Chapter 70

Bam! A chapter! I only did light research so for those who know Hampton Park, just remember it's a fiction story. Enjoy and thank you for your patience!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Marc and Gabriel had their heads together as we walked, discussing something they weren't planning on sharing with me anytime soon.

Luke walked next to me, smiling wide, and whatever they had planned with me was definitely going to get me into trouble.

"Are you going to tell me yet?" I asked.

Luke chuckled. "Nope."

Two minutes later, I asked again. "How about now? Can I know now?"

He laughed and shook his head, not bothering to answer me. We were walking for quite a bit now and I couldn't figure out where exactly we were going. We slowly made our way up Rutledge Ave until Marc had us veering left. Another few minutes and we were at Hampton Park.

"What are we doing here?" I asked. There seemed to be more people here than normal and I guessed there was some kind of event going on.

Marc turned to me with a grin. "I signed us up for a scavenger hunt," he said.

"Scavenger hunt?"

He nodded enthusiastically. "It's a race to find all the clues and put them together for the grand prize of a—drum roll please." Luke made a sound that did come off as a drum roll. "Camping gear!"

I giggled at their excitement. "Alright, I'm game," I said, feeling the rise in my competitive nature.

We got there in time to register, Marc paying the small registration fee for our team. Gabriel had given us the team name Trouble's Stooges, referring to Marc, Luke, and himself as the three Stooges and apparently they were mine. I smiled at that but didn't comment because them being mine sounded a little too good.

We gathered around a small stage, where the mayor of our fine city stood. He was a stout man with thinning hair already grey and a mustache over his thin lips. His dark eyes looked out at everyone with happiness, he truly looked happy to be up there.

"Family, friends, and visitors, thank you for joining us," he said and commenced to give a speech. All the proceeds for this event were being donated to the local children's hospital to help provide patients with the proper treatments without families having to go broke doing it. That made me happy and even more excited to be taking part in this event.

He went over the rules, how we had three hours to explore the park, searching for different items. Some items were simply listed, others on the list were a riddle to be deciphered. We were to take pictures of our group members with the items when we found them and some items we were to collect. We couldn't move any non-collectable items and this was all in fun so no sabotaging other teams or stealing. The idea was to find the most items at the end for points, and the team with the most points won.

He lifted an air horn and I covered my ears just before it made the loud obnoxious noise. People cheered and began sprinting away.

I turned to my teammates and looked down at the sheet given to us with the list on it.

There were easy things, like taking pictures of your team at specific locations, or with certain animal, like a duck, geese, squirrel, dog, and apparently someone volunteered their monkey and if we found it and got a picture, it was a lot of extra points. Like you're going to win extra points. That would be the hardest.

"Luke, you're on monkey duty," I called out. "If you spot it, let us know. I'm sure between the two of us, we can corner the thing and get a picture."