CHAPTER 7

Paying the price isn't hard.

You just run away until you get caught.

When you get caught, you are it.

Tag, you're it.

Taehyung had the fear of getting caught. Getting caught a means that you are out, you loose the game. The unknown spirit said the word "game", and Taehyung did not want  to lose. He only wants to win, win the game... and also to win Jung kook's heart.

Just putting it out there for all of you.

Then again, games have its obstacles, it would be stupid to break the rules, you would be forfeited, you either loose, or do something rather humiliating. Taehyung did not want to know what the punishment, his previous punishment was bad enough, he had spent 5 years wandering in limbo.

5 freaking years!

It felt like an eternity just waiting for the right time to get out of there.

The bell snapped him out of his thoughts and the class were packing up, glancing at Jung kook wearily who was shivering in his seat, his hands trembling as he reached out for his .books Seokjin was also preparing to leave for his next class, tucking a strand of bright blonde hair over his ear. He fixed his black rimmed glasses and headed out of the room.

The rest were taking out their materials for their next class, textbooks, notebooks and more. Taehyung furrowed his eye brows and turned to Jung kook.

"Jung kook, do you need to go to the school nurse?"

"N-no... I-I am o-okay." He stammered.

"Are you kidding me? You are shaking like it is minus 10 degrees!" Taehyung retorted, standing up. The whole class took a look at him, shooting the brunette a deadly glare and Jung kook flinched, his hand raising up to protect his head. He shook again, this time, his whole body trembled.

It wasn't because of the cold, Jung kook was scared, no, terrified.

"Are you scared of me? You know I won't hurt you." Taehyung lowered his voice this time. 

Jung kook whispered something soft, something that Taehyung couldn't quite catch. The terrified boy held his position, hands in front of his face and muscles tensing as Taehyung looked at Jung kook with confused eyes. The raven haired boy dropped down his hands limply to his side as Taehyung sat back down, leaning on his bag.

"S-sorry. It is a h-habitual thing of mine."

"What? Habitual? Don't make me laugh, clearly you have the mind set of somebody hurting you when they stand like that." Taehyung snorted, putting his leg onto the desk. He folded his arms and pushed himself backward, until the chair was being supported by the desk behind him. "Tell me after school, or during lunch. Whichever you are comfortable with."

"A-at h-home. " Jung kook replied, eyes tearing away from Taehyung. " The next teacher is here. "

Jung kook stood up, along with the rest of the class. The teacher , again, was a male. And again, Taehyung recognized him, his same dimpled cheeks and hipster-ish classes, the long legs and the tendency to have beanies for a hat.

"Hello class, I will be taking over for History today. I am Mr. Kim Namjoon." He introduced himself, he turned to look at Taehyung, the teacher's eyes momentarily dimmed, but his happy natured returned quickly after that. " Open up your textbooks and turn to page 150."

The teacher walked around the class to check on their textbooks and stopped at Taehyung's table. He frowned as he noticed that the brunette's table was empty, only a pencil case was present.

"See me after class, you have some explaining to do." Mr.Kim scolded.

"B-but... Mr. Kim, he is a new student!" Jung kook protested, standing up for Taehyung. His height almost parried the teacher, Jung kook explained to Mr. Kim that Taehyung just attended school that day as he just moved to town.

"No excuses!" Mr. Kim raised his voice and slammed his hand to the table. Jung kook jumped and backed away, hitting the other table behind him. Jung kook gulps, his hand fumbling for something hold on, only to be pushed forward by the a bully behind him. Jung kook stumbled forward and the whole class was threw into a mad frenzy. Everyone except for Namjoon and Taehyung laughed their asses off.

Taehyung got up and grabbed Jung kook's hand, and dashed for the door. Taehyung ran down the hallway and stopped at the stairwell.

"How dare he snap at you!" Taehyung said through gritted teeth. Taehyung's ears were red at the tip, and his hands were balled into fists. "That son of a bitch!"

"Taehyung, it's okay. I did talk back to him, it is fine." Jung kook whispered, his fingers playing with each other and also seem to like fiddling with his green tie. " He is also a teacher..."

"I am not done with that class yet! WHO IS THAT SICKO WHO PUSHED YOU?" Taehyung demanded, running his fingers through his hair, feeling extremely frustrated. " I swear I can skin all of them alive."

Taehyung sighed and leaned forward, his head leaning against Jung kook's shoulder. His breath tickled Jung kook's skin and the younger also sighed deeply, feeling tired from whatever had happened in the first hour of school. Jung kook sighed too, closed his eyes and his hands found Taehyung's head, his fingers going through his soft locks. Taehyung's heart beat sped up as Jung kook's cold and steely hands stroked his hair to calm his nerves that were on fire.

"If I can be anything I want, I would want to be normal in front of you." Jung kook mumbled.

If I sat anything I want, I would want to say "I love you". Taehyung thought

That thought made his chest burst into flames, it hurts a lot just by thinking about it. The three forbidden words that was so easy for a human to say. It creates joy, comfort , but for a spirit, they couldn't enjoy love. Jung kook dropped his hand as he heard some soft sniffles coming from Taehyung. The raven haired boy took a step backward and Taehyung's head snapped up. The brunette had his hand on his heart as it continued to burn, it seem to swell up, like a balloon inflating.

The spirit staggered, he never knew the consequence would be that dire, for him to act up in school hours. Jung kook went up to him, his hand finding Taehyung's shoulders and Jung kook held him up as the spirit's legs failed him. It was like turning jelly, unable to support his weight.

"I see something..." Jung kook whispered, his voice shaking. "Taehyung, don't panic."

"What is it?" Taehyung rasped, still clutching at his heart.

"A spirit." Jung kook's voice changed, free of pain, smoother and more sweeter. Taehyung's head shot up from the change of tone and saw Jung kook's brown eyes change to icy blue. It faded away and switched to the warm brown Taehyung had grown accustomed to.

"J-Jung kook you..."

"Taehyung, I will borrow this for a while, without my shared body, I'd be weak. The will of this body is strong, I applaud him. So, I won't be present all the time. It is great to see your suffer, his body won't sustain long, his sanity would slowly dissolve, I am not really the most responsible person." The spirit spoke through Jung kook's mouth. The sad smile Jung kook had adorned before was replaced with a chilling one.

"Get out of him!" Taehyung demanded, pushing the body away from him. " Get out of him! He doesn't deserve this!"

"You are the one who became reckless and made the pact with me! With US!"However, the eye colour changed again, Jung kook, the real one, crashed into the wall behind him. The back of his head smashed against the white washed wall and a sickening crack could be heard. Jung kook gone limp and slipped against the wall like a rag doll, both of his hands spread out beside him. Taehyung could see a trickle of blood sliding down Jung kook's face.

What have I done?