Chapter 83

**| Sang's POV |**

I was currently trying to stand my ground against the all Mr. Powerful North Taylor. We were in the kitchen, Ailee and Gabriel leaning over the counter, watching intently with wide eyes as we went back and forth.

"No," he said.

"Yes," I snapped back.

"It's dangerous and there's no point for you to be working where old sleazebags want to put their grubby hands on you."

"I hadn't had any problems like that. No one has tried to touch me while I worked."

"But they want to," he muttered, glowering even harder if that were possible.

I let out a frustrated huff of breath. "How am I supposed to lure Volto out if you won't let me go out in public?"

"We let you out!"

"Don't yell!"

"Then listen to me!"

"I will when you start acting like a person and not some jailor."

"Okay, time out," Ailee said and we both turned to face them. At some point they managed to get a bag of chips and Gabriel was diligently munching on them as he watched us. "You guys are doing this all wrong," she said, shaking her head.

Gabriel nodded in agreement before crunching a chip in his mouth.

"You need to compromise. Give a little to gain a little, ya know?" Ailee went on.

"Just spill it," I sighed.

"Sang doesn't go work at Savory," she held up her finger before I could even open my mouth. "But that means you need to go be productive at Tent City. Sang works so she can contribute to Tent City. You're trying to take that away from her. So go to Tent City, check in, and help around." Her eyes trailed down and then back up North's frame. "I'm sure a big strong man like you will easily be able to help."

North's jaw clenched and he glanced at me before looking back at Ailee.

"Fine," he tossed his arms up in the air. "I'll take her to Tent City for a few hours. It's better than working at that damn bar late at night."

Ailee clapped her hands together. "Great!" she said. "I didn't like her working there either."

I sighed, knowing with Ailee on North's side, this was the only solution.

"Get ready, we are leaving in twenty," he grumbled before stomping out of the room.

"That was awesome," Gabriel finally said with a wide grin.

"North needs to learn not to yell," I grumbled. I hated yelling.

"Aw, that's just how he is. He doesn't mean anything by it. I would worry if he didn't yell or say anything at all," Gabriel said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When he first came to the states from overseas, he didn't speak to anyone. If he's not speaking, take it as a sign that he doesn't care about you. When he's yelling," Gabriel snickered, "Then the man cares. A lot."

I nodded in understanding before going up to my room to get ready.

When I came back downstairs, North was already waiting for me. He wore a tight black t-shirt that hugged his large frame and dark jeans with big clunky work boots.

"Come on," he grunted before turning and stalking out of the room.

Gabriel poked his head out of the door leading into the living room and gave me a wide grin. "Ignore his grumpiness, he just gets like that when he doesn't get what he wants."