Chapter 95

Finally, a completed update! Time to get things moving towards the ending. Enjoy and let me know what you think! Thank you for being patient.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Tuesday morning, instead of heading out to Orange Docks, I cornered Axel and Owen while they were discussing something. I didn't care. I was tired of just hiding and something needed to change. I couldn't just keep going like this. That and I didn't think they'd let me leave the house today. They were still always just there, making sure I was okay since the abduction. I worried they weren't going to let me do this, but my heart told me I needed to.

I hid from my father for years now. And now, on top of that, I was supposed to hide from Volto. No. Just no.

The two 'leaders' were in the library, sitting at a table, whispering together. The moment I came into the room, they stopped and stared at me. I wanted to falter, to just melt away and slip back out the room. Instead, I straightened my spine and made sure to look the two of them in the eyes. I couldn't back down. Even my stiff body worked with me to show confidence I didn't feel. I pushed away the aches and focused on Axel and Owen.

"Sang?" Axel said, breaking the tension growing between the three of us. "What's wrong?"

I licked my lips and noted the way Axel followed the movement. My cheeks heated a bit before I pushed the feelings away. All the boys were doing funny things to me and the accidental kiss with Corey wasn't helping. It peaked my interested. At the same time, my stomach curled into itself as Raven's words kept whispering in my ear.

Hussy.

At least the word wasn't in his voice anymore but in my stepmother's. That only made it slightly better though.

I blew out a breath, clearing my thoughts before my head went into the gutter and I made a fool of myself.

"I want to meet my father," I said.

"Why?" Owen asked.

"Because I haven't talked to him two years. He wants something and he's determined to find me. I don't want to keep like this." I motioned to the room. "I've been hiding for two years now and I'm tired. I want to be able to walk outside with my head held high, not looking down to go unnoticed. You guys helped me with this."

"If this is what you want, we'll set it up," Axel said. "We don't want you feeling like this."

"Thank you."

Axel and Owen shared a couple of looks and I couldn't help myself, between the relief of having support, the release of the stress on my shoulders, and the amusement I felt every time they did this, I pulled a face. I blew out my cheeks, crossed my eyes and raised my eyebrows.

When I finished, the two of them were looking at me like I just jumped through a hoop lit on fire.

"What?" I asked, trying to look innocent. "I was just trying to be part of the conversation."

They stared at me for a beat longer before Axel chuckled and Owen smiled at me. Seeing the two of them like that left me breathless. Why didn't they smile more often? They looked their age instead of commanding officers in the military.

Axel came over and bent down, kissing my forehead. "You're too cute, Sang," he said against my skin before pulling away and going by.

"Come on, Miss Sang, let's go talk to the boys. We'll help you come up with a plan. Unless you plan to just go knock on his door?"

I shook my head. "I'm not that crazy," I said.

He smiled again and rested his hand on my lower back as we headed to the living room. Axel had his phone pulled out, no doubt calling everyone in for a meeting.