CHAPTER 18

Jung kook cracks one eye open, and saw crystal bars surrounding his body. Actually, crystal shackles around his wrists and ankles. He was hung above the ground, his whole body suspended in mid air. He raced 13 thrones which was studded in rubies, emeralds and white crystals. One was placed forward a little, built slightly bigger than the others. On it placed two scepters, one was made from gold. The other made from silver.

Jung kook looked around again and saw 7 shadowmen positioned around him, in their hands were iron swords. Sharpened to its finest, they faced South, East, West and so on. But North was left empty. One glanced at Jung kook, the raven haired boy, recognized the red colored hair. The shadowman's shoulders shook and his hand trembled on the hilt of his sword.

"Mark?" He groaned out, trying to get the shadowman's attention. "Muh-Mark.."

The shadowman didn't turn around, but Jung kook know that his whisper had reached his ears. Mark sneaked a glance at Jung kook, but quickly turned around when he heard the flapping of wings. Jung kook tried to pull his hands free, but to no avail, the crystals were as hard as lead, unable to break with only sheer human force.

"Good job Junhui. I was starting to doubt you." Jung kook heard someone praise. The boy craned his neck to catch a glimpse of white feathers and humanoid figures. The younger prayed for his safety and well-being. He mumbled prayers and swallowed back his cry for help to the shadowman. He never knew that Mark worked for the angles, does that mean that Taehyung and Mark betrayed him all at once.

Maybe Taehyung was working along with the cruel angels all this time. Maybe the spirit was feeding him lies all this while.

More footstep was heard and the flapping of wings was also heard in the big room. A huge white feather floated down on him and landed on the ground below his feet.

A shadow could be seen of the ground, a tall man with two majestic wings. It towered over Jung kook, melting his shadows away easily with the added on wings and height. When the tied up boy looked up, he was met with brown eyes, warm and caring but at the same time, filled with curiosity. He had fiery red hair that seemed unnerving for such a young face.

"So you are Jung kook." He said teaching out to touch Jung kook's face, but the younger shook it away, and even growled at his face.

"Touch me and you'll be sorry." Jung kook managed out, though saying that with a. Tired face wasn't that intimidating.

"Oh, we'll see." The red head smiled cheerily.

"What kind of drugs you must be on to enjoy this?!" Jung kook asked.

"Oh, it's not for us. It's for dear brother Jeonghan."

Jeonghan...

Jung kook perked up and the red head flew to one of the thrones and sat down. Smiling eerily, the biggest throne was empty, it clearly belonged to someone important.

"Seungcheol isn't here to do proper judgement. But that doesn't mean I can't play with you a little." An icy cold voice said. "Lower him down!"

The shadowmen turned, and Jung kook could finally see Mark. They brandished thier swords and pointed at the boy hung above. The crystal shuddered and the sound fo machinery whirring to life could be heard. They walked in a circle, and Jung kook was being lowered down to the ground.

The air felt cold, it buzzed with power. Jung kook spotted the angel with striking blue hair, Jeonghan held the golden scepter and walked down the stairs. Jung kook feet dropped t the ground and the shackles realesed him. The human rubbed his swollen wrists. It was red and unpleasant looking, Jung kook unwrapped the dirty bandages and threw the bandage on the ground.

"You are pretty filthy. Littering and stealing. You are a thief." Jeonghan said, pointing Jung kook accusingly with the golden scepter.

"What did I steal?!" Jung kook roared, running towards Jeonghan and bringing his fist with him. He was a few steps away from the flightless angel when an arm worried his strike. He looked up and saw one of the shadowmen, dark blue hair and a tall build. " LET GO AND LET ME KILL HIM!"

"My duty is to protect. Not kill." The man said.

"WELL HE IS GOING TO KILL ME! THAT GOES AGAINST YOUR DUTY ISN'T IT?'l Jung kook shouted in the man's face. The shadowman flinched, he clearly was triggered and was rethinking about his duties and purpose. "MARK! YOU KNOW ME! YOU HELPED TAEHYUNG AND ME TO GET AWAY! DON'T YOU REMEMBER?"

"What? Mark? You aid their escape?" Jeonghan hissed, waving the other man away and walking towards Mark. The shadowmen looked so ready so ready to kill and strangle Jung kook at the same time. "Answer me!"

Mark remained silent, Jung kook was getting desperate. He ran to Mark and desperately called out for help, he was begging the shadowman to help him.

But Mark just pointed his sword tip at Jung kook. It's sharp end centimetres away from Jung kook's pale neck. The younger boy let out a powerless squeak.

"Please... Mark... "

"I don't think so. I am always with my other men, I'll never help a human like you. Quit accusing other people." Mark said coldly, but his eyes was trying to get another message across.

He was pleading Jung kook I stop accusing him. He was also saying that he would save Jung kook at some point.

"Get away from me before I hurt you." Mark said through gritted teeth.

Jeonghan narrowed his eyes at Mark but focused on Jung kook instead. Jeonghan waved his hand and a force blew Jung kook off his feet. The boy flew to the ceiling and hit the concrete behind him, he screamed and before he could even get a grip of the chandelier beside his pain filled body. Another force forced him to smash against the marble ground. His body managed to survive the hard smash, but he could feel broken bones in his body.

Jung kook pushed himself up form the ground, he stood up shakily and fell down again as his legs totally gave up on him.

"Pathetic." Jeonghan spat, he bent down to Jung kook's eye level.

"I never stole anything from you. You stole something from me! My will! You took control of me without permission! I am stolen property !" Jung kook protested.

"You stole something alright. "Jeonghan seethed in anger. "You stole something so important me. "

Jeonghan grabbed Jung kook's neck and dug his fingers into the flesh. Jung kook felt his windpipes being crushed, and he struggled to breath. Jeonghan's hands felt like ice as they close in a vise like grip around Jung kook's neck. The crazed look in Jeonghan's eyes terrified Jung kook.

Jung kook instinctively fought back, kicking around and thrashing around like a fish out of water.

"I-didn't S-steal a-anything-ng.. " Jung kook choked out. His throats began to burn from the lack of air, his own finger dug into the snowy white skin of the angel. But his hand was unyielding, Jung kook began to see black spots in front of his eyes. His movements became more erratic, more frantic and desperate to live.

"You stole my freedom! My wings! MY POWER TO FLY!" Jeonghan screeched and threw Jung kook away, his body tossed away like rag doll. Jung kook hit something hard and see stars in front of him. "And you will pay!"

Jung kook was picked up again and was thrown to the other side of the room again, and hit his head again. Jung kook didn't know where's up or down anymore. The boy was disorientated, his body weak and filled with pain.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THE LOSS OF MY WINGS!" Jeonghan shouted again.

"Jeonghan, stop. You had enough." Someone warned.

However, before Jung kook could even ask who it was, he passed out from the pain.

Taehyung? Where are you ?