Chapter 109

Writing on my phone is hard, so sorry about any mistakes! My laptop went to crap, but I'm hoping my techie friend can salvage it. For now, enjoy!

***

**| Owen's POV |**

I woke up in the ambulance, with chaos all around. People were running around in gear, guns at their side. Others were directing them. Pedestrians were surrounding other ambulances as they were treated for scrapes, bruises, and shock. I imagined those who were badly hurt were already on their way to the hospital.

The world tilted, but I pushed the feeling aside as I tried to carefully reconstruct all my thoughts into one cohesive idea.

"Hey, you need to lay back down," a female EMT said. I ignored her, forcing myself to my feet and off the gurney. My legs shook as I stood up, but I was okay. I had to be, because Sang definitely wasn't. And Victor. Where was Victor?

I remembered the alarms going off, the man over the speakers, Sang. Sang running. A chill spread through my veins. Sang ran. Toward them. She flipped me over her shoulder and took off with Victor chasing after her. By the time I got there, I was too late. They had surrounded her.

I remembered tackling someone, my mind completely blank of all strategies. I just knew I needed to get to Sang. And then everything went black.

I failed.

Disgust with myself filled my veins.

"Sir, you need to lay back down. You took a hard hit to the head and we need to make sure there aren't any complications," the EMT said, trying to get me back on the gurney.

I looked at her. "I'm fine," I said.

Her mouth popped open and she just gaped at me. I didn't care. I needed to figure out what happened after I lost consciousness. I pulled out my phone, relief flooding through me when I saw that it was working now. There were missed phone calls and texts.

I called Sean.

"Where are you?" he asked, desperation clear in his voice. He was on the verge of panicking. By the background sound through his phone, he had to be in this chaos somewhere. I drew strength from that knowledge. They were nearby.

I glanced around at everything. "Near an ambulance by a statue of a man on a horse."

"I'll be there in a moment." Sean hung up and my slow brain just stared at my cell before finally putting it back in my pockets.

Hands grabbed my shoulders and turned me so I looked into frantic green eyes. "Owen, are you injured? What happened?" Sean's eyes roamed on my face and paused on my forehead. I reached up and felt a bandage there.

"Where is Sang? Victor?" I asked, my brain waking up now.

Tears filled Sean's eyes. "They..." he paused and took a moment to blink back the tears as he pulled himself together. "We had to watch helplessly as they took both Sang and Victor."

My eyes widened. A small part of me had hoped they were safe, but the bigger part of me knew the truth. Sang had been taken. I didn't know Victor had either. Guilt and fury curled into my stomach, collecting in mass, on standby for when I needed to draw on it.

"They took them?" I asked, needing verification.

"They did."

I glanced at the ground briefly, reminding myself to breathe. I had let this happened. They should have been safe. They were under my care and I couldn't do anything.

"Where are everyone?" I asked, trying to move forward, to get a game plan together.

"Axel and Marc are talking with the police so they're aware of the situation. Because of Sang's situation, they are stressing Victor missing. That's going to light a fire under their butts. The others are double checking, trying to find where those men went."