Chapter 59

I didn't have to hold my update hostage! Thanks AcademyPrincess. Enjoy!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

I backed up a couple of steps, his cold anger sending fear through my body. He was not in a playful mood.

"Rocky," I whispered, glancing around. "What are you doing here?"

"Dinner. Glad I spotted you skulking around." He tilted his head to the side, his blue-grey eyes hard as they roamed over my body. "It's a shame Rocky has to handle you now," he said. "Really hoped it didn't have to come to this, but Rocky has a reputation to keep and you're putting it at risk."

I swallowed. "What do you mean?"

His lip twisted up into a sneer. "Rocky lost one of my men because of you. A few of my houses were lost in a raid. Because of you, because you don't know how to keep your mouth shut."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm talking about those fucking boys you were going around with. You ratted on me, showed them where to go and next thing Rocky knows, the houses are being raided, my clients being arrested. Now Rocky needs to punish you, make an example of you."

He stepped forward and pulled out a knife, the setting sun reflecting off the steel. I looked behind me, cursing myself for going into an alley with only one way out. I really thought that Volto came this way but then where did he go? I wasn't that far behind him.

Rocky came closer, his expression set in steel. He had hardened himself to this act of violence. I walked backwards, my heart pounding against my chest, screaming at me to run.

But where?

I was trapped.

When Rocky was only a few feet away, he lunged and I scrambled to the side, feeling the knife miss me by inches.

So close.

"When they see what happens when they cross Rocky, those bastards won't be laughing any more," he said and swung at me again,

I threw myself back, slamming into the wall as the knife scraped against the cloth of my shirt, but not cutting it open. I let out a whimper.

The alley was small enough that if I tried to get past him, he would be able to get me with his long reach.

And playing football throughout most of high school gave him faster reactions.

Rocky followed after me and slammed into me, his arm becoming steel as he pressed it against my neck, just barely cutting off my ability to breathe. The items in my bag bit into my back and I whimpered.

My instincts kept screaming at me.

Get away! Get away! Get away!

I thrashed and kicked out but he was too strong and he knew how to block me. I couldn't even hit him in his man bits like in Nathan's quick lessons.

He never mentioned what to do if I were trapped. He focused on hitting fast and getting away. I couldn't get away like this.

I didn't know what to do.

"Don't cry, Sang," Rocky whispered.

I didn't even know I was.

"I'll make it fast."

I shook my head. "No, please," I croaked out.

He shook his head and I really did see regret in his expression. But I knew about the world he played in. If he didn't get back at me, his competitors would view him as weak and destroy him.