CHAPTER 49

Jung kook took a step back. A push? Push what exactly? He rushed back to his room, trying to recount what had happened in his dream.

It was all Jeonghan, Jeonghan and Jeonghan. The angel that haunted him in his dream, turning it into an endless supply of turmoil and noise. He held his head, his fingers digging into his scalp.

"Who am I?"

"What am I?"

You pesky little sh*t decided to help Taehyung by giving up your humanity! Jung kook heard Jeonghan's voice echo in his empty mind. It sounded so loud as if the angel was right beside him. Whispering into his ear, pestering him and damning him to hell.

He got up shakily, his eyes trained on the ground, he mustered up his courage and stepped out of the hallway. He ignored the angel who seemed to not realize Jung kook's clear presence right behind him. Jung kook looked around, he knew that trusting those people would be a grave mistake. He should have not even followed Jisoo to the house in the first place. Jung kook looked around in the large room, he could not find anything in his reach to knock the angel unconscious and escape.  His hand went towards a stool set next to a small sofa, he wanted to stop himself, hitting someone with a wooden stool would cause death but he was desperate. Clearly hitting a celestial being with something like a pesky stool would not hurt, right? RIGHT?!

Jung kook grabbed the stool's leg and swung it towards the angel, hitting him right at his cheek. He tumbled to the ground, the crystal ball rolling away underneath the small sofa. He quickly rushed down the stairs, almost tripping a few times. When he finally got down, he spotted no one. He ripped open the door and the knob squeaked.

The male went running out, his shoes crushing the grass underneath his soles and his hands immediately going towards the gate. He shook it violently, not knowing how to open it. In the end, he climbed over the gate, his thigh getting cut from the points of the black metal. He almost fell head first to the ground when he realized that he was bleeding like a waterfall.

"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t...!" Jung kook cursed, heading down painfully. He clutched his thigh and leaned against the wall a little. It was aching like crap and Jung kook could only describe it as someone just stabbed you on the leg and proceeded to pour hot oil onto the wound. The male limped his way away from the house. He used roads that were behind the buildings to not get recognized. Once he figured where he was finally, the familiar busy street appeared in front of him. But he felt that he should isolate himself behind the buildings.

He saw Taehyung's apartment in the distance and the angels and shadowmen appeared in front of the main door. Jung kook hid behind the wall and avoided eye contact. But with a gaping wound, it was hard for him to act all natural. He was limping as the cut on his leg was hurting more with each step. He began running, picking up speed and darting around the alleyways. Jung kook kept a keen eye on the angels and shadowmen.

He finally made to the apartment and knocked on the door impatiently. Taehyung opened the door and he immediately jumped in for a hug as he realized the man was Jung kook. The young male's leg throbbed but he breathed in Taehyung's faint scent, which calmed his nerves.

"Where did you go?! I was worried!" Taehyung exclaimed, dragging Jung kook in, but the younger male pulled the brunette outside instead.

"We don't have time. We have to go before they find me!" Jung kook said, his hand wrapping around Taehyung's body and dragged him out of his apartment. The younger male bolted for the main entrance, with Taehyung behind him asking what the heck was happening.

"Look, Taehyung. I don't know what I saw but the only thing that we have to go now is somewhere that only we know." Jung kook breathed out. He stumbled out of the door, only to be carried by Taehyung. The brunette had to carry Jung kook on his back when he saw the bleeding gash on Jung kook's thigh. "But I have no idea where it is!"

"Maybe I know." Taehyung said, turning around and smiled before walking out of the building. Jung kook on his back and the younger male was trying to keep himself from being flustered. He buried his face into the crook of Taehyung's neck and the brunette chuckled a little. "It tickles."

"I didn't ask you if it tickles." Jung kook muttered, his voice muffled as he kept trying to dig into the crook of Taehyung's neck. He wrapped his arm around Taehyung's chest and tried to hang on as the older jogged across the road, earning an annoying shout from someone's car.

Taehyung zipped through the street, carrying Jung kook on his back. The young boy somehow just find out how pretty the scenery was. The sun setting, casting a orange and pink glow on the dimming sky. The people dotting the street was beginning to enter into cafes and restaurants, preparing for dinner time. Some passers-by took notice of the weird couple walking past them, some shot judgmental looks while some girls squealed. The two males just kept moving, until the sky had turned purple. Taehyung set Jung kook down near the small and messy porch of a house. It was tiny, looking really cosy. The blue tiled rood gleamed under the purple light.

Jung kook just saw the curtains drawn up against the window. There was no lights or shadows in the house. It unnerved the male a little, the house looked eerie, quiet and seemed like it was hiding something.

"Why are we here?" Jung kook asked, lacing his fingers between Taehyung's soft hair.

"This... this place keeps coming out in my dreams. It looked familiar to me, so when you told me that we should go somewhere...this is the first place I though of." Taehyung confessed, grinning like an idiot, Jung kook gave a funny face, earning a chuckle from the brunette. He continued walking down the empty street, the street lamps began to flicker and light up the dark road.

Taehyung hoisted Jung kook and carried him tighter behind his back. He turned and began walking behind the houses. Skirting around the bags of rubbish, rats and trash bins loaded up in the musty and foul smelling walkway.

They finally emerged after Jung kook and Taehyung freaking out three times about some rat squeaking behind trash. Jung kook was feeling numb after seeing the rodent follow them from their behinds. Taehyung was trying to crack jokes to loosen Jung kook up, but the young male was a little too close to tears.

"Jung kook, you are really cute this way. Scaring half to death just because of a rat." Taehyung teased, turning his head.

"You too!" Jung kook protested.

"Whatever you say, baby."