Chapter 125

**|Sang's POV|**

A month had passed and nothing happened. It was quiet. No word from Volto, there was a swift trial, Vulcan and his men having no chance against the overwhelming evidence against them. They were in prison now. My father was in a low security prison and had a chance of parole in fifteen years as part of the deal he set up.

Now, we were at the park. Ailee, Kevin, and Mindy were there with us, along with some of the nomads, including Gypsy, Bray and her dad. We were putting on a huge barbeque before the weather grew cold and dreary. The last few weeks became a dream. At their instance, I got an apartment in the same building as them. Ailee stayed with me and I even met her boyfriend and his son. They were a delight and I loved seeing how Ailee changed around them. There was a new confidence in her and she saw that there was more to life than being a bed warmer.

I laughed as Luke threw the Frisbee at me and I caught it. I took my three steps before barely passing it on to Ailee before Marc took me down. He spun me and chuckled.

"So close," he said.

"Slow poke," I teased.

His eyes narrowed before he swooped down and kissed me. I went dumb as he pulled away, all thoughts disappearing from my mind. The guys had all gotten affectionate after the camping trip and there were a lot of stolen kisses, not that I was complaining.

Marc laughed, his blue and green eyes sparkling as he pulled away. "You taste like pineapple," he said.

I grumbled and wacked his arm, my face burning as I glanced around. I met a couple of gazes, but no one seemed to mind that I kissed Marc. I wasn't sure where I stood with them all or what was going on. I had a few sleepless nights because of it, but for now, everyone seemed content with stolen kisses and even a couple of dates.

We continued playing frisbee until Sean's team beat mine. He came over with a grin and teased me. I rolled my eyes as he pulled me into a hug.

"So Miss Sang, you're free now."

I grinned.

I was. I really was. I even had an appointment tomorrow to get my ID and birth certificate. The real birth certificate, registered, and everything. I was going to become a person, someone the government could track. Corey was already working on my passport and as soon as my birth certificate was registered, he was going to send off the paperwork.

Slowly, over the last couple of weeks, I'd been planning my international trip. The guys didn't like it, but I worked something out with the Academy. I was never going to be Academy. After Vulcan and with everything else, I just didn't want to be  part of them. I didn't want to wonder if I was being used just for my ghost status, and while the boys were Academy, I couldn't get behind it. I got what they did. I really did, and I loved that they were like that, but I couldn't believe in the favor system and all this blind trust the guys seemed to have. I wasn't against it, but I wasn't going to be a part of them.

And I wasn't lying to Volto. If I caught whiff of the Academy being corrupt, I had no issue fighting back. If the Academy went to hell, I wasn't letting them take the guys with them. I never saw that happening. They were genuine from what I could see and everything the Academy did, they did with everyone's interest at heart. They just wanted to remind the world that people were out there who cared.

Besides, I couldn't hate them. I wasn't going to join them and they were still going to help me. In fact, I have my new job because of them. They wanted my skills to help others like me, the nomads of the world. I was going to act as a consultant, and even get paid to do it, and go from city to city to help set up similar systems there to help with the homeless community. It was exactly what I wanted to do and I get to see the world while doing it.

While the Academy was helping with the financials, they had set up a company to specialize in this and not all the employees were in the Academy. The non profit was registered and everything, and people all around had been donating to it. Most of it went toward our community, but as we grew, with plans to hit other cities, we were reaching out to other cities and internationally, to their cities and government. There was a lot of support out there, far more than I ever realized.

Just thought of the future and my soon to come adventures were making me giddy. It was going to be hard, I wasn't going into this blind, and every step of the grueling process was was going to be worth it.

"So, now that everyone is locked away, what exactly do you want to do? I know you'll be traveling for a bit," Sean said and I could see him fight the scowl he wanted to make. I giggled. "But after that's over, what do you want to do? After you check everything off your bucket list, what's next?"

I grinned big.

"I'm going to exist."