CHAPTER 32

There was a thick silence shrouding the room. It was uncomfortable for the two of them, Jung kook hating to relish the thought of Taehyung stroking his hair comfortingly, his heavy hand touching his scalp and running through his silk like hair. Both wanted to speak, but both waited for the other to speak first.

"There's a festival coming soon. Do you want to join me?" Taehyung spoke up first. Jung kook tried his best to hold back the wave of relief that washed over him.

"W-what? You want me to go to a festival with you? Me?! A spirit?! Won't people think that you are a mad man?!" Jung kook retorted.

"No. I just want to spend time with you. Is that wrong?" Taehyung replied.

"Spend time with me?! Why aren't you mad at me?! Why aren't you angry?! "

"What do you mean?! I am not mad! I..." Taehyung trailed off. Jung kook assumed that the brunette was lying. Jung kook walked the human's hand away from him and stood up, pointing an accusing finger at Taehyung, who in return gave him a sad look. "I am just worried about you!"

Jung kook's eyes dampened for a second, but he blinked it away. He suppressed down his emotions and continued to speak.

"Worried?! What have I caused?! Killings! Deaths! Misery! What am I?! What do I do?! Why do you even care?!" Jung kook retorted, standing up and wiping his tears away with the crook of his arm.

"Please. Jung kook, don't say that. I really do care! Please. I will find a way."

Something rang out, it was more of a crash, splinters of wood could be heard and boulders dropping onto the ground, crushing the marble flooring down below. Taehyung spun his head to the door and grabbed Jung kook, who in turned cringed at the skin ship.

"RUN!" He heard Jisoo yell. Jung kook looked around, a window. It would aid their escape. He struggled out of Taehyung's embrace and got to the window, ripping the curtains off and pushing the grills and glass away from him. Taehyung took the initiative to lock the door and push a night table next to it, jamming the door knob.

The brunette got to the spirit's side and Jung kook climbed out of the window, swinging one leg out onto the ledge and pushing himself out to the open. His heels touched the roof and he jumped out, landing unsteadily out of the red tiled roof. Taehyung followed suite, but he kept one hand on the ledge, his other hand reaching out to grab Jung kook's.

The spirit started to walk down,slowly and carefully. However, he slipped and couldn't find anything to grab onto. He rolled down the roof and immediately caught onto the edge of the roof. His fingers digging into tiles. His knuckles turning white, his legs getting heavier and heavier by the second. He tried to get up, his other arm refused to move. He prayed that there was something to catch him down below, he turned his head and looked down, he could only see a bush and a tree beside it.

"Jung kook! Hang on! I'll come and get you!" Taehyung hollered.

"Take your goddamn time!" Jung kook called back. His fingers began to slip and his could feel that his hand was also getting tired. Before his hands fully unclasp the tile, Taehyung grabbed Jung kook's arm and pulled him back up. Jung kook collapsed at Taehyung's shoulder and heaved a sigh of relief.

"We need to go. They might catch up to us."

"But how? The angels are everywhere. It's too dangerous to jump off." Taehyung said.

"There's a tree. We can go off from there." Jung kook said, pulling away. He scooted towards the edge again, keeping in mind not to fall. Taehyung followed closely, grabbing onto Jung kook's shirt whenever the spirit threatened to fall off.  Taehyung pulled Jung kook back when he let one leg dangle down from the roof.