CHAPTER 12

Taehyung blacks out, the black mass reminded him of Limbo. He couldn't stand up, he couldn't move or speak. Taehyung seemed to be suspended in mid-air. He looked up and could see three shadowmen gathering in front of his eyes. Mark emerged first, his clothes changed and he was wearing a tank top with the words "punk" printed on it. His red hair fell in front of his forehead.

"You are crossing the line, Taehyung."

The brunette tried to speak, but it seemed that his tongue was tied up.

"You know how hard it is to maintain an angel in your presence." BamBam joined in, his silver hair seemed to be only light source in the room of black ink. "Along with your already self-destructing body."

"It's not long before your host rejected your body... and without it, you will be powerless." Jinyoung added on.

Taehyung opened his mouth and let out a shaky breath, it sounded muted in his ears. He willed himself to speak, but his vocal cords rebelled against him.

"We three are the most powerful at the moment. We could not support you magically, but we can help you. We will keep the angels at bay. While you..."Mark explained, but he trailed off.

"While you find a way to win Jung kook's heart." BamBam finished for his comrade. "We could only help you for a certain amount of time, we wouldn't be there to help something when you need us."

"We have shadow hunters to worry about too." Jinyoung said. " We are already breaking the rules."

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. If there are spirit hunters, there will be shadow hunters. Mark's eyes sparkled as if he got something in his mind. His face twisted into a frown, then a concerned look.

"Jeonghan had already started to tear down Jung kook. We have no time." Mark said, his voice filled with urgency. Taehyung let out a muted shout, and lifted up his arm, which felt like it was made out of lead .

"Good bye, Taehyung. We will talk again." BamBam said, waving his hand and the mass followed his movements, disappearing along with his own body. Taehyung's eyes flew open and the brunette's heart racing in his chest, pinning against the rib cage. Taehyung got up slowly, the baby blue blanket falling to his lap.

His hand clutched his uniform as he could still feel the heart ache he got before. He sharp pain that he could not shake off, the punishment for love.

Taehyung released his grip and looked up, he saw a pristine white wall filled with sticky notes and a bulletin board filled with papers and pictures. Turning his head, he saw the familiar closet and study table.

"Jung kook!" Taehyung shouted, kicking off the blanket and forced his legs to work for his body. Each step he took, it felt like glass shards were cutting through the soles of his feet. He limped his way to the door and swung it open, he was welcomed by a pair of arms wrapped around his neck, a warm body against his.

"You are awake. I was worried." Jung kook whispered, burying his face deeper into the crook of Taehyung's neck. "Your heart wasn't beating... and yet you were muttering something, shouting even."

"I am sorry. I was just tired." Taehyung apologized. Although it wasn't true that he was tired, he wasn't tired. He was just drowning with guilt. "How are your hands?" The younger paused before answering.

"They are fine." Jung kook replied coldly, his tone changed and pulled away. Jung kook pushed Taehyung away with his badly bandaged hand, the white bandaged folding onto each other and a knot was tied at his back of his hand. "I am okay."

"I am just worried."

"I said I am fine." Jung kook insisted, his tone dangerous then.

Taehyung was taken aback from his response and wanted to drop the subject, but his heart swelled with curiosity and he decided to venture deeper into Jung kook's dark secrets.

"Why are you like that?" Taehyung asked, not taking his eyes off Jung kook.

"What? Why am I like what?" Jung kook bit back. "Cold? Angry? Disgusting?!" With each word he said, his tone gets deeper and deeper, his eyes became angrier and angrier.

"That's not what I meant!" Taehyung fought back. " I didn't say that you are disgusting!"

"What do you mean, Kim Taehyung?! WHAT DO YOU F*CKING MEAN?!" Jung kook hollered. "Do you understand how terrified I am?! I killed three men! I shouldn't have fought with them! I should have just let them kill me! End me! I don't want to live!"

"Stop saying that, Jung kook!"

"Stop saying what ?! That I want to end myself?! How about you do the freaking honors! "Jung kook shouted. "I have a spiritual being living in me! It made me saw my father! Again! "

"Jung kook, please! It's not your problem at all! Stop blaming yourself !" Taehyung fought back.

Jung kook stopped, literally.

Jung kook eyes flickered to blue, then faded back to black. He was switching back and forth, the warmth in his eyes slipping away, replacing it with cold glare.

"Stop calling for Yoon Jeonghan! He will destroy you! He isn't any help!" Taehyung shouted, his hand finding Jung kook's shirt collar. His grip was tight, tight enough that his knuckles turned snowy white. Jung kook took Taehyung wrists and pulled roughly, his fingernails digging into the brunette's flesh.

"LET GO OF ME!" His demanded, his voice split into two, as if Jung kook and Jeonghan were speaking as one entity, one soul, one person.

"JUNG KOOK! SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Taehyung pulled Jung kook to the wall, but the younger boy kicked the older' kneecaps and both of them tumbled to the ground. Taehyung still had his hands on Jung kook's wrists, holding them tighter and tighter as he bit back pain. The older hovered on top of Jung kook while the younger was growling like an feral animal, recoiling his knee and aimed for Taehyung's gut.

"Didn't you hear me?! I said... LET GO!" Jung kook spat, kneeing Taehyung in the gut and pushing the howling brunette off his body. He stood up and balled up his fists. "Don't interfere with me!"

"J-Jung kook..." Taehyung stood up, holding his gut as he leaned forward in pain. "Please..."

Jung kook's eyes momentarily flashed, and his facial expression changed, a silent scream left his lips.

Lips.

His lips.

Taehyung's brain began to spin with ideas. It was stupid. But it would work.

He ran to Jung kook, his eyes trained at the other's face. Taehyung crashed his body against the younger boy again and both fell back onto the hard ground one more time. Taehyung quickly smashed his lips onto Jung kook's. The younger left out a frightened and surprised yelp. He tried to push Taehyung away, but the brunette stood firm in his place. Moulding his lips to deepen the kiss.

Jung kook stopped resisting, he stopped struggling and finally wrapped his arms around Taehyung neck again. The familiar warm tingle that the spirit had felt beforehand.

Taehyung pulled when he felt a spike of pain in his chest again. His breath was ripped from his lungs and the air was thick as he gasped fro air. He felt crowed in his skin and sweat followed by cold chills plagued his body.   

Shit.