CHAPTER 50 - The End

Once you were forgotten by everyone you knew, you will disappear. Maybe you yearned for that, but not for Taehyung. He wanted to be remembered by everyone he knew.
Maybe it was because he thought that he would leave his mark on earth or maybe do something incredible.
Incredibly stupid that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The river.

The bridge.

The water.

The sounds.

Taehyung could pick out those traits when they saw the small paradise behind the small houses. The houses casting tall shadows over them and stretching towards the street. He set down Jung kook near the edge of the water, and the younger male dangled his legs over the the edge. Taehyung want to join Jung kook, but he kicked off his shoes and dove into the small canal.

"What are you doing!?" Jung kook exclaimed, he looked around frantically, in case there were people walking around to catch them in the act. Or Taehyung in the act in that case. Taehyung just laughed as he broke the surface.

He could feel the cold water in running through his body. It calmed him a little, it likes the fluidity that seemed to make him weightless. The current lapping against the skin and clothes and the sound of the rushing water was little music to him.

"Come down! It's fun!" Taehyung insisted, swimming closer to Jung kook and having a mischievous smile plastered on his face. Jung kook immediately folded his legs back to his chest when Taehyung went too far and went to grab Jung kook's legs.

"Cut it out! I am not going into the water like you!" Jung kook said, trying to swat Taehyung away. The brunette dove deeper into the water as he faced mocking rejection. He turned his head in the oddly clear water and saw a small fish darting across his body and in between the algae.

"Taehyung! You are staying down there for quite some time already!" Taehyung heard Jung kook's muffled voice.

He could see a murky silhouette of Jung kook leaning over the edge as the brunette turned around. Jung kook was bringing his face a little too close to the water. He even stuck his hands into the water and waved around to find Taehyung. The brunette just floated in the water, waiting for Jung kook to get a little more closer.

Taehyung smirked in his mind when Jung just got to the correct distance between the water. Taehyung swum up, broke the surface of the water and grabbed Jung kook's collar.

You'd thought he would pull Jung kook into the water with him. But no, Taehyung would be stupid to give up a chance like that.

Taehyung grabbed Jung kook's collar and pulled him into a kiss. Jung kook resisted at first, being pulled into a sudden make out session was odd a ouh had, but having Taehyung doing it will be awkward for them after. Before Taehyung can process the fact that he did that without any hesitation and/or register the rapid heart beating in his body, he realized something.

His mind was getting cleared and memories flooding back into his mind. He looked at his hands, it was shaking. There was the water which seemed to glow around him. He looked around and noticed him as a spirit thrashing in the water and Jung kook running towards him, diving into the water and saving Taehyung.

The brunette floated closer to Jung kook and looked at the young male, who was as surprised as he was. His eyes glued to the scene as the ghostly vision of the two connect together, creating a bond between the spirit and human.

Taehyung got out of the water quickly when the figures disappeared.

"T-Taehyung?" Jung kook asked. The brunette replayed the scene over and over again in his head. It became clearer and clearer, the visions he dreamt of before, the shadowmen and the familiarity the 'first' time he saw Jung kook on the road. Taehyung felt that it was coming together, he was just about to turn around when Jung kook pulled him into a hug, his arms wrapping around his neck and shoulders.

He breathed in deeply as he realized Jung kook was crying little, being extremely happy to finally realize that Taehyung was right in front of him the whole time. Taehyung forced a smile, feeling his heart swell and his vision misty. He hugged back, one hand resting on Jung kook's head.

"Still cannot believe that you are the one I am finding after all this time." Taehyung sighed. He pulled away and rested their foreheads together, Taehyung wiped a tear pooling at Jung kook's eyes with the pad of his tongue before giving him a wide grin. Jung kook seemed to be more of himself that Taehyung had remembered, the tired eyes and the messy hair. The pale and glass-like skin and the pretty hands that they always fought over.

"Well, at least we are together after the whole crazy sh*t we've gone through." Jung kook joked, his smile widening.  Taehyung pulled away and ruffled his own hair, Jung kook brought his shoes for him. Taehyung wrenched out of the water of his clothing. He jus grabbed the shoes from Jung kook and slipped into it before offering to carry his boyfriend again.

Boyfriend.

It has a nice ring on it.

Boyfriend. Jung kook.

Taehyung had not realize Jung kook was on his back until the young male was tempted to slap his butt to tell him to move.

"Alright, alright. I am moving, princess!" Taehyung joked, carrying them back to the apartment they shared. They weren't that sad anymore, in fact, Taehyung was almost dry when they returned to the apartment. Taehyung and Jung kook catching up to what they had missed when they were not together. They grimaced when heading into the subject of spirits and angels. Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok came to mind. The death of the family of three really did a number on them emotionally and mentally.

There were ups and downs when they were together, they almost risked their lives for each other. But in the end, Jung kook was the one who did the sacrificing, ending his life just to grant Taehyung a chance to be human, to not be tormented by the angels. Well, Jung kook did end his life because he had no other choice, the treatment from the entities would leave others insane and broken. But Jung kook survived it all.

"When it comes to something like this, you are very calm." Taehyung commented, entering their apartment and setting Jung kook down on the couch. He still could see the bat laying next to the couch, Jung kook rolled it around with his foot as Taehyung went to fetch the medical kit.

This reminded Taehyung of something they experienced before. Setting Jung kook on the couch and helping him out over something important. Taehyung got the medical kit from the kitchen cupboard and set it down on his lap. Jung kook busied himself by looking up at the ceiling. "If you are going to look up at the ceiling like this, you are going to stay that way."

Taehyung ripped out a fresh bandage and wrapped around Jung kook's thigh. Taehyung finally took a quick glance at Jung kook hands, noticing the young male was playing with them childishly, pulling at them and twiddling with them. Taehyung placed the bandages away and took Jung kook's hands, feeling his palm around the veins and palms.

Taehyung smiled, finally being able to cry without anyone watching him. He bent over and covered his face with Jung kook's hands. Taehyung was actually glad, too glad even. He wanted to cry once the person he always had been noticing in his dreams, this person with a blurred out face was in front of him all the time. Jung kook was muttering soft murmurs of comfort and Taehyung just pressed on and sobbed, he felt that a weight was lifted off his shoulders once he knew Jung kook was the one he dearly loved.

"Jung kook?"

"Yeah?" The younger male asked.

"I love you."