CHAPTER 44

"Okay, I admit... the way that I approached you guys wasn't very welcoming. But what can I do? It's been a year andI have no idea whether you guys changed or not." One of them spoke up.

"Well, if you just came up nicely without acting like thugs I may have invited you over for coffee," Taehyung muttered.

One male was seemingly examining the two humans who sat on the couch. His index finger tapping his chin and he also had his eyebrows furrowed. Taehyung was going to say something when that particular quiet guy got his chance first.

"If we tell you our names, maybe it will ring the bell a little?" He suggested. The other seem to agree, but Taehyung was still skeptical, he was so ready to get the bat that was laying on the ground and bash their heads in if they try any funny business.

"I'll start first. I'm Mark." He was tall, but not as tall as the other one who seems to be towering over all the others. His hair color was very unique, some ashy gray mixed into dark blonde. He wore all black and a pair of worn out jeans.

The one beside him was much bigger in build, more muscular and seem to be more lively than the others. He had white hair that had grown over his eyebrows and he clung onto Mark like a young puppy.

The rest introduced themselves briefly and there was one thing they had in common, a solemn look when they turn to look at Jung kook. Their eyes convey a certain feeling that Taehyung could not read, he had spent the past minute trying to figure out what their eyes were trying to say. One of them were smiling and carrying a white dog in his arms, running his fingers through the white fur. Taehyung grabbed Jung kook's hand and looked at them.

"Tell me, why did you chase us?" The brunette asked.

"We...Look, I know this might sound really off-putting, but we knew each other before. Your journal entries, the shadowmen. We are those men who protected you from the angels." Jaebum explained. His gaze dropping to the ground. "And Jinyoung..."

Jin...young?

Jinyoung...

Park Jinyoung...

Taehyung looked up at them, his head feeling extremely heavy.

"Maybe... just maybe..." Yugyeom whispered, fishing out an old photograph that was tinted blue. The edges were started to turn yellow and there were white creases from the old photograph, has the shadowman handed it over, Taehyung was afraid that it might crumble. It looked so fragile.

The brunette stared at the photo and so did Jung kook. The two saw 3 figures. One of them holding a child who seemed to smile radiantly. There was a male with cotton candy hair another with dark colored hair. They seemed happy, holding the young boy in their arms. However, there was something that Taehyung did not understand, there was a car crash that kept reappearing in his dream. A withered sun flowered appeared right after the car crash and... there was a boy who kept on smiling back at him after it all happens.

"Talk you hyung-ah, Hoseok. T-talk to h-hyung-ah..."

"Hoseokkie-ah... What are you doing? S-stay awake... T-This i-is n-not f-funny!"

"T-talk t-to h-hyung please..."

"Why is hyung crying?"

Taehyung's head shot up from the photo and noticed that there were teardrops on the photo. He quickly wiped his eyes with his arm and handed the photo back to the shadowmen.

"Who are they?" Taehyung asked.

"They were the ones who took care of you Taehyung. They are the ones who took you in when you were found on the streets and..." Youngjae trailed off, burying his head into the dog's long fur again.

"They were the ones who died." Jaebum helped the other man finish. "The little boy, Jung Hoseok, his death took a great toll on you. You were devastated and-!"

"How do I know it's true?! HOW?! HOW DO I KNOW IF YOU ARE SCARING ME?! FEEDING ME LIES?!" Taehyung screamed.

Yugyeom seemed to have lost his patience as well and he stomped towards the brunette and grabbed his collar and pulled him up to his nose.

"Look, I've been holding in my annoyance since I f*cking met you. So you can cut the bs and get to the f*cking problem. You are a spirit that was converted to human through love, you lost your lord and savior Jeon Jung kook. And you have been trying to remember ever since." The male growled. " After that, you have completely forgotten about us, the spirits and the angels that once protected you from the miserable world that you live in!"

Taehyung's lips quivered as Yugyeom spoke. As the tall male let go of Taehyung's collar, the brunette slumped onto the ground and curled himself into a ball. His whole body shook and he felt cold, all he could think about the three figures that he saw in the picture and the mysterious withered sunflower that stood out above all. Taehyung closed his eyes a little, Jung kook's hand warming up his body. He could still hear Jung kook shouting at the shadowmen. Jung kook also seemed tired and frightened as well, his voice sounded different. Just like Taehyung himself, Jung kook was trying to tell himself that the 6 men were lying to their faces and that nothing they declare were real.

But how could Taehyung deny it when it was clearly written down in his journal entries? The three spirits, the angels, and the shadowmen that fought for their lives. And of course, the nameless man whom Taehyung kept describing as beautiful yet sad or as a lonely boy who roamed the city.

Taehyung opened his eyes and saw Jung kook standing in front of him, the baseball bat in his hands he was angry. Jung kook was furious, Taehyung grabbed for Jung kook's ankle, but the young male struck first before the brunette could do anything. There was a loud, ear-popping noise. Taehyung siege he saw Jung kook swung at the shadowmen, the form of swing would blow a man's brain out of its skull. However, instead of any of the strangers dropping onto the ground, blood was running down Jung kook's arm. Taehyung saw it drip onto the ground, a small pool of red liquid gathered at the side of Jung kook's shoe.

Taehyung scrambled to his feet and grabbed Jung kook's arm. The young male dropped the bat and it clattered onto the ground, the bat rolled away away quickly. Mark had defected the bat with his own bare hands and the force was transferred back to Jung kook's arm.

"I warned you. Don't mess with us." Mark reminded, his voice ice cold. "We've explained to you already, it's the truth. If you Shevardnadze to cut open my body to tell if I'm honest, then rip me apart."

"Mark! You can't say that!" BamBam and Jackson said in unison.

"Rip me apart for all I care."

"I won't now. I have to get you out of my life first." Jung kook threatened, picking up the baseball bat with his left hand and prepared to swing it at the 6 men again.