CHAPTER 40

Taehyung shifted in his seat, he was wondering why he had agreed on letting Jung kook stay with him whilst he was having dinner. The younger man just seemed so interested and excited to talk about many things.

"Look, Tae." Jung kook started off. "You have to tell me, I have been searching for his man for so long and I just couldn't make out who he actually is. Is all just so... so blurry."

Jung kook opened us his book and turned to his very first entry, and he had flipped Taehyung's one back to his first entry too. Jung kook got them to be placed side by side, the books rubbing at each other. Taehyung sat up straight, slightly more interested in whatever was being placed in front of him. He took a bite off his cookie and held it there as Jung kook start to speak again.

"You mentioned angels, shadowmen, and spirits that seemed unrealistic, even I proclaimed that it seemed so made up in my own entry. I clearly knew what was going on before I...before I had forgotten the details and my past. I knew a man, but I couldn't remember his name. I knew him, I loved him, I even opened up to him but... but why?"

Taehyung sat there and placed his cookies back onto the plate. He stared at Jung kook's trembling fingers that were placed at the sides of the book. He couldn't bear looking at the younger then, Taehyung knew that Jung kook would have a look of desperation and sadness etched on his face and also evident in his dark irises.

"I don't know Jung kook, I really don't know. I just feel that you... you just have to continue looking for that person." Taehyung said.

"But I can't, I can't anymore. I would be around in the city like god damn fugitive because of unaffordable rent! I don't have the energy to look for him... even if I really want him back." Jung kook replied, sliding down the table and burying his face in his arms.

Taehyung would seem like a total creep by saying this to a stranger who he barely knew but...

"How... how about you move in with me? I am pretty sure I can accommodate for you too." Taehyung smiled.

* TIME LE SKIPPEU *

"Stay here a second, I'm going to go grab some spare blankets from the hall closet."

Taehyung shuffled out of the room, leaving Jung kook behind. Taehyung opened a big trunk from the storage room and pulled out a bunch of bundled up blankets and lumbered back to his room. He almost tripped on the blankets as he could not really see where he was going, after a few bruises and bumps later, he finally got back to the room. He flung the blankets onto the ground and snatched a pillow off his own bed and placed it onto the ground.

Taehyung got to his closet and pulled out a thick blanket from the bottom of the closet, under all his jeans and folded tees.

"I'll make an extra bed on the floor. I'll try to make it as comfortable as I can so you can have a good nights sleep. Or I can sleep on the floor and you can take my bed? I don't mind. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I cannot get an apartment with two bedrooms.

"I'll sleep on the floor, it's okay. It's fine to share a room with you, Taehyung, I don't mind either." Jung kook replied, crouching down and unfolding his blanket and smoothing out his makeshift bed.

"No need to call me by full name, Tae is fine by me."

"Tae, I can get used to that."

Taehyung grinned at Jung kook and immediately flopped onto his bed, face planting into his pillow.

"You know, offering me a place to stay is... new to me."Jung kook whispered, Taehyung heard the rustle of the bedsheets and decided to turn to face Jung kook. " I mean after I woke up the first thing I saw was just people around me asking if I was doing fine and alright... but I feel so empty and deemed those words as fake. I feel that I don't like hanging around people. I am scared, introverted, I am scared of being bullied. I scared that no one would accept me and look at me like I am some kind of psychopath searching for someone that may or may not even exist."

Taehyung sat up on his bed, facing Jung kook who quickly grabbed the pillow from the corner and hugged it tightly, hiding his face in total embarrassment. Taehyung climbed out of bed and hugged Jung kook, bringing the younger's head down to his shoulders and stroking Jung kook's back to calm him down. Jung kook sobbed into Taehyung's shoulder and as the brunette continued rubbing comforting circles on the younger's back, he realized how hard his words had hit him.

It was pretty relatable, considering that Taehyung was also searching for someone that may or may not exist. Based on his journal entries, the person he was searching was a victim of many things and was close to being broken. The brunette bit his lip as the picture of the person's hands emerged in his mind. It looked very pretty but he claimed it to be too rough, too ugly for his liking.

Taehyung took hold of Jung kook's hands as played with it, another treatment for calming Jung kook down. Taehyung pulled on his fingers and played with it like a curious cat, Jung kook's hands were indeed very pretty, his fingers were long and seeing the veins on the back of his hands, Taehyung could tell that the younger was fairly strong.

The younger immediately retracted his hands once he realized that the brunette was playing with it.

"Don't look at them, they are ugly and unsightly." Jung kook whispered.

There it was.

The sentence that kept replaying in Taehyung's mind.

"Why not? Your hands are very pretty."

"No... they are rough looking, I don't like it... I hate it." Jung kook reasoned.

"That's now way to talk to yourself, you should love yourself no matter what. That's the most important." Taehyung reminded Jung kook, he felt like he was talking to a sad child, which was what Jung kook was that point in time. A lost child that could not seem to find his way back to his real home. Taehyung glanced at his alarm clock at the bedside table. The red numbers read 00 14. They two had been awake for too long and Taehyung wanted to head to bed and call it a day.

But the problem was, Jung kook had already fallen asleep in the brunette's warm arms. Taehyung stroked Jung kook's hair out of boredom, Jung kook peaceful when he slept, an occasional sigh or whimper might escape from his pink lips. Taehyung ran his finger through Jung kook's silky locks and the action seemed to allow Jung kook to sleep better. The young man snuggled into the crook of Taehyung's arm and he has his arms entangled with the white pillow.

Taehyung stared at Jung kook's hands for a while, his set of hands really did remind him of the person he was supposed to find.

Soon, Taehyung felt his eyelids droop... he slowly began to doze off as he felt extremely tired. He could just call in sick the next day. He shook his head to keep himself awake, or at least enough energy to tuck Jung kook in bed and climb into his bed sheets. However, his body betrayed him and Taehyung fell into a deep sleep with Jung kook in his arms.