CHAPTER 22

Jung kook woke up with a start and a pounding head, he could barely see, the bright orange light was bleeding through the curtains and right to his eyes. He blinked a few times and shook his head, trying to recount whatever had happened. But he couldn't remember much everything was blurry, his head ached. He looked up and scanned the room. It was different, it wasn't his room. It was more posh and richer.

The bed he was in was soft and smelled like daisies. He shifted, and his hand swept onto something soft and Jung kook immediately retracted his hand.

He turned and saw Taehyung sleeping beside him, his face pressed against the pillow and his brown hair swept across his forehead. The spirit snored and Jung kook fell back onto bed again, extending his hand to run through the soft looking hair. His fingers touched the silky hair and Taehyung sighed, pressed his face deeper into the pillow. Jung kook cracked a smile and draped the covers onto Taehyung's sleeping body.

He frowned as he saw bags under his eyes, his lips were muted in color. Jung kook swallowed and went out of bed. His legs turning into jelly when his feet touch the soft rug. He pushed himself up to stand up when a hand grabbed his shirt. Jung kook was pulled backward.

"You are awake," Taehyung whispered, breathing heavily against Jung kook's ear. "Feeling better?"

"B-better..." Jung kook replied. Taehyung smiled and placed a small peck on Jung kook cheek. " W-what's u-up?"

"I just want to spend more time with you. That's all." Taehyung spoke softly.

Jung kook pulled away, leaving Taehyung's embrace. He pursed his lips and crossed his legs, his hands in between his legs and looking at the old pants he was wearing. Taehyung moved and went up to Jung kook with the blanket over his head. Jung kook only then took notice that the spirit was only wearing a pair of red boxers.

His face heated up almost instantaneously. His heart raced and Jung kook lifted up his hands to cover up his eyes.

"Put on some clothes! This is disturbing to see you like that!" Jung kook protested, using another arm to swat Taehyung away. But the brunette was much stronger. He got to Jung kook's eye level and pulled Jung kook's hands away from his eyes.

"You are cute," Taehyung commented. Jung kook chewed the insides of his cheeks and was unsure how he would respond to this statement. "I could squish your cheeks all day."

"Ew, don't make me gayer than I am now." Jung kook responded bitterly. "I have to go, I still have some things to worry about."

Jung kook slid off the bed and went towards the door, his hand wrapped around the door handle when he slammed against the wall beside the door. Taehyung was a centimeter away from Jung kook's face. He could see the blue tint in the spirit's eyes. It was mixed in with the warm brown. Jung kook could clearly see the red gradient in Taehyung's lips and every eyelash he had.

"Jaebum is outside with Seokjin. They are talking and I saw, I know what you caused and Jaebum isn't happy. If you want to live, I suggest you stay in the room with me." Taehyung warned, both of his arms are placed beside Jung kook's head and putting the younger male in a constricting position. "If you want to be safe, I suggest you play with me for a little while."

"What do you mean by that? I am not getting anything from you, keep your sh*t away from me."

"I'm not doing anything dirty to you... I am just protecting you." Taehyung said, retreating away. He threw away the blanket and took a black tee hung on the foot of the bed and slipped it on. "Fine, I'll tell you why. Your face literally told me everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Seokjin... I don't know why I left him it's just... just..."

"It's just because you are selfish. That's it. There's no reason for you leave him in the spirit realm." Seokjin scolded, jabbing his finger onto Taehyung shoulder. The brunette was pushed backward a little and the blonde sighed.

"I don't know how I can explain it to you. I just really... care about him. I really do! But then..."

"But then you left him in that realm where angels are in ruling. Where someone could die, where he could die." Seokjin hissed, eyeing the door dangerously.

Taehyung was at a loss for words. He didn't now how to react. Seokjin was speaking like a mother who was caring for her child. He barley knew Jung kook but already showed concern for him. "What can you do for me?"

"I cannot do anything." Seokjin replied bluntly, looking away, his eyes shifted and showed uneasiness. "You can't keep asking me for help. I may not be able to save him, you are the only one who can fix him. It's either you die or he die."

Die.

"I-it's muh-my choice?" Taehyung stuttered, looking at the angel with hopeful eyes.

Seokjin sighed and stood up, his height towering over Taehyung.

"I've already called upon the shadowmen, I'll help you. JUST THIS ONCE. Cause any trouble again and it's all your responsibility." Seokjin said through gritted, finally relenting a little as he saw how miserable Taehyung was. He knew that something would happen, someone would sacrifice himself for saving the human.

He knew someone would.

But he wouldn't know who will it be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"... Jinyoung sacrificed himself for the whole troop." Taehyung finished.

Jung kook remembered, the puzzle pieces fell into place. But other than that, he never knew why Jinyoung would do that.

Was it because of him?

Because of his group?

Or was it because it was an order by Seokjin and they were supposed to die for their superior?

"What about Mom?" Jung kook asked.

"She... I am not sure." Taehyung admitted. "No one told me yet. I assume you haven't seen her in the castle either."

Jung kook's heart fell.

Taehyung let out a snort and his hands went to Jung kook's face, using the pad of his thumb to massage Jung kook's cheeks. He pulled at the cheeks and formed a smile on the younger's face.

"Be happy for me. "Taehyung whispered, leaning in and pressing his lips onto Jung kook's cold ones. This time Jung kook felt that it was electrifying, his arms wrapped around Taehyung's waist and deepened the kiss.
Taehyung pushed Jung kook towards the wall and continued kissing , his hands dropping to Jung kook hips and tugged at the wrecked shirt

His hands smoothly slipped into the shit and Taehyung ran his fingers on Jung kook stomach and smirked against the younger's lips as he heard a shocked squeak.

"What? Don't like it? "

"No... its just that..." Jung kook was cut off again when Taehyung pulled away. Jung kook slid down the wall to catch his breath.

"Sorry Seokjin. We promise not to do anything stupid." Taehyung said. Jung kook turned and saw Seokjin standing at the door with his arms crossed.

"Jaebum wants to see you."

"Wuh-what?" Jung kook asked. "I..I... huh?"

"He wants to see you. He wants to talk. "Seokjin repeated, his voice hardening. "He wants to talk about Jinyoung."

Jung kook stood up and bushed past Seokjin and Taehyung, he was getting nervous, his heart pounding rapidly as he went towards the living room. He could hear the loud sigh of Jaebum, and the cries of Hoseok in the kitchen and the constsnt murmurs of comforting words from Yoongi or Jimin. He couldn't really make out that one. 

His head peeked out of the dimly lit hallway, only to see Jaebum on the sofa, playing with what seemed like a small knife in his hands. 

"Stop looking. Let's talk." He sadi, not looking away from the knife. Jung kook proceeded to plant himself in front of the shadowman and keep quiet. 

"When I mean, "let's talk", I meant, let's go out and talk. Hoseok is crying and I don't want to sacre him further." Jaebum asdi, standing up. "Go change, I'll meet you at the door later."