CHAPTER 14

Taehyung did Jung kook's hands, applying disinfectant and wrapping it up in an orderly fashion. Unlike Jung kook's crude bandaging, Taehyung actually paid attention to the white cloth, wrapping and folding them like a professional.

"You don't have to pay much attention to me. My hands aren't a problem."

"But watching you getting hurt is like hurting me too."

Taehyung successfully shut Jung kook's pretty mouth up. He was getting a headache from the younger boy, the self loathe, the pain and the sadness. Taehyung just wanted him to be happy, safe and carefree, but he was failing to do so. But Jung kook being the stubborn person of the two, doesn't like changing his ways and continued to pick at the folds of the bandages, scrunching up his nose as his fingers slipped away.

"귀여워." Taehyung commented.

Jung kook lowered his hands and tried to hide the blush he was having. He cheeks felt like a million degrees, too hot to touch.

"귀. 여. 워. "Taehyung teased again, this time, a smirk was stretched across his face. "It's true, your cuteness comes naturally."

"Shut up before I kick your corny butt away." Jung kook snapped, turning  away to look at the television although his heart warming up. No one had ever called him at any before, well except his mother. He resumed to picking on his hands, pulling on the fingers and dried skin.

It was then the doorbell went off. It rang once, the twice, then thrice. After that, the ringing became even more impatient, as if the person outside wanted to enter desperately. Jung kook got up and went to the door, looking through the peephole and saw his own mother, standing at the door, awaiting for his son to open the door.

But something about her was closer, her face was still the same, but the expression, the feeling from her eyes had changed. Her usual warm and caring face was ice cold, her eyes speckled with amber.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked, Jung kook was at the door for a awful long time. His hand grip on the handle became tighter as his 'mother' began forcing her way through. She wanted to force the heavy duty door open, but Jung kook wasn't going to let her.

"Someone is at the door." Jung kook replied after a minute. "Came to get you, I assume. Help me take the cupboard."

"Who is it?" Taehyung asked again, getting off the couch and going over to Jung kook, who summoned his borrowed element from Jeonghan and pressed his hands on the door, ice crept out from his hands like vines, and soon, the whole door was covered with a thick layer of ice. And that's when Taehyung carried the shoe cupboard and set it at the door, jamming it shut.

"My mother, or at least that's what it wants to think."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked, looking through the frozen over peep hole. He saw the burning eyes of Jung kook's mother, except he could also see Seungcheol at her shoulder. "Shit, Seungcheol." Taehyung cursed.

"What do we do?" Jung kook asked, bringing Taehyung to his room and locking the door in the process. He dragged out a suitcase under his bed and threw open the closet. Jung kook stuffed clothes into the open suitcase as he desperately muttered under his breath. His eyes blurring in the process and he saw specks of wet drops on the clothes.

"It's not safe here. We have to run. The town isn't safe here, they'll get you." Taehyung said, he went up to Jung kook who was zipping up his suitcase and bringing to the ground.

"Okay. But... but about Mom?!"

"I'll think of something, don't worry." Taehyung reassured. A little white lie wouldn't hurt right? Taehyung remembered the seven shadowmen who swore that they will protect the duo if Taehyung called on them. Taehyung just need to remember their names... he didn't want Mark though, the brunette found him very unsettling.

Who were the other two? Was it Carl? Dam? Yam? Johnny?

"Mark!" Taehyung settled for the cold faced, too silent man. At first, there was no reaction, only the sound of the banging door and ice cracking could be heard in the suspenseful air. A black mist swirled in front Taehyung, and when it melted away, Mark appeared in front of him. With his red haired glory.

"I suggest you not to call BamBam, yam. and dam .Or Jinyoung, Johnny and Carl." Mark retorted, in the sentence of his two fellow mates. "Now, why do you need me?"

"If you haven't realized, Choi freaking Seungcheol is on our tails and we need to hide. They are coming for Jung kook."

"And why do you care?" Mark asked, leaning down and smirking.

"Shut the f up and bring us somewhere safe!" Taehyung shouted, hands reaching out for Mark's collar, but his hands soaked through it like it in thin air. There was a loud smash outside and followed with fire crackling in the living room.

"She broke in! There's no time!" Jung kook yelled, rushing to the door and freezing it once again. "The door won't hold long either!"

"Mark! Please!" Taehyung begged.

The red head gritted his teeth.

"If I loose my title, I'll personally come to strangle you. Jung kook, loose the suitcase. You two assholes are coming with me." Mark spat. He looked around the room and and stomped his feet, a mass of blank ink spread from the soles of his combat boots and it soon reached Jung kook's legs and Taehyung's ankles. It wrapped around their bodies and pulled them down into a dark abyss.

Before Jung kook could disappear completely into the floorboards, he caught a glimpse of his room door bursting open, and his mother going into the room.

"Mom..."

That's not your mother.

That's my boyfriend, Choi Seungcheol.

~

Jung kook forced himself to open his eyes and the first thing he saw was the same black mass that swallowed him whole. Mark was leading the two, he walked past many doors, portals, Jung kook assumed. It glowed with powerful.

But Jung kook was scared, the black mass reminded him so much about his father. The dark times he had to face in his life. Jung kook instinctively went to reach out for Taehyung , but couldn't feel his touch nor presence. So he opened his mouth to speak.

"Don't talk. Managing a spiritual being is bad enough, I can't concentrate with keeping you together with you blabbing away." Mark said, his voice hoarse, it wasn't smooth like silk like before, but it sounded rough and gruff-like.

Jung kook quickly shuts his mouth and closed his eyes again, this time, trying to focus on something for pleasant and not death-like. The ink-like mass felt like cold milk running against his skin. But the temperature rose, and Jung kook could see that his vision was turning starch white.

The cold like feeling was gone, replacing it with a burning like sensation. His skin felt too hot, as if it was going to burn off any second now. He forced himself to open his eyes and the only thing he could see was white. The white accompanied by blue and pink streaks, it looked like boiling paint if that even made sense.

Soon the white faded and the Jung kook was deposited into another dimension.

The spirit dimension.

And he turned to looked around, trying to comprehend the terrain and also trying to prevent his brain from malfunctioning. But Jung kook only saw a pair of white wings.

A pair of seared off angel wings to be exact.