CHAPTER 39

"Where is it?"

"I cannot find it!"

"OH MY GOD!"

Taehyung was thrown into madness as his journal had gone missing. He swore he brought it out to work un the morning, he clearly remembered that he read in on the train... He had in in his arm when crossing the road...

"SHIT!" Taehyung cursed.

He slammed both fo his fists to the table, causing the stationaries to drop and roll off the white table. The plastic files stacked on top of his table shook violently and the coffee mug threatened to fall off the edge of his table. His co-worker peeked over to his cubicle and raised an eyebrow. He leaned against the short wall and spoke up.

"What's up? Split your coffee?" He asked.

"Haha, very funny Hyungwon." Taehyung rolled his eyes. He took his hands off the table and rubbed his face furiously, feeling his cheeks and nose move around messily. He was thrown into a frenzy, that journal was precious to him. He had written so many dark secrets in there and if whoever finds out they would laugh till no end. Taehyung brought his head to the table, his cheek resting against the white wood.

His co-worker had returned back to his desk, assuming that Taehyung just did not have enough sleep and was grouchy. The brunette sighed and groaned, kicking the table leg. He could not express his frustration properly, he just wanted his journal back desperately. He wanted to hold in and see it for himself.

"Who could have taken it?" He whispered, running his fingers through his hair to calm his boiling nerves.

"You'd better start working, or else boss will cut your paycheck again." His neighboring coworker warned, throwing a piece of balled up paper towards the brunette and it landed on his head.

~~~~~~~~ TIME SKIP ~~~~~~~~

Taehyung was exhausted after a hectic day of work. He edited reports, signed documents and also checked through bills for the company and the statistics. All must be typed and printed by the end of the day. The man had not been happier when he had printed the last page of his report. He snatched it out from the printer room and stapled it on his way towards his boss's office. He knocked on the frosted glass three times before hearing a muffled "come in". Taehyung opened the door with sweaty hands and got into the well-furnished room.

His boss just nodded and motioned Taehyung to hand in the report to him. When his boss received the stack of papers, the brunette gulped and prayed that he at least did a decent job. He prayed silently and even crossed his fingers behind his back for good measure.

"Good work. You may go." His boss finally spoke. Taehyung let out a breath he was not aware of holding and bounded back to his cubicle. He stuffed his computer and required files into his bag and slung it over his shoulder. He grabbed his phone and headed towards a cozy cafe near the office building.

A tired day at work, why not end it off with a piping hot cup of hot chocolate and a plate of warm cookies? Taehyung entered the small cafe, the bell rang through the small area, some customers glanced up from their screens and books out of curiosity and Taehyung quickly took a seat near the huge window. The cafe had a slight renovation, it had dark wooden walls before but now bookshelves occupied half of the walls, the tables were spread out messily across the wooden ground. The smell of coffee, tea and cakes were wafting in the air and the soft hum of the coffee machine behind the counter could be heard.

Taehyung slipped out of his bag and placed it on the ground, he turned to stare out of the window whilst deciding on what he would do about his missing journal. As he blankly stared out onto the busy roads, a waitress came up to him.