CHAPTER 48

Jung kook was roaming around in the dark. He felt cold, he could not hear anything but his own heart beat and the blood rushing through his head. He stretched out his arms and tried to feel his way through the darkness. But he could not feel anything, it was just thin air.

Jung kook opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. It was as if he lost his ability to voice out anything. He gave up trying to move around in the dark with his hands and decided to find his way out with his own body. He ran straight ahead, crashing into what seemed like a soft fabric. His hands grabbed onto it tightly, and he began pulling on the fabric. Trying his very best to pull it and rip it apart. However, not matter how much force he exerts, the fabric just re-attaches itself back to normal. There was no tear at all.

He took a quick step back and rammed his shoulder into the wall. Once soft, fabric-like wall turns into concrete, hurting his shoulder a little.

    Damn...

"Why are you here?" Someone asked.

"I thought you died." He continued. "I guess, he brought you back in exchange of his own memory."

Jung kook turned around, his eyes shifting constantly. He could hear the voice so clearly, yet who was the owner of that voice. Jung kook was pretty sure he was all alone in this weird black box... Was it his conscience talking? Was he going mad? A figure formed from the shadows, it was not technically a figure, more of a crane with a blue tip on its feathers. It carried itself with dignity, however, it seems to sneer and Jung kook whenever the human wanted to make a move.

"Don't come any closer. You disgust me if it's not because of Jisoo I might as well kill you in your sleep." The voice spoke again, but the crane did not move its beak. Jung kook can solely confirm that the voice came from the bird. Every time it grooms its feathers, it would always send a chill down Jung kook's spine. "Why are you looking at me like that? Are you trying to demand me for answers?"

Jung kook shook his head furiously. He was heavily relying on his actions to not get himself into trouble with the crane. It seemed powerful enough to crush him into a million pieces. He could imagine it himself, tiny little Jung kooks running away in terror as the crane picked them up with its beak.The scared boy just pushed that thought back into his messed up head and continued to follow the crane. The bird seemed to be annoyed, ruffling its feathers whenever it spots Jung kook lingering close, sometimes even squawking at him for opening his mouth, trying to speak up.

"You are irritating. It is a miracle that Jisoo can tolerate you. Heck, you are very special, coming back into the human world when you were technically disappearing from the face of the earth. Why can't you just get rid of yourself already?" The crane spoke. It bent lower, its neck going to its majestic wings The blue tips glowed a little, providing light to the place. The soft glow illuminated the black box. Jung kook held in a gasp, he could see silhouettes of spirits lingering around the area. Their heads were hung low, their bodies move very sluggishly. They had a sad expression on their faces as they roamed around the area aimlessly.

Jung kook looked around, using the glow to his own advantage. The spirits were everywhere, some were screaming until their vocal cords turn raw, some were clawing their way out and some were disintegrating.

"Spirits that were long lost and forgotten. They are thrown in here...Limbo." The Crane explained. When the crane talked, it transformed into a young man. Blonde hair that swept just at the tip of his head, pale skin, and blue eyes. He had the cold expression on his face and his eyes shot a glare at Jung kook. The dark haired male remembered that eyes that haunted him for very long. Those blue eyes that seemed to follow him everywhere he went.

"That's right. I know you would remember me." He said, turning to Jung kook. The younger flinched as his cold hairs grabbed his shoulders. "I am Yoon Jeonghan, the second oldest of the thirteen brothers."

Jung kook pushed him away.

    I... I don't remember you, much less know you.

    In fact, I don't know why am I here!

"If you are so desperate to find out who you are, why not let me show you. After all, you are the only person who dared to steal my wings." Jeonghan explained. He grabbed Jung kook by the shirt and brought it over the younger male's head. Jung kook squirmed as Jeonghan planted him on the ground and showed him his back. Jung kook turned around and only to see a sheet of ice and his back facing him. Jung kook noticed two ugly lines ran down his shoulder blades.

It was very unsightly, the lines were jagged, and it there were splatters of red all over his back. Jung kook tried to turn it with his hands but it burned whenever he tried to come close contact with it.

    It wasn't there before. I swear!

    What have you done to me?!

Jeonghan appeared behind the sheet of ice and smirked.

"That's the punishment you get when you messed with me, taking my wings back. I was furious and tried to kill you, but Taehyung... that kid! He protected you with all his life!" Jeonghan shouted.

Jung kook stared at Jeonghan in disbelief.

Taehyung? Kim Taehyung?

"You may have forgotten everything, but let me tell you this. Hong Jisoo and the rest was supposed to kill you under my orders! But Jisoo is the rightful heir and did not allow that! You! You pesky little sh*t decided to help Taehyung by giving up your humanity!" Jeonghan shouted, going up to Jung kook. "You committed suicide which breaks your ties with me and the rest of the spiritual world! It's all because you met Taehyung and saved him from drowning!"

Jung kook could not take it anymore and forced himself to wake up, forced himself to be convinced that it was all a bad dream.

His eyelids flew open and he bolted upright from a comfortable bed. He looked around, the velvet curtains fluttered in the soft wind and the tall trees outside rustled it's leaves. Jung kook rubbed his eyes, faintly remembering the encounter with Jeonghan in his dreams and ... Hong Jisoo.

Jung kook pulled away his covers and jumped out of the comfortable bed, regretting as he already missed the fluffiness and softness. The male went out of the room, only to be surrounded by purple mist in the hallway. The purple mist carried glitter and gemstone dust, he caught a certain angel summoning something from his palms, it glistened a little and there was a mysterious spark. Jung kook was curious, he tip toed towards the angel.

He had blonde hair with mint green highlights at the tip. He looked into a glass all, which was the source of the purple mist in the air. He saw images flashing in the call, sparks of purple and red. And there was a person in the able, wandering around, he had brown hair and dark colored eyes, tanned skin.

"Who is that?" Jung kook rubbed his eyes and looked at the glass ball again.

"It's sad... the lost soul wanders around... lost. Confused. Desperate." He heard the angel said. "They will never meet. With brother being a nuisance, they will never find each other. Unless we give them a little... push."

"Huh? What push?"

"This is getting on my nerves! Why won't they recognize each other?! Why are the rules so difficult ?! Why can't they just fall in love without doing anything rash?!"

"Fall in love?" Jung kook stuttered, bringing his hand to his forehead.