CHAPTER 41

Exams are coming up guys, I may have a short hiatus for a week or two. Sorry!! - Author

Jung kook wakes up in the warm arms of someone. He rubbed his eyes and yawned, he turned around to see Taehyung sleeping soundly beside him. Jung kook's eyes widened turn back around and he tried to break free, he tried to slowly untangle himself from Taehyung's arms. However, the brunette hugged Jung kook tighter and nuzzled his nose into Jung kook's neck.

Taehyung hugged Jung kook even tighter now and the younger felt something wet on his neck, he turned to face Taehyung. The other man was whimpering and crying whilst sleeping. Jung kook instinctively stroked Taehyung's hair, trying his best to recreate the action like what had Taehyung done to him last night. The brunette was streaks of tears running down his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. Jung kook used his thumb to wipe away the man's tears. Jung kook did not know how to react, Taehyung seemed like a strong person, but there he was, crying when he was asleep.

"W-Where are y-you?" Taehyung muttered. "It's been so...long..."

Is he talking to me?

Jung kook sat up slowly, trying his very best to get Taehyung's arms away from his waist and not waking him up. The younger sat with a spare blanket wrapped around his body, he gripped it tighter when Taehyung curled into a ball, his arms tucked into his chest and his legs going towards his waist. There were muffled sobs and sniffles, Jung kook could not bear to look at the scene, he turned away, trying to look around the round instead.

But the noise, the crying was forcing Jung kook to look at Taehyung with pure concern. Just when Jung kook going to lean forward and comfort Taehyung. The brunette bolted up right from the makeshift bed, he quickly wiped the tear streaks away with the back of his hand and took a shaky breath. Jung kook crawled towards the groggy man and sat in front of him, his knees touching the other.

"What's wrong? Taehyung... You can talk to me. "Jung kook whispered as he reached forward to touch Taehyung's face. However, the brunette moved away, putting on a fake smile and reassured he was doing fine. Lying that it was just a stupid nightmare, he brushed it off so casually, that Jung kook was 99 percent sure that Taehyung was ready to break apart in his very hands soon.

"I-I am okay," Taehyung repeated.

Jung kook stretched out his arms a little, letting the blanket to be draped down around his shoulders and arms. Taehyung forced back a sob but continued to ignore Jung kook's acts of affection.

"No, you are not." Jung kook retorted with an equally repetitive tone. "You are not okay. I saw you crying in your sleep Taehyung, I saw you trying to call for someone... I saw the hurt in your eyes when you smiled just now."

Taehyung looked down to his hands and Jung kook was curious how Taehyung was acting and cupped Taehyung's face. His hands holding up the brunette's puffy cheeks, it was all squished up and Taehyung seemed, even more, cuter that way. Jung kook flashed a bunny smile, staring at how unique the other looked.

"Smile! Come on!" Jung kook exclaimed, kneading Taehyung's face around. Pinching his cheeks, forcing Taehyung's lips to stretch upwards and boop-ing his nose. "Be happy! You look old with a frown. Also, frowning makes you have wrinkles in the long run."

With that in mind, Taehyung's eyes widened and took his face away from Jung kook. He rubbed his face furiously, not wanting to get wrinkles at such a young age. He shook his head and faced Jung kook, who was on the blankets laughing his ass off.

"It's not funny!" Taehyung whined.

Jung kook got up and pulled Taehyung up to his feet. Jung kook skipped out of the room once he found Taehyung was smiling prettily in front of him. The younger busied himself in the kitchen, where he rummaged through the small pantry. He found two packets of ramen hidden at the corner of the almost empty pantry and also took out a pot under the stove.

"Taehyung-ah! I'm gonna cook!" Jung kook hollered out. He heard a faint 'okay' from the latter and turned on the stove. He placed the pot on top of the fire and dumped in some luke warm water he found sitting in a kettle. Jung kook emptied out the ramen packets. He got out of the kitchen to get Taehyung when he realized the brunette wasn't in his room.

"Taehyung~ Where are you?" He called out.

"In the toilet! Can you pass me the towel on the bed?" Taehyung asked, tapping on the door.

Jung kook stood there, his cheeks flushing a deep red. He swore he would not peek at Taehyung when he hands him the towel. Jung kook jogged to the room and grabbed the starch white towel lying on the bed and went back to the toilet. He knocked on the door slowly, closing his eyes as the door slowly creaked open. Jung kook stretched out his hand and waved the towel around, praying that Taehyung would grab it somehow.

"Where is it? I can't seem to grab it." Taehyung lamented. Jung kook felt blood rush up to his cheeks. he had no choice but to open his eyes and find Taehyung.

The younger timidly crack open one eye and inched closer to Taehyung's grabby hand. He shoved the towel into Taehyung's palm as he saw a tanned shoulder starting to peek out from the gap.Jung kook dashed off and went back to the kitchen, dumping the ingredients and cracking apart two eggs he rummaged out from the drawers. He tapped the chopsticks on the kitchen counter, the rhythmic sound soothed his nerves a little. He was not as worked up as he was a few minutes ago. When the water was brought to a boil, Jung kook turned off the gas and fetched two bowls.

Not before long, breakfast was ready and Taehyung entered the living room with dripping wet hair and an almost drenched t-shirt. It was all wet with water around his shoulders and neck and Taehyung had the towel threw over his shoulder like some old potato sack. Jung kook sighed as he set down the two bowls of ramen on the table. He walked up to the male and pulled the towel off the brunette's shoulder and helped him dry his hair.

"I know you are pretty lazy, but please, you will catch a cold with wet hair and wet clothes." Jung kook chided, rubbing the towel around his wet locks. For a short while, Taehyung had his head bent down and Jung kook was tiptoeing to reach the top of the older's head.

"There you go." Jung kook whispered. "All done. Come on, you must be hungry." Jung kook flashed a smile and showed off his bunny teeth. He took a seat and gestured Taehyung to eat first.

The two had a quiet breakfast. But Jung kook enjoyed the comfortable silence, it was nice to have some time and sort things out by himself.

If we actually were together before... Then... maybe there was a way to bring those memories back.

"Taehyung-ah?" Jung kook said. Taehyung stopped eating and looked up from his bowl. "What do you want to know?"

"Hm?"

"What do you want to know from your ...experiences before forgetting everything?" Jung kook asked. Taehyung set down his chopsticks and leaned back on the chair. He took in a deep breath and look at Jung kook.

"I actually...do not know. I don't know what I can get from what I experienced beforehand. I just... I just want him back. I want him in my arms again. It's been a year and I felt wrong without him beside me." Taehyung replied. Jung kook pushed his bowl of ramen away from him and balanced his chin on the back of his hand. He listened intently to what Taehyung had to say. The older just seemed lonely without the other he kept on repeated about.

The brunette reminded Jung kook of himself. He had also spent a long time searching for the other that he so longingly wanted to meet.