CHAPTER 19

Taehyung got to the house, only to see that the chairs and tables were overturned, the blue colored crest burnt into the floorboards of the cottage. Taehyung saw no bodies, which was a relief for him . The spirit started rummaging through the drawers, trying to find something useful. Something that could tell him where the trio went.

The brunette cursed loudly as he finished the whole column of drawers, he just found cute drawings from Hoseok, old bills, and out-dated newspapers. Taehyung could not find any secret letters, potions or new magic spells he could try out to defend himself. The ripped through another drawer, flipping through old and yellowed letters, inkless pens and useless old medicine recipes. He couldn't find anything useful. Where did Jimin go? Where did he take Yoongi and Hoseok?

"COME ON! GIVE ME SOMETHING USEFUL DAMMIT!" Taehyung half-begged and half-demanded at the same time. He shoved the drawer back in and kicked the cabinet out of pure frustration . It of course, toppled over and revealed a door carved into the wall. It was painted white, and the handle seemed to be hidden with a machinery. From afar, it just looked a corroded wall, but with a closer inspection, the contraption had numbers engraved onto it, a tiny knob could be seen, Taehyung fiddled with the contraption, turning the knob, pressing numbers.

But none of them worked, Taehyung panicked, what other combinations are there? Taehyung went on playing with the knob once again, turning and twisting until he heard a click, a satisfying one. The one that Taehyung want to hear. He looked at the number at the metal arrow.

"30?" Taehyung read it out loud, scratching his head. "30...what? Why 30?"

He literally played with the knob once again, one number and he could bust open the door. He tried any combinations from 1 to 30. After 11 tries and an episode of the spirit throwing a temper tantrum, he finally got the combination correct.

"30 12? The time? The date?... Why 30th December? I don't get this... Why that date?" Taehyung muttered, running his fingers through his hair again. He pushed open the door and a loud creak could be heard and Taehyung quickly slipped into the small hallway, bending over to fit through the small frame. He had to stoop down to avoid hitting his head on the low ceiling. Apparently, the person who constructed the hallway did not take in consideration that there were taller spirits in the goddamned realm.

Taehyung crouched down and closed the door, he could hear the soft purr of machinery, and the door soon was shut tightly. He couldn't even see the outside anymore, it looked like the door had become one with the wall as if the door wasn't there in the first place.

Taehyung crawled against the cold ground, squinting his eyes to figure out what was in front of him. There was no light source in the tunnel at all. Taehyung did not even know why he had gone into the mysterious door, he just felt that he needed help Jimin and the others. Taehyung ventured deeper down the hallway and his feet stepped onto a crack on the ground and the whole tunnel rumbled and shook, the ceiling groaned and threatened to fall. Taehyung turned around as saw the concrete ceiling sinking to the ground.

Taehyung got up and ran deeper into the tunnel, entering another door that threw him off his feet and submerged his body into black ink. His blue glowing body was drowned away by the murky color, he saw the exit collapsing, the bricks and stones falling against each other and some even got into murky substance. Taehyung flipped himself around and saw that he couldn't break out from the film of shadow murk that surrounded his body like a slimy shield. He was transported towards a door which was painted blood red, a weird choice of color in the shadow realm. The porch step was lined with pots of flowers, however, the colors appeared dull and washed away.

The door was bright and was definitely easy to notice, Taehyung landed on the porch step, he had no choice but to open the door. The door made the hairs on his back stand erect, it looked blood and it screamed " bad idea " to him. Once his hand touches the brass doorknob, his body was pulled through the door with brute force and he as back to a colorful world. The red door became the front door of a home, the porch step was lined with the similar pots, except the flowers were all bursting with life.

Taehyung looked around, there were cars and people on the streets, chattering happily. There was a plating at the side of the door.

Kim

"Kim?" Taehyung muttered, staring at it intently. "Which realm is this?" He looked at the street again, this time noticing shops in Korean, not Melodic, no  castle, no magic. Just ordinary Earth-things happening around him. " I am back on Earth?!"

He did not think twice and rang the door bell. The buzzing sound (a/n : Yoongi's signature mansion door bell song. EHHHHHHHH.) filled his ears, the door knob jiggled and he could hear scolding and a hushed noise. Taehyung bit his lip in anticipation.

The door knob turned and revealed a tuff of blonde hair and hipster glasses.
"KIM TAEHYUNG!" Seokjin exclaimed, pulling the brunette into the house. He slammed the door shut and pressed his hand against the door and muttered something under his breath, the door and windows beside it glowed then the lights disappeared quickly.

A sealing spell.

"Seokjin, you..."Taehyung started off. "You are an angel?"

"I am indeed an angel. It's not something I can explain to you as of right now, where is your friend?" Seokjin questioned, drawing back the curtains and looking outside, the view from the window was different from the outside.

Instead of a road and shops, it showed the spirits and other entities roaming around the street. Seokjin was expecting Jung kook come bounding back to Taehyung for arrive a minute of two after the spirit.

"He is not here... Taehyung, where is your friend? Didn't you swear to protect him?!" Seokjin asked again.

The brunette opened his mouth to seaplane, but he could hear Hoseok running down the stairs in a rush.

"Hyungg~" Hoseok chirped, latching onto the spirit and his little hands played with his fluffy hair.

"Hey, kiddo."

"We will talk about this later with the rest of the adults." Seokjin said, brushing past Taehyung.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up." Someone said. Jung kook groaned and pushed himself up while his eyes were still closed. Someone nudged Jung kook awake with their foot, and the boy scrambled up and rubbed his eyes, yawning loudly. " Quit yawning, I don't have tome to put up with your shit."

Jung kook was finally awake, he remembered what happened before he had passed out. He touched his stomach, trying to feel for broken bones, but felt no pain.

"I healed you for god's sake. Now listen up." The man said, currently annoyed and rushing. He had his arms folded and he tapped his polished shoes on the marble ground.

He had jet black hair and no nice lips, but his eyes were almost feline like, darting around and looking for any eavesdroppers. "The angels will interrogate you again sooner or later. The oldest brother returned to the castle when you were out, and he is well... furious. We will try to help you, but you must find the solution if escaping yourself."

"We?! You have other men?!" Jung kook asked.

"Ugh, I am a friend of Mark's, you can say I am his right hand man." He supplied. "Please listen, you must find a solution yourself. We cannot help you...escape."

"I don't understand! What solution?! I don't even know how to escape!" Jung kook hissed.

"It's either you think of a plan, or you die miserably!" With that said, the new man disappeared.

Jung kook was going to yell at him for being too vague when he heard the flitter of wings. He could smell smoke and hear the soft crackling of fire. Jung kook got up to his feet and ran towards the bars of the cage, his hand wrapping around the crystal bars. He tried his best to see who that person was, but he couldn't like his head through the gaps.

He first saw the legs, then the hand, then the face.

Then the amber colored eye that was once on his mother.

Choi Seungcheol.