Chapter 111

4.2k words for your enjoyment. Thank you for your patience. This chapter needed a little more time to get just right, but I'm super happy with it.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Once I was able to calm down, we went over to the cart to see what they left us to eat. There was salad, chicken, and some mashed potatoes. We ate silently, lost in our own thoughts, and Victor had whispered to me that the room was most likely bugged. We wouldn't be able to do any kind of planning in here to escape.

I crawled into bed and patted the spot next to me. Victor's eyes widened at my suggestion and I smiled.

"Please," I said. He understood what I was saying. I needed him. I needed reassurance. And he needed it too. We were both trapped here with only the unknown stretched out before us.

He crawled in next to me and we faced each other. I inched closer to him, until I could feel his body heat and allowed the scent and warmth of him to lull me into a sense of security.

"I'm going to fight this," Victor said and I met his blazing eyes. "I'm not going to allow them to hurt you."

I licked my lips. "Then they'll hurt you."

He shook his head. "They won't touch me." I stared at him, not sure what he meant.

"Sang." He sighed my name. "My family...they're wealthy, and I hate to say this, but they have a lot of pull. If they hurt me, it's social suicide, and Vulcan's image is very important to him. He can't hurt me."

"And Luke? Gabriel? Marc? Kota? All the others? Are the safe the way you are?"

He didn't answer me and I nodded. "You may be safe, they may not hurt you, but the others aren't. And Tent City. I know what the city thinks of that place. It's trash city to them, it's full of scum in the eyes of Charleston. The mayor would love to tear it down. But that's home to hundreds of homeless people. It's a safe place on the street. The homeless shelters, the alleys, people die there. Females get raped, kids get taken advantage. That's how they'll get into drugs. That's where we disappear. Tent City can't be torn down, but he has the power to do that. You can't protect all those people." I pointed to his chest. "I don't know much about you, Victor Morgan. I know with the way you carry yourself, with the price tag attached to your clothes and your watch, that you have money. But that just means you're safe. At least in theory, you should be. But the others aren't." Tears fell down my face and I let them. "They don't have money or connections to keep them safe."

"Sang," Victor said and my chest tightened because now, the hopelessness I was feeling was seeping into him. He was finally understanding the picture.

The door flew open and we both popped up on the bed.

Vulcan came into the room with a group of men and a couple of women. He smiled as he glanced to a leggy blonde.

"Get her ready," he said.

"You're not touching her," Victor said, kneeling in front of me on the bed.

"Move him," Vulcan said and three guys came at us. I let out a squeak as they grabbed Victor and yanked him off the bed. He was slammed to the floor with a grunt.

"Victor!" I crawled toward him, but someone grabbed my leg and yanked me hard. "Let me go!" I said and kicked out, connecting with the man who held me. He grunted and let go. I made it over the floor and to Victor. I tried shoving the man on top of him off, but he was too big. "Get off him," I snapped, my heart thudding hard.

"Sang," Victor grunted out and his expression twisted with pain when the man shifted, digging his knee into Victor's back.

Arms grabbed me, their grip steel around my arms. I was pulled away.
"Let her go," Victor yelled out.