Chapter 116

There's going to be mistakes in this. I don't have the patience to edit anything right now. Enjoy and thank you for all the lovely votes and comments. You guys are amazing readers.

***

**| Victor's POV |**

I stared at the report Mr. Blackbourne just shared with us and clenched my fists. We were so close and now we were facing uncertainty again. Sang's father was an asset, but there was a chance it wouldn't be enough. Vulcan has always been careful with everyone and now it was paying off as the police tried to collect enough evidence to not only arrest him, but to put him in prison and keep him there.

"Are you saying it isn't enough?" I asked, looking up at Owen. The strain of the last few days was now weighing on him. His eyes weren't as clear as they would be, though I'm sure all our eyes were the same, with the dullness to them from going on no sleep.

We got to the small cabin in the middle of the night, there wasn't much space here. Sang currently had her own room and the rest of us shared the other two bedrooms and the living room. We wouldn't be able to stay here long if we wanted to stay sane. At least we had the dining room to spread out and work, otherwise, this would have become very uncomfortable.

"Yes, Victor, there is a chance that he'll be able to walk with the information they managed to gather so far. They can arrest him now, and there is enough to put him as a flight risk, so no bail, but there isn't enough to make sure he goes to prison. He could get himself out of it at this point," Owen explained.

Axel sat down next to Corey and glanced at the screen briefly before looking at me. "We need to find an in, a way to get access to him."

"His security is good," Corey said. "I can't get in. I'll need more time than we have. The longer we wait for the arrest, the better chance he has of getting away and getting rid of evidence."

Owen nodded. "Game's over the moment he knows we are closing in on him Right now, he still doesn't know. He just wants to find Sang."

I snorted. No way was that bastard getting Sang. Not here. This place didn't have a connection to the Academy or to anyone in our family. As far as anyone knows, an elderly couple of fifty years were renting this place out for a while to enjoy their anniversary. And it was true. Of course, they weren't here, they were currently enjoying an all inclusive trip to the Bahamas with the help of the Academy and Corey to cover up all the tracks.

"We can't let that happen," I said, trying to hide the rage flowing through me.

"Calm down," Owen said and I glared at the table top, trying to reign it in. I was mad at everyone, especially myself. Vulcan shouldn't have been able to get to Sang, and yet he did it so easily, and managed to make it so others took the fall.

I kept seeing her fear when she came back, the paleness of her skin, the dullness in her eyes, the devastation in the shaking of her body. I never felt so defenseless until they took her out of my sight and well after they returned her.

I had to make sure she stayed safe, especially now. She was at the edge. She just needed one more thing to go wrong and she just might shatter. And to make it worse, we weren't exactly in a position to fix her. We'd try, but she hasn't completely opened herself up to us, not enough so that we could fix her. She was close, but if things went south, she'd never reach that point.

I wanted to fix her, but I didn't understand how. I understood computer codes, cameras, security, but not the way Sang thought. She always surprised me with the things she'd said and done. She has repeatedly gone beyond my expectations. She didn't back down, she kept pushing and fighting.