CHAPTER 24

Jaebum walked a few steps quicker than Jung kook. The younger boy had to always pull the beanie down to hide his ears. Jaebum always scoff when he notice Jung kook pulling on the white button down.

"Quit fixing your clothes. You are not getting a job but having a talk with me."

"That doesn't sound very reassuring." Jung kook whispered

"Not reassuring my ass." Jaebum bit back.

The two fell into silence as the shadowman brought them into a small cozy cafe. It was built in between a tailor shop and also a small supermarket. Jaebum gestured Jung kook to take a seat, motioning the metal chair in front of him. The younger boy obliged and slid into the squeaky metal seat, he held his head with the palm of his hand and traced circles on the glass table top.

"What do you want to drink? Coffee? Tea?" Jaebum asked, calling a waiter over to their table.

"Coffee is fine by me." Jung kook replied, looking up.

"One cappuccino and one espresso, thank you. "Jaebum said, looking at the waiter. She promptly wrote down the orders and scurried back to the counter. Jung kook did not know how to continue the conversation, he wasn't even that close to the shadowman one bit, His presence scared him and Jung kook wondered why he even agreed to come talk to him. "You are not really a conversation striker, huh?"

Jung kook shook his head, taking off the red beanie from his head. His ears were getting warm and he hated it. "No, not really. Is it that obvious?"

"Yes, yes it is very obvious," Jaebum replied, bringing his elbow to the back of the hair. "I came to talk about the angels and-"

"I don't want to talk about the angels one bit. They killed Jinyoung didn't they? Taehyung told me. If you are mad at me... I understand. You are not the only one who lost something dear to them." Jung kook interrupted.

"I am not mad at you, Jinyoung was prepared for the consequences, he is reckless... but in a good way..." Jaebum supplied, not wanting to tear Jung kook down even more.

The younger sighed and slid down onto the glass table, burying his face into his arms.  Jaebum folded his arms and looked at the tired boy.

"You are right, you are not the only one who lost something dear to them. We lost Jinyoung... our parents... You lost yours too."

"I don't want to live. It's so wrong, all so wrong. I feel so out of place, being with you guys... all strong, powerful.. while I'm here...being a  nuisance to everyone around me." Jung kook lamented, speaking through his arm. Words were muffled and he even murmured some hurtful words directed to himself for good measure.

"And I think you got it all wrong. "Jaebum interrupted. "It's not that I am strong, Jung kook. People depend on me, I depend on others. I depended on Jinyoung too much."

Jung kook turned, and saw the waiter before return to their table carrying their coffees. She set them down, before returning to her station, she slipped a piece of paper onto the table and mouthed "call me".

Jung kook took his cup of cappuccino and Jaebum took his cup of espresso.

"What are your current feelings to Taehyung?"Jaebum asked, taking a sip of his espresso.

"No idea. I don't know if I hate him or I love him. I am very confused."

~

Taehyung returns back to the Kim's estate and broke down at the door. He was still carrying Hoseok and the damaged sunflower in his arms. His face covered in blood and tears.

"We are gonna see Jimin and Yoongi."

Taehyung pressed the doorbell, but no one answered, Taehyung pressed again. The door creaked open, taehyung walked in, his arms gripping tightly onto the dead child in his arms. He studied the room, it looked like it had been turned upside down, the pristine furniture were torn apart, burnt marks were visible on the walls. Bookshelves were ransacked. His heart beat sped up.

"Jimin?! Yoongi?!" Taehyung called out, his voice came out airy, as if someone is squeezy the air out of his throat. "SEOKJIN?! NAMJOON?! JUNG KOOK?!"

There was a thud and the brunette whipped his head backward, the door was slammed shut and the smell of charred wood could be made out. Taehyung held onto Hoseok with one hand and summoned his blue flame, he could make out shadows and huge wings casted on the walls. But it disappeared quickly.

"I NOW YOU ARE IN HERE! COME OUT!" Taehyung shouted, drawing more power from himself and the blue flame burned brighter and with more heat.

"Taehyung-ah..." someone called out, his voice shaking. "Tuh-Taehyung-auh-ah... Huh-Hoseok...?"

The pink lemonade colored hair, splattered with blood. The small eyes, filled with grief and pain, the small hands shaking and coated with blood. His face had streaks of red liquid running his forehead. A deep gash that ran across his cheeks. Jimin came limping out from a dark room.

"Tuh-Taehyung-auh-ah... Gimme Hoseokkie~" Jimin's hand shook and he tripped on a table leg, stumbling forward, exposing his bloodied back. Chills went down Taehyung's spine, Jimin's back was covered with stark white feathers, the stalks piercing into his back.

"Get away from me! "Taehyung screamed. He dropped Hoseok and waved his hand around, but Jimin dragged his feet across the room, hands in front him, he reached for the brunette, crossing over his dead child like it wasn't there before. Blood spilled from his back and fell onto the ground. It formed a pool of red liquid on the wood.

"Tuh-Taehyung... I-wuh-what Tuh-Taehyung." Jimin choked out. His hands reached Taehyung's face and wet blood was left on his face, a bloody handprint. "J-just... ouh-once-last tuh-time..." His usual warm hands were ice cold, brittle. Taehyung could see the burn scars on his pale skin, his lips were blue and the veins on his neck were a sickening green color.

Jimin leaned forward and Taehyung fell too, his hand supporting the weight of injured spirit.

"What's going on?! What happened to you?!"

"Auh-angels... tuh-took S-seokjin..." jimin rasped. "I... can be... with... Yuh-Yoongi.. and Huh-Hoseok..." 

Jimin lifted up his hand towards Hoseok's direction and smiled, more blood poured out from his mouth and spilled onto Taehyung's shirt.

"Wait no.. NO! YOU CAN'T DIE TOO! I CANNOT LOOSE ANY MORE PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT!" Taehyung shouted.

"Birthday... 1-12... 3-30."

"My birthday?"

"Tuh-the duh-day we-we Luh-loved you..."

Jimin went limp, his body lit up and faded away, leaving nothing behind, even Hoseok, who was on the ground... disappeared. Taehyung was left in the dark room, tears threatening to fall. He held in his scream and bit his lips to control himself, Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok are gone. Dead. The trio that he once cared and loved.

"Sorry... I... I didn't protect you."

We will always be by your side, Taehyung.

Please... don't go.