CHAPTER 29

Taehyung was in a frenzy.

He had no idea where Jung kook went. All he was doing right then was jiggling the door knob, trying his best to force it open. He could hear breathing, but he could not identify who.

He was so close to busting the door open. Taehyung was going to kick it open when the knob clicked open and the door creaked open, the creaking felt like a mouse squeaking. Taehyung rushed in, pushing the stupid door open, , only to see Seokjin panting on the bed, a layer of sweat covering his body. 

He ripped off the blanket and saw blood spreading out on the bed sheets, Seokjin's hair was messy, his distinct side part was gone, but his lips were still filled with color.

"Seokjin!"

"Tuh-tae...?"

"Huh-hyung! Why are you here?! WHERE WERE YOU?!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Auh-angels. Juh-Jisoo. Juh-Jung kook." Seokjin panted.

Taehyung looked around and tried to find something useful. But he realized he has six men under his command.

"Mark!" Taehyung summoned. The shadowman emerged from the ground and was crouching on the ground, bowing his head.

"You called?"

"I need you help Seokjin. I need to find Jung kook."

Mark looked up and his eyes widened, he opened his mouth to spe but kept it shut when he thought about it.  He nodded his head and stood up, straightening his body.

Taehyung went out of the house. He saw Jung kook's mother, at the dining table, pondering hard. She balanced her chin on her palm and looked longingly at a picture on the table.  He cleared his throat and the woman's head snapped up, she failed at discreetly turning the picture over and Taehyung caught a glimpse of angels' wings.

"I am going to find Jung kook."

"Who?"

"Jeon Jung kook! Your son!?" Taehyung replied. "This is NOT funny, Mrs. Jeon. He is somewhere out there and I am going to bring him back to you! "

She looked confused as if the person Taehyung was talking about did not exist at all. "No, I don't remember having a Jeon Jung kook? What are you talking about, darling?" She looked at Taehyung with confused eyes.

"DARLING?! MRS. JEON! "Taehyung retorted.

"Oh my, you must have blacked out! You are my son!"

"WHAT?! I AM NOT YOUR SON! JUNG KOOK IS YOUR SON! NOT ME!"

Taehyung stormed off.

"SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER JUNG KOOK?! WHAT IS THIS?!" The brunette lamented, his hands waving around as he spoke. He didn't know where to start, maybe the school was a better place to do so? No... Jung kook would never go back there... The hideout.

The dimension.

Taehyung took off running.

Could it be?

He ran down the street and got to the small alleyway where it was located, trash bags were piled up high and rats were roaming around the crook and crannies of the walls. Taehyung skirted around the bags of trash and got to the wall. His hands finding the glyph embedded on the wall. But he could find any, it was as seemed that it was erased. He tried to light up his hand, willing the blue light to grow from his palms. But it didn't appear either. He tried harder, trying to force the power from his hand, even a small spark would be enough.