CHAPTER 35

Jung kook and Taehyung decided to split up as they thought it was a better idea. Jaebum, Jackson and Youngjae with Jung kook and the rest of the little party were going with Taehyung. It was a good match, one strong shadowmen in each group. The spirit had three men under his belt, but he was more suited working alone, Jung kook felt that with three other men, he had to worry about their safety and planning.

But he had no other choice but to bring them with him. Jung kook got in through the main gates, kicking open the wooden doors and entering the castle with a mindset that the angels would be there, waiting for them.

But the thirteen brothers were absent from their throne. They were nowhere to be found.

"Scour the area, we have to get Namjoon," Mark said, fanning his men out. "Protect Taehyung and Jung kook, this is an order."

"Yes, sir!" They saluted. Jung kook turns to look at Taehyung one last time, the brunette did the same, wearing a small smile and gave a small thumbs up. Jung kook returned one back to him and sighed heavily. The broke away and went on their separate ways, going towards cellars and secluded rooms in the castle. They had to cover as much land as possible if they want to save time and lives.

Jung kook jogged down a long hallway decorated with tall and colorful paintings of the brothers. He didn't stop to admire each one as he had no time, except for one that was covered in a black cloth at the end of the hallway. Jung kook skidded to a stop and stared at it with curiosity. His hand went to pull the black cloth away. It revealed the two scepters he had seen in Jeonghan's and Seungcheol's hands. However, instead of them holding the two royal objects, one lone angel held onto it. Auburn colored hair and cat like eyes.

"Hong Jisoo. They have been hiding it." Jung kook said through gritted teeth. "I will show them."

"We knew about this for too long. Yet we couldn't bear to say it, Jisoo didn't want to take on Kingship. He said he didn't want to be in the mess of everything." Jaebum explained, going next to the portrait. "We hid it under the black cloth and tried to keep it a secret. Jisoo respected that and didn't know, I just hope that we could keep it under the rug for a long period of time."

"He shouldn't know. It will take a toll on him. He has a weak body, he would die." Jackson added on.

Youngjae joined in with the trio, his hair flowing around as he walked. He took the cloth from Jung kook's hand and covered the painting again. The cloth draping down Jisoo's face, and lastly the scepters. It was hidden well, the black colored cloth covering the carefully painted portrait.

"You know, you could always take on the Kingship. If you want... it's a choice." Youngjae squeaked.

Jaebum slapped his hand on Youngjae's mouth to shut him up. "He couldn't. He's a spirit Youngjae, when we tried to have Taemin as King he got combusted!"

Youngjae took Jaebum's hand away and lowered his head, mumbling a soft sorry.

Jung kook continued walking, making a mental note that he would have to return and take the painting with him. The spirit turned and got in front of a wooden door with a rusty handle and hedges. Jung kook pushed it open, his hands ready and Jaebum drew his weapon from his belt, they got ready for whoever was in the room at the opposite side of the door. Jung kook kicked the door a little with the tip of his shoe and brought his hand inside the room. Blue light emitted from his palm of his hand and lit up a portion of the room.

Jung kook waved his hand around, the blue light hitting the walls and he stopped at a figure in a corner.

"Namjoon?" Jung kook called out, stepping into the room with confidence, however, timidness soon took over him when he received no reply.  He cocked his head into the room and Jackson squeezed through Jung kook, Youngjae and Jaebum stayed at the door. Jung kook stomped foot onto the ground and a blue glyph appeared under his shoe, bright blue light shone out, bleeding into the ground and filling in the cracks on the ground. The light from the glyph filled the room and the silhouette was shown more celarly.

Actually, there were two figures. One was protecting another.  A pink haired man was covering another man with his whole beaten and battered body. Jung kook walked towards the two, his hands balled into fists, Jung kook was waiting to strike if they were enemies, but he was also mentally prepared if they were the people they were looking for. Jung kook reached out and touch the first man, as his fingers came into contact with the wings, the man disappeared in a flash.

"An illusion." Jackson reminded. "The person you are looking for his under him. Coverage spell, it is a good and smart move."

"Namjoon?"

"Youngjae! Call the rest!" Jung kook heard Jackson shout out. "Tell them that we found Namjoon."

"They aren't responding!" Youngjae shouted back.

Jung kook got to the human and grabbed his arm with a worried expression. With his hand trembling, Jung kook brushed Namjoon's hair away from his bloodied face. His lips were bruised and there were circles under his eyes, his face seemed to appear thinner than before. Jung kook wrapped Namjoon's arm around his neck and pulled him up, keeping his other hand on the injured's waist.

The spirit keep his footing and slowly inched his way out of the cellar. He passed Namjoon to Jaebum, who carried him on his back.

"Get him outta here. I have to find Taehyung and the rest." Jung kook said. "Be safe."

Jung kook took off and retraced his steps in the castle. He passed the throne room again, this time following Taehyung's squad's route. Jung kook could hear his footsteps echoing down the empty hallway. He didn't have the time to stop to admire the sculptures and art displayed on walls, he had to find taehyung.

Jung kook was getting desperate with each turn, he got a dead end every time. He was loosing his patients, he wanted to punch a hole in the wall but he couldn't! He took another guess in the castle, this time noticing a long leg disappearing into the next turn in the maze-like hallways. He quickly chased after him and bumped into Yugyeom, who glared at Jung kook.

The spirit shot a glare back at the giant man and pushed through the other shadowmen, he got to the brunette who was tapping his chin impatiently in front of another mysterious door.

"Taehyung!"

The human turned and his eyes widened at the sight of Jung kook.

"Jung kook? Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be with the rest?" Taehyung questioned, his hand instinctively holding onto Jung kook's. His warm hand took hold onto Jung kook's cold ones.

"We found Namjoon, Jaebum is carrying him back. We have to go!" Jung kook explained, panting.

" Can't you just contact us through Youngjae? Why did you come all the way here?" Mark interrogated. "Are you an imposter?" The shadowmen drew his sword and pulled Jung kook away from Taehyung. Mark pointed his weapon at him, the tip of the sword aimed at Jung kook's neck. The spirit gulped.

"No! I am real!"

"Tell me something Taehyung would only know about Jung kook. I don't trust you." Mark growled.

"I-I... I traded my humanity for Taehyung's." Jung kook whispered.

Mark dipped his sword reluctantly.

"We have to go! Please Taehyung!" Jung kook shouted desperately.

Taehyung got to Jung kook's side and led him out. 

"I am never going let anything go between us ever again. Let's go home."