Chapter 58

I did it, AcademyPrincess Now to bed, night!!!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Inside the police station was sterile. Plain walls with plaques of those who won awards or for memorials, the floors were linoleum, a boring grey. Off to the side was a metal detector for visitors to walk through. A large desk stood just before the metal detectors with a couple of people standing there, in their police uniforms.

Axel and Owen ignored the front desk and the people there ignored us after a cursory look. We went over to the metal detectors. Owen went first, emptying his pockets of his wallet, phone, and keys. Axel motioned for me to go next and I did, handing my bag over to the officer before walking through. The officer searched my bag before handing it back to me.

Axel went next, grinning at the officer. He handed over his wallet, phone, a set of keys, and he kneeled down to his ankle to pull out a...gun. My eyes widened as I looked at the gun. The police officer narrowed his eyes before Axel pulled out a sheet of paper handing it over to the police officer. The police officer opened it, grunted something, and let him through. Axel gave me an amused smile as he walked through and collected his things.

"Come on," he said and we went further into the police station, down a couple of hallways, our feet clacking against more linoleum floors with the fluorescent lights buzzing. This place was a maze.

A police officer stood at a door and we stopped there.

"About time," the man grumbled.

Owen didn't say anything and opened his suit jacket and pulled out paper from an inside pocket. The man grabbed the piece of paper, opened it, and then pointed us towards a door.

Owen opened the door for me and I went inside with Axel at me back.

Another man stood in the room. He was middle-aged, with cold dark eyes. He stood just at the same height as Owen and would probably be considered handsome if it weren't for the cruelty etched in his face.

"She hasn't said a single fucking word," he said, his eyes flickering over me and dismissing me just as quickly as he focused on Owen and Axel.

"She'll talk now," Axel said and crossed his arms. He turned to face the large one-way window.

The man snorted. "She better because we're getting impatient here and I can't keep 'em back forever. They want a piece of her too. A whole lot of people want a piece of her."

"She will talk," Owen said, so sure. He dismissed the man and turned to the window. I stepped up between the two of them and looked into the room.

The room was small, just big enough to fit a table and three chairs. A woman sat on one side with two empty chairs across from her.

Jackeline Evers.

She looked to be in her fifties, her blonde hair bobbed around her face, falling short of her shoulders. Not a strand was out of place. She was well put together for someone who has been in jail for nearly a week now. Wrinkles lined the corners of her light brown eyes, liked she used to laugh a lot. Her pale lips were pressed together, her back straight as she sat there and waited. You'd think she was just waiting for an old friend to show up with the way she acted. She didn't seem nervous or worried. She looked like she didn't care.

I gritted my teeth and my hands fisted at my sides. She looked so innocent, nothing like a monster should look like.

A hand touched my hand and I stiffened, knowing it was Axel. His finger curled around my pinky and he pried it away from the fist it was curled into. I yanked my hand away from him, not wanting him touching me.