Enjoy and than you for your patience with me and this story.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

No one said anything to me and I had a million and one questions to ask. No one even bothered to speak at all and the tension kept me quiet. It stayed like that the entire ride back to the safe house, then as they brought me inside. Even after that, no one said anything, not even to each other as Raven brought me into the living room and sat me down, taking up the space next to me, close enough for his thigh to press against mine. His arm went to the back of the couch around my back.

Gabriel stared at me for a moment with something close to pity before disappearing from the room. I stared after him, tempting to go follow and corner him and get him talking. He would talk too. The next few minutes ticked by slowly as everyone came inside, settling around the room and stealing all the air.

Gabriel finally came back down cradling Sprinkles. He came over to me, stopping right in front of me. "Here," he said and passed the little guy to me.

I cuddled Sprinkles close, enjoying his warmth. He smelled like spring soap, just like Owen, and I smiled at that. Owen must have been the one to hold him last.

"Are we ready to talk?" I asked as Gabriel sat on the floor, back to the couch, next to me.

Looks were exchanged as Corey looked at Axel, who then looked at Owen. Then Axel cleared his throat and opened his mouth.

"Da, we'll talk," Raven said before Axel could even say anything. Axel sent him a warning but Raven ignored him. I shifted so I could look up at him. "That man with your father has bad connections. He's known as the secretary to a business mutt."

"Mongrel," Corey easily corrected.

"Same," Raven snapped. I stilled at his sudden anger. The only thing keeping me still was that I knew Raven would never hurt me, and he wasn't angry at any of us.

"You hate them."

"Hate? Net, I just want to destroy them."

Someone in the room snorted.

"What happened?" I asked.

Axel sighed. "The Academy has been trying to collect enough proof to take them down for a few years now, but they're good at covering their tracks."

I looked at everyone's grim expression and licked my lips, my nerves slowly eating at me. "What did they do?"

"Not did, do," Raven corrected.

Trying to lighten the mood, I looked at him and said, "Same."

He snorted and shifted his arm so it rested around my shoulders. He pulled me closer to him. I glanced at Sean, but he didn't react. Corey didn't care either. Heat warmed my cheeks as my body stiffened. I never...cuddled.

"The company is called Microware Communications and is owned by Remis Vulcan. He's known to buy out business and then dismantle them," Axel explained.

"Extortion, blackmail, threats, violence. We believe he uses all the tactics under the sun to get what he wants," Corey said. "But that isn't the worse."

"Da, the worse are the guns," Raven interrupted.

"G-guns?" I said, tripping over the word.

Raven nodded, his expression solemn. "Guns."