CHAPTER 28

Jung kook released his grip on Seungcheol's neck and stumbled backward. He felt that his back was being ripped open by a pair of hands.

"Shit..." he felt cold liquid running down his back. He touched his back, and saw blood left in his fingertips.

"You don't have much time. You either join us, give us your body to Jeonghan, or just... die." He said, standing up straight. He extended his hand behind him and Jeonghan appeared, his hair cut short, the long locks were gone, now his hair was dark as the night. Jung kook looked at him, who had some kind of frenzy in his eye.

"And why should I trust you?"

"Because you don't want to be one of us." Someone butted i!. It was the red head from before. The one that abused Seokjin till no end. "Say, don't you have Taehyung to care about? Isn't he your top priority? To protect? Why are you here?"

Jung kook was dumbfounded, he realized he came here on his own, not knowing anything, not knowing how to save himself. He arrived to the den of thirteen angels with no weapon, with no clear plan on how to talk to them. Jung kook just barged into their hideout.

Seungcheol smirked and barked out a loud laugh. He was mocking Jung kook, mocking how stupid he was. Minghao joined in, but was only a snicker, but enough to make the human's blood boil. He balled up his fists and gritted his teeth, he wrecked his brain to find an answer. Any answer that could save his sorry ass.

"I want you to leave Kim Taehyung alone." Jung kook said firmly.

"And why should we listen to you? You don't have the authority." Seungcheol said. "And even if we agreed. What will we get out of it?" The angel leaned against the stone wall, and his fire torch above him immediately sprung to life, flickering with a bright flame.

"You will get me. Play with me for all I care, you can do anything with me. Ju-just leave Taehyung alone." Jung kook replied, his heart swelling up, he didn't know what he was doing. He don't know what he would get out of it, what are the perks of getting chased by thirteen angels? He felt himself doing whatever his heart tells him to.

He wasn't trusting his own judgement anymore. In this situation, his brain was pretty much useless to him. He just want Taehyung to stop running.

"Deal." Seungcheol said. He agreed to it easily,his eyes darkening, as if the flame above his head had burnt away. He pushed himself off the wall and led Jung kook deeper into the hideout. He spotted Mingyu, the blue haired freak that Yugyeom stabbed. Jisoo that got kicked around and also... the god damned Minghao who was tending to everyone. Jisoo eyed at him dangerously, his eyes flaring up as he noticed Jung kook's stare.

The human has to tear his eyes away.

Seungcheol pushed open a huge door, revealing a light blue hue. Jung kook squinted his eyes, and noticed that the hue was a ball of energy, it buzzed with power. There were electricity crackling around it dangerously, it vibrated vigorously as Seungcheol approached it. But it shot out a ball of energy when Jung kook stepped into the premises of the room. Seungcheol caught it with his wing and it dissolved soon as it touched the feathers. It glowed brighter and Jung kook could feel the heat of it from a few feet away.

"There you go. Your answer to your problem. This will ensure that Taehyung will never be harmed again." Seungcheol said, reaching out to take it. He reached his hand to the pedestal, it shook as the angel grabbed the energy ball. Jung kook pressed himself against the wall. "Touch it, and your wishes will be granted."

Jung kook became hesitant. Upon closer inspection, he could make out a pair of eyes and a mouth. They were all melted into the blue hue, it looked like it was screaming, screaming for so long until its vocal chords broke. Jung kook reached his hand out, and its eyes and mouth became bigger.

It looked like warning.

Suengcheol lost his patience and grabbed Jung kook's hand and plunged it into the energy ball. The blue hue engulfed Jung kook's hand and electricity fired into his arm and travelled all over his body. Jung kook screamed and tried to pull his hand away, the energy seemed to be climbing slowly onto his arm, eating it away slowly.

Jung kook used his free hand and tried to slap the ankle away, but it captured it too. Jung kook felt it getting warmer and warmer by the second. It buzzed and shit another bolt of electricity. It hit Jung kook's gut and the human dropped to the ground. He was now face to face with Seungcheol, who smiled evilly, his lips stretching into a smile.

"Now your wings can be given to Jeonghan. And your humanity and be given to Taehyung. And you will be ours to hunt down." Suengcheol said.

"YOU LIED!" Jung kook forced out.

"Oh, I didn't lie. You said that we can do whatever we want to you. This is your own wish, and I am here to grant it for you." Suengcheol replied. "So I didn't lie."

Jung kook felt that his humanity was slowly sapping away and at first when his fingertips revealed itself from the blue orb, he was elated, but as soon as he noticed that his fingertips were see through, only a faint lining could be made out... he panicked.

He panicked.

He screamed.

He begged.

He pleaded.

He cried.

He saw red.

As the blue light tore down his form, he could felt his body getting lighter and lighter. It felt like air, Jung kook's sanity also seemed to be melting away second by second. He could loose his mind, he wasn't prepared for this outcome. His body writhed in total pain, the blue orb got to his legs and he could feel that the wings were being eaten away from his back. It was hurting ten times more than the time he was scissoring it off his own body. It felt like that fire was kicking on his bare skin. As soon as the faded away, the angels disappeared like a flash .

Jung kook could see blood on the ground, his arms and legs see through. He could hear his own heartbeat pounding in his ears, his own breathing in the room. The ground grew cold as his legs became numb, he shifted and used his arms, it felt like it was going to break  as soon as he put his body weight on it.

He reached out for the door and saw a figure dressed in white standing in front of him. His auburn colored hair reflected Mark's hair color. But he sprouted white wings behind his back, it wasn't Mark, it was one of the brothers.

"I pity you. I find your sense of protection very interesting. I cannot understand humans at all, they would sacrifice anything and everything just to make someone happy." He said. His voice, it was Jisoo.

He walked around the premises.

"Seeing you would do something like this to... to a spirit... I will help you, but only merely. I am here to help you in the presence of God. He will foresee everything, he knows everything, so I will not lie." Jisoo assured, siting on the pedestal where the ball of energy once stood. His shadow covered Jung kook completely, the human-now-turned-spirit     Felt even more cold in the presence of the angel who had claimed to come from the presence of God. But from all the bad things every other angel, Jisoo didn't do much and was just there, observing.

"H-ow do I-I k-know that y-you are not l-lying to m-me now?" Jung kook choked out.

"Because I am different than my brothers."

"I alrea-dy... h-have.. the shadowmen... "

"I sent them to protect you. They are under my ruling. They take orders from me." Jisoo explained.