CHAPTER 3

"What do you mean I am getting bullied?" Jung kook retorted, trying to act blur. " I-I am not!"

"You are not serious... c'mon! Spill it already! Don't think that I am an idiot! I just saw you getting picked on in an alleyway! They can't be more... mainstream than that!" Taehyung complained, moving his hands around as he spoke. "Are you hiding things from people who care about you?"

Jung kook furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed a cushion from the sofa. He hugged it close, pressing it on his chest and squeezing it with his arms. He buried his face into the soft material, trying to think properly. He just wanted to vent, let everything go, just tell Taehyung how he felt about all this crap that had happened in his life. Jung kook wanted someone to depend on after being by himself for so long, he just want someone to lis-

"You are right. I am getting bullied." Jung kook gave in, breaking the thick silence around them. Taehyung looked up from his legs and shifted closer to Jung kook. His brown eyes looking at Jung kook's soft looking hair. "You're right... I am hiding things..."

Jung kook's voice sounded so strangled when he spoke. Taehyung had to fight the urge to hug him close and comfort him, whisper encouraging words in his ear and stroke his hair slowly. 

"They pick on me... they pick on me because I am an easy target. I don't defend myself, I don't speak in school, I ... I don't have friends in school at all!" Jung kook explained, sobbing into the pillow. He avoided something that Taehyung could not make out, Jung kook was choosing his words carefully, trying not to open up to the spirit. 

"You are hiding something from me... you were stuttering." Taehyung pressed on, balling up his fists beside his legs. " 

"Iamgay." Jung kook replied so quickly, the words became a sentence.

"What? Excuse me?" 

"I said... I. Am. Gay." Jung kook deadpanned. "Must you really pretend you didn't catch it the first time?! Or you did that just to humiliate me like everyone else?!"

Taehyung shook his head, keeping his eyes at Jung kook. He sighed and scooted closer to Jung kook, extending his hand to give Jung kook's shoulder a comforting squeeze. But the raven-haired boy was still frustrated, thinking that Taehyung would leave because of his sexuality. He still had tears running down his cheeks and falling onto the pillow. The boy stuffed the pillow into his face, muffling the broken sobs, but his shoulders were shaking feverishly.

"I don't want to leave. I...I want to help you." 

"Why aren't you beating me up? Why aren't you thinking that I am some... some weird person?" Jung kook asked, looking up from the cushion he had been squishing the living hell out of. 

The spirit took Jung kook hands and smiled.

"I don't think you are a monster. I just think of you as a normal human who saved my life. And in return, I would be your guard until you die... or until I disappear." Taehyung whispered.

Jung kook cracked a smile, wiping the tears away with the back of his hand. He released the pillow and threw his arms around Taehyung's shoulder, giving the spirit a friendly hug. The boy buried his nose into the crook of the spirit's neck, and the brunette hugged back, wrapping his arms around Jung kook's waist.

"Thank you."

Jung kook pulled away, his cheeks were burning. He could feel the blood rushing to his cheeks and turning red as he turned away from Taehyung to recollect himself. The room fell into total silence once again as the two sat close together, thinking about two totally different things. Jung kook thinks about acceptance while Taehyung... Taehyung thought of a touchy subject for spirits...

Love.

He didn't know why , he was already infatuated by Jung kook. He already fallen too deep even though it was just a few hours into knowing each other. Taehyung's heart was beating a mile per second as he stole a cheeky glance at the boy sitting beside him. 

Spirits shouldn't fall in love, they would get too attached, as spirits linger on earth for centuries and when their lover dies and they would grief for a long time. They would wreck havoc on earth, scare the humans. And spirit hunters would be deployed and to hunt them down and throw them into limbo, a cell, a nightmare to hold the spirits.

When spirits say the three words "I love you", they would disappear and be thrown into limbo, where they would wander endlessly and without a goal.  When spirits disappear, all traces of him or her would be wiped away from the world, even their lover wouldn't remember their name, as if they didn't exist at all. Only the significant other could say the three powerful words. And once the other did, the spirits would be human again, they would be back to their normal lives and love happily ever after.

Easy right?

Wrong.

You are so absolutely wrong.

Spirits hunters were getting deployed everywhere to capture spirits daily as there were too many roaming around, mingling with humans and possessing them to do their own bidding. Taehyung would be captured soon, he was already on the run before Jung kook found him in the river. He was trying to hide under the bridge when the spirit hunters sought him out. Taehyung fell into the waters when his hand slipped from the wet metal supports. 

You could say that Taehyung was a fugitive. But let's not put it that way. 

The brunette didn't realize he was drifting off until Jung kook snapped his fingers in between Taehyung's eyes. The spirit shook his head and blinked a few times, getting the train of thoughts out of his mind and looking up at Jung kook with a dopey smile. 

"What is it?"

"I thought you blacked out, I've been calling for you for about a minute. " Jung kook said, pinching Taehyung's nose as to tease him a little. " I am getting up to shower and clean up. Do you need to do that?" 

"No. I don't. But I have to get a body sooner or later to get along with you better. I will meet you back at 9 o'clock at night. Gotta blast." Taehyung whistled, standing up. 

"Bye bye." 

Yo. 

This is still a shite chapter.  I am still quite sick and my brain could not function properly, it is still blank and school just started today in Singapore time. So... if updates are slower afterwards , I am so sorry. 

I swear there would something more the next chapter. Please do not kill me. 

THE BOY WHO DROWNED (VKOOK)// COMPLETEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara