Chapter 9

Here is update number 2!! Thank you for all your comments and support. They mean a lot to me.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

In the morning, I woke up, tired from the little bit of sleep I did get. I haven't had a full night's sleep in a while. I'm always paranoid of waking up to see some stranger over me, ready to hurt me. Or to wake up in a new place.

I pushed back the aches of being curled up for so long, gathered all my things, and stood up, stretching out my muscles.

Today was Sunday.

I adored Sundays. It was the only day I felt normal.

I took my money, quickly counting it. A little less than a hundred dollars. It would be enough.

I went to a warehouse where an older man was waiting.

"Didn't think you'd of come today," he said.

I smiled at him. "I would never miss this," I said.

"How much ya got?"

I handed over most of the money. He counted the cash and nodded. "Same rule as always."

"Thanks, Tryst," I said with a wide grin.

He just grunted and waited at the entrance while I went shopping. I went straight for where the clothes were, filling half of the crate up with clothes and sleeping bags. The temperatures would begin to drop soon and we needed some protection against the cool night air, especially when October hit.

I found the non-perishable foods and loaded the crate up most of the way with that. It included bottled water, juice boxes, granola bars, raisins, cookies, pop tarts, fruit snacks, peanut butter crackers, cheese crackers, jerky, trail mix, nuts, fruit cups, pudding cups, instant soups, instant oatmeal packets, and whatever else I could find.

Then the last section I made sure to visit was the medical supplies. I stocked up the rest of the large crate with bandages, disinfectants, different medications, careful to stay away from ones that gave them highs. I wasn't going to support drug addiction. I definitely got Tylenol and Aleve. Tryst gave me a smaller box that I could carry with me and I put the more dangerous drugs in it. When I say dangerous, I mean ones the drug addicts would steal. I filled it with cough medicine, cold medicines, and pain relievers. I handed those over to someone I trusted to hand them out carefully, aware of who to keep them away from.

"Thanks, Tryst," I called out, waving to him as I left.

He grunted in acknowledgement as he closed up and began using a lift to move the large crate to the back of his truck where he would then drive to the park. The crate stayed on the truck as supplies were handed out by the volunteers who bothered to show up.

I was humming to myself as I went back to the park where I left the boys.

When I got there, I could tell they weren't happy.

"You left us again," Luke said, looking hurt.

I opened my mouth but then closed it. I didn't really have an answer for them.

"Where did you go?" Marc asked.

My eyes flickered to his, taking note of the command in his voice.

"Doesn't matter. I showed you a place to stay that is safe and then went to my own. I didn't go far," I said, licking my dry lips. I was thirsty.

"You should have stayed with us. Something could have happened to you."

My eyes snapped to Gabriel and anger swelled inside me.