CHAPTER 26

After the gardening activity, Taehyung plopped himself down next to Jung kook, who was playing with the stray grass and picking dirt on his fingers.

"You can wash it, you know," Taehyung said, closing his eyes.

"Get up, we spotted an angel roaming the streets today. We have to move." Someone said, nudging Taehyung's head with the tip of his shoe. Taehyung groaned and turned around, shielding his head.

"Hey get up, assh*le," another barked, lifting Taehyung up by the collar of his shirt. The brunette made a rude noise and opened his eyes, only to see Yugyeom on top of him, eating what seemed like a lollipop. "When Jaebum says get up, you get up. No excuses."

"Jesus Christ." Taehyung muttered, getting up onto his feet and bruh isn't stray grass off his shirt. "Where are we going?"

The six men looked at each other. "To earth."

Jung kook immediately sprung into a seating position. "I am not going back there! There's so much happening there!"

"But if you spend too much time in other realms... you will disappear sooner or later. "Jackson warned, gesturing to Jung kook's body. "As a human, you must be careful being transported around like that. The conditions are harsh, but it's our safest bet."

Taehyung decided to step in and explained everything, trying his best to coax Jung kook into believing that returning back home is best for him.

"And what type of joke is that? Home? My father is dead, my mother is nowhere to be found and... and what next? "Jung kook fought back. "I am not going back there! "

Taehyung sighed. "Just do it for me, this once. Once this is all over... we can... we can be happy.

That was a lie.

Taehyung knew that he just said a lie that he could never redeem. A sin. Taehyung swallowed thickly as Bambam and Youngjae prepared a portal to transport the duo back into Earth. Jung kook stood up reluctantly, not wanting to go back. But what Taehyung had said before tempted him. Was there really a time , in the distant future, where the both of them are happy?

Taehyung held onto Jung kook's hand and kissed the younger boy's lips.

~

Taehyung and Jung kook was back at Jung kook's old home. Nothing seemed to have changed. It was still old looking, yet felt cozy. Jung kook tightening his grip onto Taehyung's hand, the brunette could feel the other's heartbeat through his rough hand and gave a reassuring squeeze. He smiled, trying to hide his own nervousness. Jung kook went up to the porch step and knocked on the door. Three hollow knocks, taehyung but his insides of cheeks in anticipation.

The door jiggled and twisted, Taehyung crossed his finger behind his back, hoping that someone normal, Jung kook's normal mother would appear.

The door creaked open, revealing a tuff of black hair.

"Muh-mom?" Jung kook croaked. The woman lifted up his head and flashed a smile, her lips stretching upward. Taehyung squinted his eyes to study the woman, however, Jung kook already threw his arms around his mother. The old lady patted his back comfortingly, smiling while doing so.

The spirit felt a pang of over protectiveness in his heart.

"Mom, that's Taehyung." Jung kook introduced, grabbing onto Taehyung's hand and pulling him towards Jung kook. The brunette's heart beta sped up rapidly, Jung kook wasn't the one to initiate skin ship. It was usually opposite,however the feeling was new to the spirit.

"Hello, Taehyung. Why are you bringing him here,Jung kook-ah." His mother warmly asked. She relished where they were standing and flashed an embarrassed smile. "Goodness! Come inside! I'll bring out some sweets."

Taehyung cautiously stepped into the house, he took off his shoes and set them at a corner. Jung kook did the same, except much slower, Taehyung looked at him as asked what was wrong. The boy just shook his head.

The duo walked towards the living room and Taehyung looked around, the room wasn't thrashed, it looked almost brand new. Jung kook led Taehyung into the kitchen, where his mother was preparing some drinks and sweets for the two boys. Taehyung wasn't very accustomed to homely feeling, he was left alone for quite some time.

"Taehyung, how old are you?"

"Uh...nineteen." He replied, sliding into a seat next to Jungkook. Th black haired boy went to take a piece of candy from the glass bowl and popped in his mouth. His mother served him some juice and Taehyung quickly took a sip to ease the awkward tension between them.

"Do you have parents that I can keep in touch with? I think you two fit great together." Jung kook's mother asked. It really hits heard back home, Taehyung's parents might not remember him anymore. They might be even dead for all he knew.

"He doesn't have parents." Jung kook filled in bitterly." Quit asking personal questions."

His mother looked at him with disapproval. " Sorry, Jung kook isn't always like that." Her voice was lowered down to a whisper, but Taehyung could still clearly hear it. "Why are like this?! You are usually nicer."

Jung kook muttered something and stood up, kicking the chair behind. His ice glowed blue and Taehyung grabbed his hand tightly. His lips were quivering as his hands wrapped around Jung kook's now freezing hands. Jung kook ran his hand through his hair and pulled his hand away from Taehyung. He fixed his clothes and turn to leave the kitchen.

"I'll be in my room. Leave me alone."

Taehyung grabbed onto Jung kook's clothes. Jung kook's mother scolded him whilst the younger boy grew more annoyed.

"I said LEAVE ME ALONE!" Jung kook shouted.

After that, he stormed off.

Author needs to get this boring ass chapter done. Author will continue soon. Sorry.