CHAPTER 43

PLEASE SUPPORT MY NEW BOOK. "HOUSE OF CARDS" I already published a few chapters. And no one is reading it I cri everytim ~ Author

Jung kook swung his legs around, he had himself settled down on Taehyung's work table. He was looking through an encyclopedia when a crushed ball of paper came into contact with the young male's head. He dropped the book onto his lap and looked around, shielding his head just in case there were more incoming his way.

"What was that for?" Jung kook complained, picking up the crushed ball of paper and tossing it into the bin under Taehyung's desk. He pulled down his beanie and headed roamed around the building a little, he didn't really know what to do except for messing things up. Jung kook just peeped around everyone's work cubicles and occasionally received little "aww"s and compliments as he tried his best to make his way to the boss's office, where Taehyung was.

"Why is he taking so long?" Jung kook pouted, stuffing both hands into his pocket, leaning against the wall and feeling the coldness of the wall seeping through his shirt and pricking his skin like thousands upon thousands of ice needles.

The young male rocked back and forth on his heels, trying to keep his mind from thinking about Taehyung taking his damn sweet time to hand in reports. He was about to walk away when another ball of crushed paper landed near his shoes, Jung kook stepped aside a little, surprised by the sudden attack. He was surprised alright, surprised and a little annoyed. He didn't really know why anyone would taunt him like that. Jung kook just kicked the paper away, pretending not to see it.

Jung kook pushed himself off the wall and made his way back to Taehyung cubicle when two balls of paper hit his forehead. Jung kook lost his balance and fell down on his bum, one hand shielding his forehead. The young male was so close to snapping when a figure stepped in, he wore a smug look on his face, a smart suit was donned on his body and his hair was gelled back to show his forehead. When the man smiled, he showed a set of canines, he leaned forward a little and Jung kook scooted back on his bum, ready to take off and run the heck out of the office building.

"Don't bother running, or you'll be pelted with crushed paper at night." He threatened.

Jung kook gulped and shot back a question. " Well?! Explain your goddamn self, you idiot! I don't like being hit in the forehead with crushed paper all the time! Who has the time for this much idiocy!"

The new male, who had hair in a weird shade of blonde forced out a smile before turning around, examining his surroundings. He turned to Jung kook who stood up quickly and had his hands in front of him, a blocking stance, getting ready for a fight if it actually happens in an office block.

"Nah, don't bother fighting either. I have like 5 other guys outside... so..."

"You have what?! What are you even? You don't seem like security guards, last I checked, security guards don't litter crushed pieces of paper on someone's head as a hobby." Jung kook fired back with a sassy attitude in his voice.

"How about this? I let you on a little secret." The man said, taking a step closer and Jung kook took a step backward accordingly. Jung kook eyed him suspiciously before hesitantly agreeing. "I am a shadowman."

"A sha-who?"

"A shadowmen. Well, you may not be able to remember 'cause you tried to jump off a bridge...  and you became a human yadayadayada. But yeah, I am a shadowman, be grateful, I saved your ass so many times before." He explained.

"Excuse me?" Jung kook asked. He was convinced that the man in the suit was halfway to Insane-city. He did not really care what would be installed for him son Jung kook only bolted down the other side of the office and made a huge detour back to Taehyung's cubicle. He grabbed his bag and ran out of the door, making a mental note to get as far away as possible from that man also to tell Taehyung that he went home earlier due to an upset stomach. Jung kook got to the emergency staircase and flew down the stairs, pushing open the heavy door and only to meet...

5 men dressed in suits.

Oh man... holy shit.

Their eyes widened as they noticed Jung kook. The young male pushed through them and even kicked one to release his grip from Jung kook's bag. The male rushed out of the building and looked around frantically, his eyes finally finding the metro line, he looked behind his back and saw the 5 men chasing him. They were hot on his tail, there was no time to take the train and Jung kook fled the building and had his eyes glued to the railway built sky high. He followed them the opposite direction of the train, praying that he would get home safely. Jung kook did not really check on the men who were chasing him. He did not want to actually, but his brain told him to.

Huge mistake.

The men were faster than Jung kook thought. The boy's heart was beating furiously and he would not be ale to keep his speed after another minute or two sprinting along the railway track and also boosting his speed whenever the men decide to go faster and grab his arms and bag. His eyes spotted a building that looked like Taehyung's apartment block. When the block numbers are revealed, Jung kook almost cried out in relief.

Jung kook quickly ran into the building and stormed up the emergency fire staircase. He slammed down the locks on the heavy duty door. The young male made his way to Taehyung's apartment and as he unlocked the door, he had a baseball bat flying towards his head. However, before that bat could hit Jung kook square in, The young male ducked and slapped it away. 

"OH MY GOD KIM TAEHYUNG!" Jung kook screamed, slamming the door shut. 

The brunette put down the other bat he held in his hand. 

"What were you doing?! Why are you here?!" Jung kook demanded as he locks the door.

"The question IS, why are you here?! Are you chased too?" Taehyung asked.

Jung kook nodded his head frantically and placed his whole body on the door, trying to not make a sound as Taehyung came close... too close until Jung kook could see the eyelashes of the other man. Taehyung placed his ear on the door and closed his eyes, trying his best to pick up any footsteps. Whilst the clueless brunette was doing that, his other hand was placed on top of Jung kook's chest. The younger male was blushing frantically and turn to look the other way, only to see the so-called shadowmen in front of him. 

Jung kook ran towards the discarded baseball bat and picked it up, charging towards them and bringing the bat over his head. 

Before he could hit them, someone grabbed the bat swiftly and pulled it out of his grip. 

"LET GO YOU SONS OF B*TCHES! WHY THE HELL DO YOU FOLLOW US?! YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR TAEHYUNG AND I DON'T KNOW YOU! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE BEFORE I CUT UP YOUR ASSES!" Jung kook snapped, grabbing whoever's behind him and throwing them to the ground. 

He took a step back as a pair of arms wrapped around him to hold him back. 

"Jung kook, calm down. Calm down..." Taehyung whispered. "They may be here for a reason." 

Jung kook was practically seething with anger, all he wanted was peaceful day to keep his mind off of him not being successful in finding work and he gets chased by 6 men. 

"Let's sit down... come on." Taehyung whispered, leading the younger male to the couch and setting him down.

Jung kook glared ta them as he sat down on the couch. He wasn't asking for a explanation, Jung kook was demanding to have one. 

Okay forgive me that I TOOK SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to update this chapter. Exams are JUST over and I have so many projects to complete. BUT I PROMISE THAT THE NEXT CHAPTER WOULD BE MUCH BETTER. the book might end soon. 

T^T pls forgive me. 

pLESE PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOK HOUSE OF CARDS.