CHAPTER 42

What seems like a peaceful morning was sadly interrupted by an annoying phone call that sliced through the peaceful air like a razor sharp knife through soft cheese.

"Who can that be?" Taehyung grunted. He dragged his feet towards the phone which was vibrating uncontrollably. He swiped it up and place it on his ear.

"HELLO?! KIM TAEHYUNG YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS TO THE OFFICE BEFORE I WHOP YOUR ASS!" Wonho shouted through the phone. The brunette swore his ears were bleeding when he heard the other man scream into the receiver.

"Wonho, it's eight in the morning. Can't you chill your thirsty ass for a minute?" Taehyung barked back to the other person on the other side of the line.

"EXCUSE ME?! YOU HAVE WORK TODAY AND YOU AIN'T GETTING ANY SICK LEAVE!"

Taehyung gave a soft groan and ended the call. He turned to Jung kook who just laughed and waved off the matter. The brunette hung his head low as he went on to change, slipped into a fresh new white shirt and pants, threw on a suit jacket and got ready to leave for work. Before that, he helped Jung kook to get used to his own home. Told him where were the keys, storeroom and such. The younger just thanked him profusely and even offered to help him out by bringing packed lunch in the afternoon.

The brunette scampered off to work, instead of taking the metro, he took a cab instead. He didn't want Wonho to kick his ass early in the morning. One, it was too early for that type of crap and two, Taehyung just wants to get work early and head home. Well, at least, he gets to have Jung kook over during lunch time. He unconsciously smiled when he thought of Jung kook. When the taxi stopped at his office building, Taehyung quickly took out some cash and just told the driver to keep the change. The brunette wants no time to be wasted when dealing with Wonho, he just was not in the right mood to be messed with and because he already has his ear drums blasted out of his precious ears.

"God damn smurf-dyed hair," Taehyung muttered to himself as he stood in the elevator and pressed his office level number and he could hear the whirring of the elevator in the empty metal box. He tapped his foot impatiently, trying his best not to flip when the elevator stopped at one office floor to pick up another worker. He stood in a corner, lips pressed together into a thin line and also suppressing the urge to curse loudly.

He rushed off to his own working cubicle (a/n: Cubicle meaning a designated place where you are assigned to work. Not the toilet cubicle. XD My city sometimes uses different terms ) and slipped into his chair before his boss popped his head into Taehyung office floor. The brunette had just enough time to open up his computer and a stack of files he was assigned to complete that morning.

"GOOD MORNING!" Taehyung greeted in an awfully cheery voice.

He could feel himself cringe and his eyebrow twitching comically as his boss walks away to check on his other collegues. Taehyung chewed his lip and went back to work.

~ Seven files and two whops in the asses later ~

"ARGH!" Taehyung groaned, throwing both of his arms in the air. He pushed himself back and he could feel the chair rolling backward a little. Hyungwon popped his head from his own cubicle to check on Taehyung. The other man seemed to be amused on what's going on.

"You know, you seemed very out of it today. What's wrong?" Hyungwon asked, his arms draping down from the thin wall and fiddling with a ribbon attached to the computer.

"Oh, nothing. I am just waiting for someone." Taehyung replied. He glanced over at the clock at the wall and saw it strikes 1 in the afternoon.

"You waiting for a date?" Hyungwon teased.

"No you thirsty ass." Taehyung fired back.

Well, it was not technically a date. It was more of a I-want-Jung kook-with-me-for-the-whole-day thing. Taehyung glanced at the office door, praying hard that Jung kook would actually come to his office. He stood up and stretched his sore body, he had been cooped up in his cubicle for such a long time his bones popped as he stood up. He heard something creak at the other end of the office and noticed something strange.

All the female workers are swarming the entrance to that particular office floor. Well, it wasn't Sehun as Taehyung could not catch any rainbow colored or cotton candy colored hair. The brunette walked over as the situation was peeking his interest level. He would want to find who caused that congestion at the doorway than sitting in his cubicle and flipping through black files all freaking day along.

Taehyung squeezed through the small crowd, his eyes catching a bright red beanie and a white shirt.

Jung kook?

"Umm... I-I am l-looking for Kim T-Taehyung?" He heard the latter speak.

Taehyung can confirm it, the boy IS Jung kook.

"Hey!" Taehyung smiled as he pushed through the last few females surrounding the shy man. "Jung kook, you came."

The younger boy looked up and gave a small smile before getting out a blue lunch box from his bag. Taehyung could smell the kimchi and pickled radish from the box. Not going to lie, it smelled good. Jung kook handed it over to the other man who took it graciously.

"Didn't know you can cook," Taehyung commented. "Thanks, by the way."

"No worries."

Jung kook stared at Taehyung and rocked back and forth with the heel fo his black shoes.

"You can stay over." Taehyung offered.

The female colleagues began to swoon over how the two males interact. Jung kook was hesitant, he kept on saying he had to go and find a job but followed Taehyung into the office anyway. The younger boy was going around applying for jobs in every office plausible before realizing that he made a promise to Taehyung to sent him lunch.

In the end, Jung kook helped out Taehyung at the office, editing his documents real quick, printing them out and eve went through several files on the older's table. Needless to say, Jung kook was pretty efficient, Taehyung made a mental note to recommend his boss to hire Jung kook. That was DEFINITELY not an excuse to allow Taehyung to see Jung kook every day without fail. DEFINITELY not an excuse. The brunette finished half od his lunch before hearing Jung kook's stomach grumble a little, the noise was between a gurgle and growl which the brunette found it absolutely hilarious. Jung kook blushed and turned around, holding his stomach.

Taehyung just offered half of the remaining lunch that Jung kook sent.

"Eat up, I know you haven't had food yet since breakfast," Taehyung said.

Jung kook denied getting food from Taehyung. Claiming that he would feel guilty as the lunch meant for the older man only, Taehung was persistent, eventually Jung kook took the food and nibbled on the leaf of the kimchi.

"Well, you are eating. Fair enough, I guess?"