CHAPTER 10

The spirit was deposited on a couch.

Yes, on a couch.

He didn't even know how he got into the house in the first place. As he blinked, he caught a glimpse of what seemed like 7 floating figures in front of eyes. It was like it was like shadows dancing in front of his eyes.

Taehyung immediately snapped his fingers and a sputtering blue flame burning brightly in the palm of his hand.

The shadowy figures shifted uncomfortably, one fell on its bum and the other stood in front of him , its hands were wrapped in black mist.

"Show yourself before I roast your face off your necks." Taehyung threatened, making the blue flame burn brighter and hotter. He heard some whisperings and shuffling of feet. Suddenly, 7 boys appeared before him, all about the same height. They looked Korean, except for one that looked a Thai.

The 7 of them were seemed different, instead of spirits, they were...

Taehyung wrecked his brain to find the right term to address them.

Instead of spirits, they were shadows. Shadows are upperclass men, there are treated better than spirits, but still a level lower than angels. Taehyung narrowed his eyes at one of them, who stood out more than the others, he caught a glimpse of jet black hair and strong body figure.

"I said show yourselves dammit, unless you really want me to roast you." Taehyung said, standing up. They backed away, one even whimpered in fear of the spirit attacking.

One by one, all 7 seven of them showed themselves. Each of them having unique facial structure and body builds. Taehyung extinguished his blue flame and sat his hand down, his long finger playing with his green colored tie tied on his arm.

"What do you want? Why did you bring me all the way here? I have someone to get back to, so make it quick."

"A shadow like you shouldn't have talking to us like that." A boy spat, folding his arms over his chest. He had midnight blue hair, long legs and he was the tallest in the bunch. "You shouldn't be even demanding for everything."

"Kim Yugyeom." Someone warned.

"Whatever." The tall boy, Yugyeom, snapped.

"We brought you here as we saw you talking to the angels." A red head spoke up, he fixed his denim jacket and straightened his white t-shirt. "Do you know how dangerous it is? They could snap their fingers and send you back to Limbo!"

"I know that. As if I haven't heard of that stupid ass lecture before already!" Taehyung retorted, taking a step closer to them. "Tell me why the hell did you bring me here!"

They looked at each other, and frowned.

"It's rude that we didn't introduce ourselves." One of them said, trying muster a smile, but instead, it turned out to be a nervous twitching of the lips instead. "I am Park Jinyoung."

"I am Mark." The one with the denim jacket said.

"Jackson. That's BamBam." The silvered haired introduced and said the other's name. The one that looked Thai and had the long legs.

"I am Jaebum, that sunshine is Youngjae, and the brat is Yugyeom."

Yugyeom gave a snort back in return.

Taehyung was still confused and those 7 shadows still didn't answer his question.

"COULD YOU PLEASE ANSW-!"

"The angels are already trying to plan to break out of Byun Baekhyun, their current host. Once they break him, they would then take control of Jeon Jung kook, the boy you are now associated with. "Mark interrupted, putting his hand up to silence the spirit.

Taehyung nodded, balling up his fists. He already knew that from the 'nice' little chat he had earlier. He was getting more and more frustrated by the second, if the shadow men doesn't give him more information, he would scream.

"They will first start by getting rid the people closest to him. As the chosen host's will slowly break, entities can enter him easily." Jinyoung continued from Mark. "And the only person Jung kook is currently the closest, hold dear in his heart is..."

"His mother." Jaebum finished.

Taehyung looked up, influencing his fists. He looked at the two that had just spoken something which were horrifying.  Jung kook loved his mother, taehyung could feel it. Taking his mother away would mean taking a huge chunk of Jung kook's will itself.

He was already getting bullied... and it wouldn't be long till the 13 angels took over.

"It can't be. They wouldn't be that cruel to a human being!" Taehyung said back, trying his best to keep his tone reasonable.

"Are you stupid?! They wouldn't be THAT cruel?! They would get rid of anything and everything just to get a new body for their own. They killed many innocent spirits and took their lovers away just to get a new body!" Yugyeom shouted. "And once they take control, forget about Jung kook! You won't get him back! EVER!"

Taehyung looked like he just got shot in the heart, his eyes wide and his mouth hung open. It was a sudden realization of how dangerous the situation was at hand, he knew he had done something wrong soon after Jung kook pouted his heart out to him. Taehyung had already gone too far in the pact. He couldn't rewind time and erase his past mistakes anymore.

Jackson sighed and pulled Yugyeom away, the taller struggled, but Jackson was stronger, and dragged the boy out of the house.

Without the tall boy's shouting, the room turned a lot quieter. It was just pure suspense that hung in the air. Only the occasional tapping of foot could be heard.

"But what if... what if Jung kook dies and becomes a spirit instead? Wouldn't that be better?" Youngjae asked, running his finger through his metallic colored hair. "I mean, Taehyung is a spirit."

"Youngjae, of Jung kook is a spirit, spirit hunters would hunt him down. And that would also be bad." Jaebum replied, his time softer ,more caring. "You want them to be happy, not trapped in that cell forever."

"Couldn't we just protect them?" BamBam asked, he was inlet for some time.

"That is a feasible idea but..." Jinyoung said.

"But?"

"But we are upperclass men, the angels would suspect."

"Damn it."

Taehyung heard a soft distant ringing, a sweet melody to some people. But a terrifying scream to him.

"The angels are here." Mark whispered, striding over to Taehyung and taking him by the shoulder. "Taehyung, remember. After this, please do not leave Jung kook out of your sight. With twelve spirits and one in his body, he would be prone to any magical danger... understood?"

The brunette nodded.

"Good."

Mark waved his hand in front of Taehyung's eyes and he was sucked into a black void. With a blink of an eye, the brunette was teleported next to Jung kook. He had to take in a deep breath to calm himself down. As his heart returned to its normal beating rate, Taehyung turned around only to have his heart beat race again.