CHAPTER 30

The characters stuff is out for my upcoming book House Of Cards!
The story will only begin after this book!! <3 (JiVKook. Mainly Vkook. Mature themes. )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson, BamBam, and Taehyung entered the roof. Wind ripped through their hair BamBam went to the edge of the roof and looked down at the building. Taehyung explored the roof, but his head felt insanely heavy and there was a dull ache at the back of head. It had been bugging ever since he stepped foot into the elevator.

He hit his head lightly, trying to distract himself a little. Instead, upon hitting it four times, four numbers flashed in his mind.

12 .

30 .

09.

01.

Taehyung held his head a little, staggering back. The numbers faded with a blink of an eye and in returned, only with images. Photos, presumably memories flashed across his mind, a couple in black and white, then a little boy being carried around. The woman and man each held onto one of the little boy's hand. The little boy had his back facing Taehyung, and he grew taller and bigger in size. The little boy turned and faced Taehyung, h=the brunette was anticipating who the grown up man was. But as the man turned around, Taehyung saw himself.

The brunette couldn't remember, it was confusing to him, his head hurt as if it was overheating. Like a system, he was breaking down, it was an information overload. Everything was flooding back to him and Taehyung couldn't take it for long. Why was the boy him? Who was the couple?

He had his hands on his head, his fingers digging into his scalp. More images floated into his mind and the faces of a man and woman seemed to appear multiple times. The silhouettes of Yoongi, Jimin and Hoseok surfaced in his mind, they were happy, all smiling. Their lips stretched into a beautiful smile. Jimin holding Hoseok, who was hugging a withering sunflower, its petals turning brown, the stalk growing soft. Yoongi was holding onto Jimin, his head resting on the pink haired male.

They fading away, their bodies getting a tone darker with each second passing. Taehyung slowly couldn't remember their faces, only the vague color of pink, orange and blue-black. He slowly couldn't remember their names, a blurred shadow covered up those faces.

They were slipping away, in between Taehyung's fingertips. Their voices began to be muffled, began to be drowned out. Taehyung couldn't identify if they were static or human voices. It seemed strange, seeing a black shadow talk, it sounded very much like someone trying to speak through a phone with bad reception. Their unique voices began fading away too, softer and softer. Until it was a hushed whisper.

He couldn't understand what they were saying either. The language wasn't Korean not English, it sounded like music. Taehyung hugged his head tighter, terrified of what would happen, his heart was confused, his Brian was in a state of pure panic. He didn't know what to do or how to function his own body, he felt as if something was draining away from him.

Something powerful.

Something that had become a part of him for the past years but...

But he just could not put his finger on it.

Was it love?

Was it hate?

Or was it something else?

Taehyung opened his eyes, he saw that he was crouching, the floor beneath him was wet. It was dotted with his tears, he released his grip from his aching head and saw and went to touch his face, it was wet, wet with his overflowing tears. His mind was still flashing those three silhouettes, he couldn't remember their names, it sounded so foreign to him.

"Y-you..." someone started. Taehyung looked up and wiped the tears away from his eyes. "What has Jung kook done to you?"

"Wuh-what do you mean, Jackson?" Taehyung asked. "Wuh-what has j-Jung kook duh-done?"

"You don't know?! Those images! Those numbers! You are forgetting who they are!" BamBam cut in, grabbing Taehyung's shoulders so as to put the emphasis. " Those people!"

"I don't understand!" Taehyung but back, pulling the shadowman's hand away. "Who are they?! Why did that happen to me?! What am I ?!"

"YOU BECAME A HUMAN! YOU ARE NOT A SPIRIT ANYMORE! Someone made you a human!" Jackson shouted, jabbing a finger at the brunette. " And THAT SOMEONE IS JUNG KOOK!" 

"NO!" Taehyung shouted back. He would not believe a shadowman blurting out accusations about Jung kook like that. " IT IS NOT HIM! HE ISN'T THAT STUPID TO DO SO!" 

"Then explain! Explain to me why is he heading to angels' hideout! Why are the three spirits you knew before going away?! Why can't you use your powers?! Why can't you walk through walls?!" Jackson seethed. Taehyung clenched his fist and stepped forward, but BamBam and newcomer stood in between the two, trying to break open the fight even before it even started. " TELL ME WHY CAN'T YOU REMEMBER THE KIDDO'S NAME!"

Youngjae pulled Taehyung away, and BamBam did the same, except with Jackson. The brunette was trying his best to suppress down his shock and anger, willing himself not to punch Youngjae in the face as he literally did not do anything. Youngjae led Taehyung to the other end of the roof and sat him down. The brunette slumped down heavily and had his head on his knees and hand. 

"Don't be so... well...don't take that in too harsh. I suppose Jung kook just want you to be happy." Youngjae comforted, squatting down beside Taehyung. 

"And how do you know that? Have you ever experience this before?! How would you understand how I feel?!" Taehyung asked. 

"Because someone has done it before, just for me." Youngjae smiled, his voice dropping to a whisper. " He gave up his life, just for me." 

Taehyung dropped his head, looking at his hands and picturing them as Jung kook's pretty ones. He could feel his vision getting blurry and Youngjae wiping off tears with his fingers. 

"Aren't you mad that Jinyoung died? Aren't you mad at me? I have dragged you down into this. Too many people suffered, Jung kook being next... Then... me...I..." 

Taehyung grabbed Youngjae's shoulders, shaking his lightly. The shadowman just shook his head, his smile breaking. 

"I am not mad at you... nor Jung kook. People are bound to die, even spirits and shadwomen... surprisingly, angels too, die. Jinyoung just chose his time to do so. " Youngjae replied, taking Taehyung's hands off his shoulders. Youngjae had a side too similar to Jinyoung, too similar for comfort.  Taehyung always see Jinyoung alongside with Youngjae. "My point is that... if Jung kook did give up his humanity in exchange for yours then... be grateful. He loves you and you love him. I felt same way as you do before. I know it hurts."

Taehyung covered up his eyes and Youngjae stood up, Taehyung could hear the crinkle of his pants and the slight crunch of his shoes. The brunette shifted, his bottom getting cold from sitting on the cold ground for so long. He just want Jung kook beside him, holding him in his arms, cuddling in bed. Just anything that would count as spending time with the younger boy. 

He was rocking back and forth, his lower back hitting the ledge of the roof.

"We have to go. Now." someone broke the silence in his mind.

Taehyung had heard something similar before. 

"Taehyung, I said we have to GO!" 

The voice sounded urgent and the man's head shot up, his eyes meeting Mark's eyes.

"Jaebum and Yugyeom has found Jung kook. And the captor only wants you to meet him. We couldn't enter the house, but we will interfere when he attacks."

"Who took Jung kook?" Taehyung asked.

"Hong Jisoo. "