Chapter 27

A nice longer chapter for you. Enjoy! I definitely enjoyed writing it.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

"So you hand over your money and he lets you fill a crate up with supplies?" Luke asked.

I nodded. "I can get anything I want. Clothes, food, medicine, bedding, toys, whatever is in the warehouse."

"That's pretty fuuudging awesome," Gabriel fumbled.

"It is pretty great," I grinned.

I had noticed he was swearing less now or stopping himself but it was a struggle for him and he still slipped. I didn't want him to stop swearing all together, it was part of his personality, but he could do with toning it down a little.

"Tryst used to live on the streets a few years back, before I did. He's one of the good ones, managed to get out by getting a job at the warehouse and now he's a manager. The boss knows he does it but by allowing him to do it, his boss gets to feel good about himself, thinking the loss is good for making his company come off as charitable. He's able to tell people he donates supplies each week to the homeless."

My explanation grew bitter at the end but the boys were kind enough not to say anything.

I've met the boss before. He was a slime ball with roaming hands. I spun the deal with Tryst in a way to make his boss look honorable and kind, and his boss loved my explanation and allowed us to continue.

We came up to the warehouse where Tryst was already waiting. I gave him everything I had which wasn't much this week. The tips weren't good at Savory on Friday.

He counted and nodded, lifting the garage door up and letting us in. The crate was already there, waiting to be filled with the smaller box next to it.

"Holy sh-shoot," Gabriel said and glared at Luke when he laughed at him.

"Come one. This week we need to get supplies for hygiene. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, razors, brushes, combs, toothbrushes, toothpaste. We also need more sleeping bags, flashlights, and canned foods. Any clothes you can find. Socks. Socks are always important." I pulled out a list one of the ladies at Tent City gave me. "Also five pairs of shoes, baby size 0, 3, 7, and kids size 1 and 3."

"People put in requests?" Luke asked.

"They have to put the request in to the ladies I drop the food off with at Tent City and then they give it to me. Otherwise, we would be bombarded with requests and many of them, they don't necessarily need, it's just their greed rising. The ladies act as a filter and I get what I can."

Gabriel grabbed the piece of paper. "I'll get these, Marc focus on the canned goods."

Luke pouted. "I can do that."

Gabriel laughed and shook his head. "No. They don't need to be given junk food. Marc can find them healthy balanced foods. You can go get the hygienic shit."

"Make sure the shampoo is the two in one," I said and Luke nodded before disappearing deeper into the warehouse.

Marc glanced around the warehouse before disappearing behind some racks.

"I'm going to go get the blankets and flashlights," I said and went in search for them.

With the boys helping we managed to gather everything quickly. I smiled as I watched Gabriel use his critical eye on the clothes and shoes, making sure they were up to his standards before he carefully packed them away. They were more organized in the way that they packed the crate and managed to fit more than I ever could into it.