Chapter 84

Phew...I was editing this and began wondering what I was on with how badly it was written. I fixed it up though so enjoy! It's intense!!

***

**| North's POV |**

I finished helping the old man get his tent fixed and he thanked me enthusiastically, making me uncomfortable. When he finally let me go, I went over to the makeshift campsite where all the kids were still sitting and overdosing on sugar.

The only saving grace to this was that Sang seemed to pass on the sugar high. I scanned the kids, taking in their faces and froze when I noticed the spot Sang should have been sitting along with the little girl who attached herself to her. Neither of them were there. All that was left behind was her bag and I was pretty damn sure I saw Sang tuck her cellphone in her bag too.

"Where's Sang?" I asked Gypsy.

She looked up, a stick in her hand as she weaved another cinnamon roll through it. She frowned and glanced at the spot Sang Baby should have been sitting but wasn't. That girl needed to learn to sit still.

"Sang took Bray to go use the bathroom," she said and pointed off in a direction. She looked thoughtful for a moment. "She should be back any moment."

"Where are the bathrooms?" I asked, not remembering anything about bathrooms set up here.

"A row of white tents on the outskirts," Gypsy said.

I nodded and stalked off, not wanting to wait for Sang to come back. I didn't want to risk it with the psychopaths who seemed to be surrounding her. I dodged the tents, my pace picking up. I needed eyes on her. Now.

The tents became further apart until they cleared and then I could see a line of white tents off a bit further. I eyed them, trying to spot Sang. I didn't see her. I didn't see anyone. Warning bells went off and I sprinted across the small field, my head whipping side to side as I tried to find some kind of movement.

The sound of a little girl crying out drew my attention and I looked over to see a dark grey van and a group of people, including a little girl. I saw a flash of blonde hair.

Sang!

I sprinted and the closer I got the more sure I became of seeing Sang.

And a man was lifting her up.

"Sang!" I bellowed as I grabbed my phone, not willing to break my stride. I didn't have to look to find the mass red app Corey had recently installed on our phones to alert everyone.

Heads whipped about to look at me, one of them with long raven black hair. Another woman. She snapped out something before climbing into the passenger seat of the van.

Forty feet. Too fucking far. I pushed myself harder, using all the strength I had to get to that fucking van.

Everyone scrambled, someone swooping down to grab Bray.

Twenty feet.

I pushed hard to get to them. I ignored the screaming of my body, telling me to give it a rest.

Ten feet.

She screamed again as they dove into the side of the van and the door slid closed.

I slammed into the van, reaching for the handle just as it screeched away.

I desperately tried to hold.

So fucking hard.

But then my stupid fingers slipped from the handle and I fell to the ground.