CHAPTER 36

:) p.s Good luck :D

"I'll never let anything go between us ever again. I just want to stay with you for one day, with no disturbance, no fights, no magic. Just the two of us! Is that too much to ask?" Taehyung lamented.

Jung kook could not help but smile at his statement. Taehyung dragged Jung kook out of the hallways as if he memorized the floor plan of the castle, Taehyung had successfully navigated their way back to the throne room. The brunette lets go of Jung kook's hand and stood aside, the younger immediately caught on the meaning and summoned a portal.

"It is a good idea to return back anyway, I don't think either of us wants to stay here for any longer." Taehyung smiled before taking Jung kook's hands again and stepping into the portal. Jung kook was engulfed in the bright light and closed his eyes when he felt wind mess up his hair and blow against his body. The spirit felt that Taehyung's grip had gotten warmer, so warm until his body heated up with it. When the spirit opened his eyes to check his surroundings, they were already back on Earth, Taehyung stood beside him, his fingers intertwined with Jung kook's.

"Where do we go now?"

"We participate in the festival, they had fireworks rehearsal, I think we should attend." Taehyung smiled, pointing at the dimming sky. The moon was creeping up towards the sun, threatening to engulf it all, Jung kook looked ta the darkening sky and back at Taehyung. He wasn't really sure about attending the rehearsal, he did not like busy places. "Come on, just tonite, I will bring you somewhere else tomorrow. I promise."

Taehyung led Jung kook around, they traveled around the city, crossing busy roads and window shopping till their hearts' content. Slowly, they reached a soft grass patch where people had started gathering around, there were also food stalls being set up near the edges of the roads, orange lights illuminating the surrounding areas. Smoke coming out from the food stalls and also the delicious aroma of food. There was the huge lake that seemed to have diamonds underneath the water surface, it gleamed brilliant blue. With the mix of the sunset, it looked like something out of a fairytale book. People gathered around them, putting down picnic mats, taking out cameras and also their own snacks. As the sky turned dark, the two boys huddled together, Jung kook placing his head onto Taehyung's neck.

"The stars are beautiful today." Jung kook commented, pointing at an array of stars appearing in the sky.

"Not as beautiful as you," Taehyung replied in a cheesy manner. Jung kook cringed and moved away from Taehyung, shaking his head furiously, his whole body reacting negatively to how bad the pick up like was. Taehyung laughed and replied. " Was it that bad?"

"Yes, it is REALLY bad."

"Okay, sorry."

Jung kook returned back to Taehyung's side after making him promise not to say anything cheesy to him. The brunette reluctantly agreed but made a mischevious smile right after. Jung kook threw a light punch and returned to gazing at the stars. Taehyung pointed out some constellations and even named a few stars if possible, the duo enjoyed their time there. Soon, the grass patch was filled with people, there were children carrying paper lanterns and adults dressed in traditional clothing coming to watch the rehearsal. Jung kook looked around, some people were cheering and pointing at something in front of them.

The spirit followed their fingers and peered out into the lake, a spark could be seen, and soon, the first firework was shot up into the sky. It brightened up the seemingly dark colored sky, sending fire sparks everywhere. Taehyung grabbed onto Jung kook, who in turn yelled out loud. The brunette chuckled and pointed at the colorful sky. Jung kook smiled back and replied with equal enthusiasm.

"Look! It is green in color! Another one! That's pink!" Taehyung exclaimed.

Pink.

Pink like Jimin's hair.

Jimin.

Jung kook's mood was being washed away, and he frowned slightly. The thought of seeing Jimin again was too appealing to him. Jung kook covered his eyes when the next firework shot up into the sky. It all seemed too bright for his eyes, everything was bothering up, his heart was not obeying his orders. Jung kook ordered it to be happy, but it could not bring itself to do so. Everything was straying off the right path.

Taehyung continued to point out colors, not realizing that Jung kook was growing quieter and quieter by the second. Taehyung stroked Jung kook's hair as he continued filling in the silence in between them. The spirit looked around, other people were taking pictures of the colorful sky and were all in awe. The only person who was not paying attention to the fireworks was Jung kook himself, his eyes kept on drifting off to something in the distance.

So he made an excuse.

"Taehyung-ah, I am going to look at the stalls." Jung kook stated, standing up.

"Do you want me to follow you?" Taehyung asked, tearing his eyes away from the sky. The brunette looked so ready to follow Jung kook around, however, the spirit turned down his offer.

"No need to follow me, I will be returning home after that."

Jung kook turned around to leave, praying that his lie would at least twist around in Taehyung's head a little. The spirit left the brunette alone on the grass patch. Jung kook skirted into the middle of the food stalls, gazing at the grilled and deep fried chicken and other foods, the smell of it attacked his nose and Jung kook could feel his stomach grumbling in anger. The spirit shook his head and quickened his pace down the food stalls, once it was behind him, he escaped from the chaotic festival and went onto a quiet bridge. He could still hear the distant booming of fireworks and also the chatter between residents from the festival, however, it was not as noisy as when he experienced it himself first hand.

Jung kook walked a few feet, then leaning against the cold metal railing. He looked down, the lake waves brushing against the metal support and also crashing against the shoreline. Jung kook could make out his won reflection in the water, however, it was only a silhouette.

"Should I?" He asked himself, loud enough for him to hear.

Without thinking, Jung kook swung his leg across his railing and pushed himself upward. He got to the other side of the bridge. His legs were shaking, his heart beating faster, quicker, blood could be heard rushing through his ears. Jung kook was aware of his own breathing and he had started to feel uncomfortable. The spirit gripped onto the railings tightly, so tightly that his knuckles turned snowing white.

"Should I?" He asked himself again, this time his voice was shakier, timider. He could feel beads of sweat forming on his forehead. Jung kook gulped once, then twice, then three times.

Jung kook closed his eyes and breathed in, the smell of the lake invaded his nose. However, the smell comforted him, calmed his nerves.

"I should."

He leaned forward, his hands loosening from the railings. Jung kook let the wind carry him, and as he fell forward, he spread his arms, pretending that it was pair o soft wings. He could feel the wind blowing against his body, his face, his hair. He opened his eyes, and a burst of color covered his vision. The explosion of pink, green, blue and orange could be seen high above and on the surface of the lake.

Jung kook was already falling from the bridge, he turned his body around, only to see Taehyung throwing his arm forward, in desperate need of help. The brunette caught Jung kook's hand right before the spirit could drop down into the cold waters below both their feet. The spirit slammed into the side of the bridge, he groaned out loud.

The human had his outstretched hands holding onto Jung kook's cold ones. His body was halfway across the railings and he had to tip toe to gain back his footing, Taehyung grunted in the attempt to pull Jung kook back up.

"DON'T LET GO!"